Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Chavez Jr Official for May 6th

On the other hand, let's talk about what it means if the expected happens, which is a (shudder)... Canelo victory.

Let's be real here. What POSSIBLE excuse could Golden Boy and Canelo have now for avoiding a showdown with GGG?? I mean, these guys used every excuse in the book, from letting the fight (cough)... "marinate", to laughingly saying that Canelo was too small for 160 (obviously I must've missed some math classes in school, 'cause I always thought that

164.5 > 160

Of course, Canelo and his people will be praying that GGG loses to Jacobs, 'cause they'll be off the hook. Wait.... unless Jacobs then calls out Canelo, in which case GDP will have to come up with a whole new set of excuses.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Let's be real here. What POSSIBLE excuse could Golden Boy and Canelo have now for avoiding a showdown with GGG??
    i would guess if they are not going to fight golovkin within a couple of fights after this one( i suspect they will take on bjs before golovkin) then alvarez will be taking on the mexican champ at super middleweight and sell it as another mexican grudge match then keep jumping around random/ made up weightclasses

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is if people hate Canelo so much they could just boycott him and refuse to pay for his fights. A PPV is something like 5 hours wages for some people, so if you don't like him just don't pay him. If a GGG fight happens it is probably worth an hours wages, so you might consider it, but otherwise screw him. I hope Chavez Jnr knocks him out and I will watch it on You Tube later. If I ever meet Chavez Jnr I will buy him a doughnut.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lemieux has been add to the undercard in a show case bout.

Also JoJo Diaz vs Manuel Avila is on the card. I think this is a great matchup. I used to be really high on Avila until his last fight where I thought he was very lucky to escape with the win.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Also JoJo Diaz vs Manuel Avila is on the card. I think this is a great matchup. I used to be really high on Avila until his last fight where I thought he was very lucky to escape with the win.
    So you could be right when you said that Lemieux was being lined for canelo next.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprisingly, the undercard is solid. It would be a very good free fight card. The main event is nowhere near PPV worthy though.

El Kabong Guest

This SHOULD be a throwback blood and guts fight....POR EL CORAZON DE MEEEEEEEEEEXICOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I thoroughly dislike both JC Jr. & Canelo. That said JC Jr has 0 reason to lose this fight and THAT will be why he loses. He's a ne'erdowell who has made money riding Papa JC's coattails and he'll put in a shitty performance because he'll expect a win to be handed to him. Canelo for all I dislike him, he at least has worked for his money, he believes he's worth more than anyone else does but whatever he's a boxer with a big ego, no shortage of those.

Canelo wins a decision and then there's whispers of a fight vs Pacquiao which will never fucking happen and let's see maybe he fights Garcia or Thurman, he won't fight either Charlo brother or Lara, he will want a big money fight but apparently not vs GGG and there are pretty much none of those around.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

So you could be right when you said that Lemieux was being lined for canelo next.
    It may be a way of Golden Boy trying to force GGG's hand a little. If Golovkin takes the Saunders fight they can use Lemieux on the undercard to promote a fight with Canelo as I'm sure Lemiuex scores another highlight KO here.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not be putting Alvarez in with Lemieux. He's not exactly hard to hit and he wouldn't be a weight class bigger than Lemieux like he normally is. Lemieux would probably be bigger. If you're going to lose then lose in a PPV against Golovkin, not against somebody Golovkin already beat. And if he does lose to Lemieux it'd be on the end of an unpleasant sparking, not an easy thing to come back from.

Does anybody think Alvarez would beat Lemieux easily?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I would not be putting Alvarez in with Lemieux. He's not exactly hard to hit and he wouldn't be a weight class bigger than Lemieux like he normally is. Lemieux would probably be bigger. If you're going to lose then lose in a PPV against Golovkin, not against somebody Golovkin already beat. And if he does lose to Lemieux it'd be on the end of an unpleasant sparking, not an easy thing to come back from.

Does anybody think Alvarez would beat Lemieux easily?
    No, but it will be interesting comparing how he does against Lemieux than how GGG did.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think anyone thinks Alvarez would beat Lemieux easily. But he would be heavily favored as compared to a GGG clash. Also it would be an in house Golden Boy promotion so they win either way.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo could probably find lemieux all day in the wind up and counters him inside with stubby hooks while Lemieux his bringing those wide punches that start back in Canada. Hilarious would be if it was for the IBF title and the day of weigh in is an absolute ghost town because Canelo and Lemieux are sharing burgers and fries at dennys or something.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I think Canelo could probably find lemieux all day in the wind up and counters him inside with stubby hooks while Lemieux his bringing those wide punches that start back in Canada. Hilarious would be if it was for the IBF title and the day of weigh in is an absolute ghost town because Canelo and Lemieux are sharing burgers and fries at dennys or something.
    I think that he will have a speed advantage over most of the guys at the 160 division all good fights. As for him fighting Chavez I imagine GGG vs Jacobs will have a rematch so it would be fun fight to watch regardless.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no testing for this fight right?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no testing for this fight right?
    They both cheat in their own separate ways so it might as well be no rules, best man wins.

Thread Information