Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

There are bigger things at the moment.

May has got her proposal accepted by her cabinet but ministers are resigning and I do not think she will get the deal through parliament.

She may face a vote of no confidence!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There are bigger things at the moment.

May has got her proposal accepted by her cabinet but ministers are resigning and I do not think she will get the deal through parliament.

She may face a vote of no confidence!
    Oh I don't doubt you at all Master. Theresa May is not a well liked leader even in her own party, she's establishment, she WISHES she could keep England in the EU she's an establishment leader no different than Blair or Brown or Cameron. I'm not sure if Corbyn would have been different, but I know for a fact Farrage would have shaken things up.

From an outsider's perspective, I want to see England be unapologetically England. That's got 0 to do with race or religion, it's got to do with culture and pride. I want similar things for America, I want similar things for France, Germany, Russia, Japan, China, etc. I simply don't understand why leaders are so eager to throw away their histories for this idea of a new influx of migrants from places where there's no governments, no economies, none that work in our manner of doing things. Why are people so eager to fuck up a good thing? Who does it benefit?

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

From an outsider's perspective, I want to see England be unapologetically England.
    Britain, not England mate.

England marginally voted to leave, Scotland overwhelmingly to remain, Wales to leave. Northern Ireland is one of the main sticking points in the negotiations because of the border question (and also several hundred years of bloody history, hatred and complicated politics.)

If it was just England, it would be a much much easier negotiation internally, as well as with the EU.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

From an outsider's perspective, I want to see England be unapologetically England.
    Britain, not England mate.

England marginally voted to leave, Scotland overwhelmingly to remain, Wales to leave. Northern Ireland is one of the main sticking points in the negotiations because of the border question (and also several hundred years of bloody history, hatred and complicated politics.)

If it was just England, it would be a much much easier negotiation internally, as well as with the EU.
    I forgot how tedious y'all can be about the whole name thing....I guess I mean Britain then if we're being pedantic about it, but hey y'all continue calling 100% of Americans "Yanks" because THAT's accurate

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ministers are resigning by the day, May could be out by next week.

There could be a leadership challenge but who wants Boris or Mogg as leader?

Bring on a general election but do not want a 2nd referendum.

El Kabong Guest

We can all only hope she gets the hell out.

Boris would be a laugh riot. Mogg would be interesting....but your political system is so crazy it could be a darkhorse candidate.

The first referendum should be followed IMO they said 1 vote and now they're saying meh maybe the second will make the decision.....dude if you're having a vote the first vote should fucking count even thinking about a second referendum shakes the foundation of your government.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We can all only hope she gets the hell out.

Boris would be a laugh riot. Mogg would be interesting....but your political system is so crazy it could be a darkhorse candidate.

The first referendum should be followed IMO they said 1 vote and now they're saying meh maybe the second will make the decision.....dude if you're having a vote the first vote should fucking count even thinking about a second referendum shakes the foundation of your government.
    I agree but these Remainers will try anything to get another vote. Until they win they will not rest. They can not keep having votes until they win. Very corrupt and undemocratic a bit like what happened to the Irish.

El Kabong Guest

I agree but these Remainers will try anything to get another vote. Until they win they will not rest. They can not keep having votes until they win. Very corrupt and undemocratic a bit like what happened to the Irish.
    What do you think of the EU and more importantly the EU starting up it's own Armed Forces?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think of the EU and more importantly the EU starting up it's own Armed Forces?
    Fair point about 'yanks' and us thinking they are all the same Lyle. 👍🏼

Anyway, I reckon that a new EU Army would have New and Interesting criteria to be promoted ..... ...... whoever runs away the fastest gets promoted?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Fair point about 'yanks' and us thinking they are all the same Lyle. 👍🏼

Anyway, I reckon that a new EU Army would have New and Interesting criteria to be promoted ..... ...... whoever runs away the fastest gets promoted?
    The EU should start an army then we could get out of a useless NATO. Europe could be divided by the Russians and Chinese

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is very bad and I always anticipated that May would block it somehow. She has to go and dare I say it the UK could well see Rees Mogg as Prime Minister. He is the only one speaking any sense lately and Jeremy Corbyn cannot make up his mind what he is doing.

El Kabong Guest

"We are guided, above all by the principle... by a belief in the underlying unity of Europe...We have believed in ourselves as Englishmen & Europeans... We have believed in our fellow Europeans...And we have believed in the destiny of Europe"
    - Sir Oswald Mosley leader of the British Union of Fascists

Guy Verhofstadt Leader of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe & Member of European Parliament for Belgium

"member states are reluctant to transfer new sovereignty and powers to the European Union and we all know that the only way out of this crisis is a new transfer of powers to the European Union and to the European Institutions"

Anyone at all bothered by this in the least?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will be out of Europe by March 2019 one way or the other. EU can say what they want.

El Kabong Guest

So criticizing mass migration will become "hate speech" and that will be a CRIMINAL OFFENSE and media outlets who give room to criticism of migration can be shut down.

Thread Information