Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Just because this has been poorly managed does not mean it was not a good idea.
    Of course it does. And it is all your fault. Own it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Master we are all wrong lol.
    One person on this forum complains about austerity, doesn't that speak volumes.
    I am still glad we won the vote and look forward to whatever democracy brings.
    In fact I may open a bottle of Champagne to celebrate again tonight.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

Speak volumes? about what? about how rich you are or how fucking vacuous and empty you sound? You are right, fucking pages and pages, moaning about the austerity con....not. You are lucky you are able bodied mate, I make no apologies for struggling to make ends meet and pulling myself up by the bootstraps with no fucking help from the likes of you though.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Speak volumes? about what? about how rich you are or how fucking vacuous and empty you sound? You are right, fucking pages and pages, moaning about the austerity con....not. You are lucky you are able bodied mate, I make no apologies for struggling to make ends meet and pulling myself up by the bootstraps with no fucking help from the likes of you though.

Firstly I'm not rich I just work hard as does my wife, secondly struggling is all part of life it builds character, it isn't somebody else's fault.
    Nobody has a divine right to anything in life.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly I'm not rich I just work hard as does my wife, secondly struggling is all part of life it builds character, it isn't somebody else's fault.
    Nobody has a divine right to anything in life.
    We all work hard mate and it is a fact that people often struggle because of the action of others. You sound like the god squad with your building character rubbish. Austerity is not about building character it is about a political ideology that seeks to demonise and castigate the most vulnerable in society in order to keep the 1% in a position that they do not deserve at all. I don't have a problem with people being wealthy, it is all relative, but when the cards are stacked and democracy is used as an excuse to serve the few, then i believe it is my right to point that out.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Labour essentially agreeing to a second referendum is a kick in the teeth to democracy. There are shades to Brexit as there are shades to Remainers. For instance I am sure not all Remainers want a European army.

However Labour want to ask the public on the Brexit deal which is just another way of having a second referendum. The incompetence of the government to make a deal over 2 years, with the arrogance of the Remainers who will not accept the decision and with the Europeans who have played us like idiots have won the day.

I would love it if they lose the vote again but then they will try and have another excuse for a third one.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Labour is finished as a party now. Corbyn is right on the mark economically but he is daft as a brush on the EU and immigration. The UK has changed for the worse in so many ways which took me aback somewhat when visiting. Those things were all the fault of Labour.

Labour promoted things like this below and now it is becoming criminal to even speak out about it again thanks to Labour. Labour has lost its traditional vote base who would rather spit on Owen Jones. Shame really but Corbyn has made his choice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nP0XTvuRycY

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Labour is finished as a party now. Corbyn is right on the mark economically but he is daft as a brush on the EU and immigration. The UK has changed for the worse in so many ways which took me aback somewhat when visiting. Those things were all the fault of Labour.

Labour promoted things like this below and now it is becoming criminal to even speak out about it again thanks to Labour. Labour has lost its traditional vote base who would rather spit on Owen Jones. Shame really but Corbyn has made his choice.

Make your mind up. One minute the BBC and all journalists that are not knuckle dragging idiots like Tommeh are not to be trusted, and then you are posting portions of documentaries made by them to pretend that acting like idiotic muslim extremists and spitting on people you don't have the ability to debate with is OK. Idiot.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyway back to Brexit

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chicken anyone?

Brexit: Contract for shipping NHS supplies given to firm behind KFC chicken shortage

Ministers have handed a contract for shipping critical NHS supplies in the event of a no deal Brexit to the firm behind the KFC chicken shortage fiasco.
    The Mirror has learned that a Government logistics hub in Belgium will rely on delivery firm DHL to transport some key goods across the Channel.

The fast food chain was forced to temporarily close hundreds of outlets last year following the botched handover of its logistics contract to DHL.

MPs criticised the decision to rely on the firm to provide potentially life-saving drugs and equipment if the UK leaves without a deal.

Whitehall insiders said the hub was just one way that medical products would be brought into the country in a no deal scenario.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...paign=sharebar
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Make your mind up. One minute the BBC and all journalists that are not knuckle dragging idiots like Tommeh are not to be trusted, and then you are posting portions of documentaries made by them to pretend that acting like idiotic muslim extremists and spitting on people you don't have the ability to debate with is OK. Idiot.
    I don't see many Robinson supporters acting like that nor indeed spitting on anyone either. You may take a rhetorical flourish in the way a Facebook representative might, but it is an actual example of idiocy. I think you have computational issues. The BBC has certainly reported on cultural issues. It is not completely black or white, my binary numpty. Even Lionel Ritchie has written a good song. It is also responsible for distorting and manipulating too. You only need to hear them call Robinson far right to know that. Owen Jones does not have the ability to debate either.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles

Miles

Miles

Can you not see the irony in your argument? Firstly this has fuck all to do with Brexit but here you are claiming that everyone but you see things as purely binary arguments, after wearing those exact same blinkers for years in post after tedious, predictable, repetitive post.

Then you are using Murdochs Sky News the behemoth of MSM to attack someone for having the integrity to stand up to their bullshit narrative. You do this all the time. Toe the establishment line and pretend that anyone who would stand up and fight for their beliefs is just a stooge as though you, hilariously the most soyboy of drama queen's, have the monopoly on reason and levity.

You would stamp your feet and demand a call to prayer without Suede or Morrisey singing it is an affront to your integrity as the palest and most wan of indie wannabe, mascara wearing homo acting straight boys. And yet some homophobic Muslim bigot deliberately targeting and killing actual gay people in a gay club is something a gay ACTUAL journalist should shut the fuck up over and let Murdochs monkeys pretend it is not homophobic at all.

This is the same argument that pisses me off on holocaust memorial day, virtual signalling faux empathy where everyone mistakes outrage with wanting to claim a share in victimhood, potential or otherwise.

It is the same place Farrage, Rees-Mogg, Etc operate from. They don't give a fuck about England or Britain. Brexit for them is the ticket to amassing huge wealth and though you know it, you refuse to call them out on it. Because I expect you too are the type of investor who would unflinchingly gamble and not bat an eyelid whilst profiteering from the destruction of the country in which you were born.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles

Miles

Miles

Can you not see the irony in your argument? Firstly this has fuck all to do with Brexit but here you are claiming that everyone but you see things as purely binary arguments, after wearing those exact same blinkers for years in post after tedious, predictable, repetitive post.

Then you are using Murdochs Sky News the behemoth of MSM to attack someone for having the integrity to stand up to their bullshit narrative. You do this all the time. Toe the establishment line and pretend that anyone who would stand up and fight for their beliefs is just a stooge as though you, hilariously the most soyboy of drama queen's, have the monopoly on reason and levity.

You would stamp your feet and demand a call to prayer without Suede or Morrisey singing it is an affront to your integrity as the palest and most wan of indie wannabe, mascara wearing homo acting straight boys. And yet some homophobic Muslim bigot deliberately targeting and killing actual gay people in a gay club is something a gay ACTUAL journalist should shut the fuck up over and let Murdochs monkeys pretend it is not homophobic at all.

This is the same argument that pisses me off on holocaust memorial day, virtual signalling faux empathy where everyone mistakes outrage with wanting to claim a share in victimhood, potential or otherwise.

It is the same place Farrage, Rees-Mogg, Etc operate from. They don't give a fuck about England or Britain. Brexit for them is the ticket to amassing huge wealth and though you know it, you refuse to call them out on it. Because I expect you too are the type of investor who would unflinchingly gamble and not bat an eyelid whilst profiteering from the destruction of the country in which you were born.
    You typed all that in response to Owen Jones having a paddy? Fair enough.

I am pro Brexit for the simple reason that a country can and should control its own laws and borders. It really is that simple. Either you believe in democracy or you do not. Bring on proportional representation too. Whether anyone gets richer or poorer is neither here nor there and completely unproven. As Europe's second biggest economy I do not think you need to go down the drama queen route of suggesting anyone is glorifying in the destruction of a country. Nice projection though and completely hysterical. You would have to look to the Soros types rather than me to see anyone dabbling in national destruction. He probably funds some of the groups you are into too. The irony!

The EU is full of poor countries with serious debt issues and high unemployment. They have no ability to regulate their own currency. It is best avoided and along with the unchecked borders something one should want to keep a little distance from. It is gradually falling apart and only force will hold it together and it is good for the people of Europe as they can get their own currencies back and actually control their own destinies again. Surely you want good things for people rather than to see fine cultures continually degraded.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On Channel 4 tonight for those who watch the telly box

Profits in Jacob Rees-Mogg's investment firm soaring while UK braces for Brexit

Somerset Capital Management LLP is enjoying surging fortunes in sharp contrast to businesses bracing for Brexit. Jacob Rees-Mogg - who co-owns the firm - insisted there was no link between the rising profits and Brexit
    Profits in Jacob Rees-Mogg’s investment empire are soaring and more than doubled in the last four years, a TV investigation will show tomorrow.
    A Channel 4 Dispatches programme will highlight the surging fortunes of Somerset Capital Management LLP, a firm co-founded and co-owned by the Tory hard Brexiteer.
    SCM’s publicly-available accounts show its operating profit rose from £14.7m in the year to March 2015, to £18.3m in 2016, £27.8m in 2017 and £34.1m in 2018.
    Meanwhile the profits available for distribution among members have risen from £11.5m in 2015 to £14.4m in 2016, £21.9m in 2017 and £25.3m in 2018.
    The apparent windfall for Mr Rees-Mogg, who holds a share of at least 15% in the firm, comes in sharp contrast to other businesses and workers who are bracing for the impact of Brexit.

Dispatches claimed one expert said the slumping pound since the referendum had helped SCM’s profits, because the firm invests in emerging markets.
    But Mr Rees-Mogg told the programme it was “cloud cuckoo land” to draw any link between the rising profits and Brexit.
    And he refused to confirm or deny a Channel 4 estimate that he has earned £7million personally from the firm since June 2016.
    He told the programme: "The amount that I received is not for public disclosure.
    "I’m entitled to the same privacy in my affairs as anyone else in parliament is."
    Mr Rees-Mogg publicly declared £185,777 in employment income from SCM, where he works 30 hours a month, in the 12 months to January 2019.
    However, MPs are not required to disclose other types of income such as dividend payments.

Reached for further comment by the Mirror today, Mr Rees-Mogg said: "I am proud of being a founder partner in a successful business that creates jobs and tax revenues.
    "The link between Brexit and Emerging Markets is spurious and only believed by Loch Ness monster spotters."
    Separately, Dispatches will also examine how hedge funds have built up huge bets against British businesses which will pay off if the economy hits the rocks.
    And the programme is due to examine the huge sums charged by MPs on the speaking circuit, including Boris Johnson who earned £94,508 for a speech in November after quitting the government over Brexit.
    Dispatches: The Brexit Millionaires airs at 8pm on Monday 11 March on Channel 4.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...t-14114954.amp
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Thread Information