Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Weaknesses in Beterbiev.

Let's play trainer. What weaknesses do you see in Beterbiev? I see that he has a habit of swinging punches. I think a good counter-puncher will give him some trouble.

He's also a bit flat-footed.

Thirdly, he doesn't always use his jab when he should. I have no idea why. He has the reach for it (73"), and he has a nice, stiff jab when he uses it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Weaknesses in Beterbiev.

one weakness is the way the americans pronounce his name

his name pronounce - Bh-Terr-Biev - is a cool name, sounds like a big car with a massive engine ready to roll over every cunt who gets in its way

the Americans pronounce it - beh-teh-Bee-Ev - bell ends
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he is an excellent fighter and has dismantled good opposition but not at the level Kovalev has so you could argue he has not fought world class fighters yet.

He is a puncher therefore will be flat footed and maybe lack of head movement.

I have seen no major weaknesses.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what Americans eric talks to, I live in America so talk to Americans daily and I've never heard one single American say Beh-teh-bee-ev. But that's whatever.

The guy has tons of holes, he covers for them with his offense as he should. He will want to smooth many rough edges before getting in the ring with the winner of Kovalev-Ward II but with his power he has a shot vs either.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As an offensive force I see few weaknesses. But being 32 with only 11 fights and a surgically repaired shoulder might be concerning. He's not fleet of foot and does do some straight line following with too many half jabs. In return he takes a few dumb punches from blind spots which has seen him dropped once that I know of. He should drop that worthless NABA-ABC whatever trinket also.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Not sure what Americans eric talks to, I live in America so talk to Americans daily and I've never heard one single American say Beh-teh-bee-ev. But that's whatever.

The guy has tons of holes, he covers for them with his offense as he should. He will want to smooth many rough edges before getting in the ring with the winner of Kovalev-Ward II but with his power he has a shot vs either.
    I just watched his last fight and listened to the commentators

really spoiled the spectacle with their daft pronunciations

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He tends to be a tad slow and linear as already stated. His strength seems to be in his ability to take a punch and then blast you out with strong punches. He seems to be fairly accurate against the aging slicksters and sitting duck type opponents. I believe a counter puncher with good head movement, angles and footwork could frustrate him. Good punch resistance being a given.
    As spicoli said he is guilty of getting caught in the fray, while in haste to land his punches. A fighter that can fight well going backwards can step back, slip, counter pivot out and pick away at this guy. A jab to the mid section can keep him from setting his feet.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    He tends to be a tad slow and linear as already stated. His strength seems to be in his ability to take a punch and then blast you out with strong punches. He seems to be fairly accurate against the aging slicksters and sitting duck type opponents. I believe a counter puncher with good head movement, angles and footwork could frustrate him. Good punch resistance being a given.
    As spicoli said he is guilty of getting caught in the fray, while in haste to land his punches. A fighter that can fight well going backwards can step back, slip, counter pivot out and pick away at this guy. A jab to the mid section can keep him from setting his feet.
    This implies he is made for Ward who would beat him?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

I just watched his last fight and listened to the commentators

really spoiled the spectacle with their daft pronunciations
    Ah, I've yet to watch a Beterbiev fight in English. I will say blame the announcers though, not Americans. Because every person I've discussed him says it either how it appears or rightly says the initial e how russians do as if it is 2 letters. To be fair there are a decent amount of Russians in Miami so most around this area know how Russians speak. I could be getting a slanted view of how most Americans would say his name.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a tall oderr for most at 175. My biggest gripe with him is he seems to pre-determine what he will do. There is not a flow to him because he does not react quickly. Oddly, he seems to be a decent counter puncher at times in spite of this. But again, it is pre-determined. You can see him wait and wait for the counter he has in mind.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This implies he is made for Ward who would beat him?
    Yes, or at least i think there's a high probability of a Barrera repeat-ish kind of performance. Wards can still get caught like he did against kovalev (opening the gate for the proverbial punchers chance) but i think wards entire life flashed in front of his eyes with the krusher knock down and i doubt Ward is anxious to repeat that. So he would be probably pick away at this kid and drag him into deep water before he opened up at all. Beterbiev doesn't really have the fan base to enter the ward sweepstakes as is right now.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a tall oderr for most at 175. My biggest gripe with him is he seems to pre-determine what he will do. There is not a flow to him because he does not react quickly. Oddly, he seems to be a decent counter puncher at times in spite of this. But again, it is pre-determined. You can see him wait and wait for the counter he has in mind.
    I'll agree. Yes i've noticed that too. He's not Ivan drago chasing someone around the ring with his right hand cocked but the seek and destroy stalk walk engage has probably only worked so far because he fought guys that haven't been able exploit his lack of on the fly decision making. He's not a very cerebral fighter and kinda raw. Plan A may not be the only plan but it takes him a while to adjust. I don't even think it has to be ward. A blown up shop worn Andre dirrell might give this guy (a more technically correct Abraham at this point rather than Lt Heavy cross between GGG and Provodnikov) fits. I haven't given up on him yet but I really he think he needs more than Ramsey (decent trainer) and Scully to get him to that next level.

A check hook is this guys kryptonite... he hopes that stiff hard jab takes the edge off.
    Last edited by J_Undisputed; 02-01-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beterbiev is exciting isn't he

I think out of world boxing I could be most interested in who he fights next than anyone else, the light heavies could be a very interesting division

Stevenson could do with getting involved tho

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think out of world boxing I could be most interested in who he fights next than anyone else, the light heavies could be a very interesting division

It's Mikey Garcia for me, I want to know his next move.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

It's Mikey Garcia for me, I want to know his next move.
    I agree, I was very interested in what Garcia is going to look like continuing his career. I wish I could say the same for Spence at this point, but for right now. I'm just not seeing him often enough with those measuring stick type opponents. As for Beterbiev, I think he have been a little more anxious to get in the mix at 175. Not saying Kovalev should dictate this guys career but everyone knows Kovalevs drying out on the vine while Beterbiev isn't really stepping up till recently. (Strangely enough i think the next fight will tell us more about Barrera than it will about Beterbiev)

Thread Information