Thread: Mikey Garcia vs. Jorge Linares.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikey Garcia vs. Jorge Linares.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Garcia stops Linares who’s had an easy ride beating overrated British fighters. He’s made nice money over here but his trip back to America won’t be so kind and he’s getting a reality check
    For some reason and of all fighting champs "easy ride" and Linares just doesn't roll off the tongue. Not every guy can have their 'overrated' British opponents imported to some Arena named after our mobile carriers in the States for them .

More I watch I can't see Garcia - Linares as a first or second choice, Garcia is all over the map as he's been in Cotto crappy catch weight talk all the way to 135. Have to appreciate a meteoric return after time out and the man has many options. I'd like to see him more centered and for promotion to stop playing the shuffling deck with 4,5 rotating door weight divisions. It's like a Waffle house menu for Garcia and they need to eat already! Just went full Teddy.
    Agreed. 135 offers great fights anyway. Linares, Loma has talked of a move to 135, Easter, if Davis stays out of prison and gets his head straight that possibility is there, Berchelt might move up. Lots of options and 147 is a bridge too far, and 140 will be rather hallow without Crawford. Nothing wrong with defending a title from time to time either.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Garcia stops Linares who’s had an easy ride beating overrated British fighters. He’s made nice money over here but his trip back to America won’t be so kind and he’s getting a reality check
    For some reason and of all fighting champs "easy ride" and Linares just doesn't roll off the tongue. Not every guy can have their 'overrated' British opponents imported to some Arena named after our mobile carriers in the States for them .

More I watch I can't see Garcia - Linares as a first or second choice, Garcia is all over the map as he's been in Cotto crappy catch weight talk all the way to 135. Have to appreciate a meteoric return after time out and the man has many options. I'd like to see him more centered and for promotion to stop playing the shuffling deck with 4,5 rotating door weight divisions. It's like a Waffle house menu for Garcia and they need to eat already! Just went full Teddy.
    Agreed. 135 offers great fights anyway. Linares, Loma has talked of a move to 135, Easter, if Davis stays out of prison and gets his head straight that possibility is there, Berchelt might move up. Lots of options and 147 is a bridge too far, and 140 will be rather hallow without Crawford. Nothing wrong with defending a title from time to time either.
    I like Easter mixing with any of them. Also add Corrales based on not making weight depending on how tonight goes for him. Also at 135 I'd like to see Beltran get a shot. He and Davis might make for a shoot out. Agree 140 looks a ghost town after Crawford makes the jump, a jump long overdue. Big hopes for entertaining Orozco there but even he..yet another young gun granted the HBO stage, then losing it, blew weight and looks to be going to 147.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Word is Flanagan vs Linares is near made.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great! Another good win and pay day for Linares. He should just set up camp here.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Great! Another good win and pay day for Linares. He should just set up camp here.
    Not going to happen, Linares is single handedly taking on Matchroom

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Not going to happen, Linares is single handedly taking on Matchroom
    I am sure Linares does not discriminate and would be willing to beat Warren's fighters. Easier money than fight Garcia.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares v Flanagen is a really good fight. Flanagen is a lot better than Crolla and Campbell

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Linares v Flanagen is a really good fight. Flanagen is a lot better than Crolla and Campbell
    I don't I think he is worse and has been protected.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solid unification fight and as long as winner keeps them..step to unified fighter is a plus..the styles should make for action. Still want Beltran to get a shot already!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beltran is within reach again now, and is as deserving as anyone. I'd have Flanagan and Campbell on par with each other. A Linares/ Flanagan unification is a good fight since the Garcia bout fell though.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Beltran is within reach again now, and is as deserving as anyone. I'd have Flanagan and Campbell on par with each other. A Linares/ Flanagan unification is a good fight since the Garcia bout fell though.
    When you say fell through, it probably means Linares does not want it. Truthfully I can not blame him as it will send him into retirement. Whilst this way he makes money and still keeps the possibility alive.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you say fell through, it probably means Linares does not want it. Truthfully I can not blame him as it will send him into retirement. Whilst this way he makes money and still keeps the possibility alive.
    I don't think Linares is the type of fighter to avoid anyone. Golden Boy trying to lock fighters into multi fight contracts was the issue.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Linares is the type of fighter to avoid anyone. Golden Boy trying to lock fighters into multi fight contracts was the issue.
    And shopping Garcia for Cotto which on it's own blows my mind. It's like GB has lost grasp on reality as to which way those two fighters are going. Would respect Linares-Flanagan if it shapes up and like to see it Stateside.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And shopping Garcia for Cotto which on it's own blows my mind. It's like GB has lost grasp on reality as to which way those two fighters are going. Would respect Linares-Flanagan if it shapes up and like to see it Stateside.
    I think it would be over here.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea I'm not sure Flanagan would be willing to travel and Linares has built a nice following in the UK.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information