Thread: Mikey Garcia vs. Jorge Linares.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikey Garcia vs. Jorge Linares.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So Mikey gets the 1 fight only deal and an even split and still turns the fight down this morning . Says he has another offer, oh do tell us champ?
    Haymon must be paying him a huge sum to face Easter. I'd still be happy with that fight and it leaves the door open for Linares after that. Mikey becoming a bit of a diva tho. Sad cause he's one of my favorites.
    So Easter for sure then and straight unification? All for champs fighting champs and Easter easier made 'in house' and can fight a bit. Just would love long time top flight guy like Linares to get the opportunity and agree, his heads getting a little big for me.
    Feel for Linares, with Flanagan moving up there's no unification for him at this stage. Do you think they could put together a Campbell rematch while waiting on Garcia?
    If I'm honest it just feels like a step sideways going into immediate rematch. Campbell did himself proud, good fight but like to see him continue growing then come back. Then again with familiarity and Campbell fan base that very well can come off. I just really wonder if GBP would make same concessions after being burned a bit as well as Garcia people sitting down again. Also is Garcia really dedicated to staying 135 for 2,3 fights? I see Beltran has a date set for Flanagans vacant trinket. He and Linares would be fun.
    Yea I was just thinking that there's not a lot out there for Linares next. Beltran will be fighting for a vacant title so won't be ready until mid year. I think Linares makes good money in the UK and has built a nice following and run over there. The Campbell fight could make the most sense.
    Yeh it's there to be done again, just rough that a fighter of his caliber apparently has so few options. I think he could go out and spark Campbell midway and still he'd get flack for it and he was more than willing to climb in with a newly anointed Garcia and assumed greatness.
    Linares is left out in the cold by no fault of his own. If Mikey is unifying for more money then I can't really blame him and the Linares fight still has potential.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t fault Garcia if he is getting a bigger share against Easter because it’s still a solid match. Also, he will still get the Linares fight next. I will wait and see though before I pass judgement.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBC orders Jorge Linares to face Mikey Garcia and Badou Jack to fight Adonis Stevenson

WBC world lightweight champion Mikey Garcia has been ordered to face Jorge Linares in a potential unification bout after both men compete in early 2018.

Garcia, 30, holds the WBC title at lightweight but is challenging for the IBF world title at light-welterweight against Sergey Lipinets on 10 February.

WBA lightweight champion Linares fights on 27 January against Mercito Gesta.

"Both champions will fight each other immediately after their bouts," said WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman.

The sanctioning body's move means American Garcia - unbeaten in 37 fights - would have to decide whether to return to lightweight should he claim Lipinets' IBF strap at 140 lbs.

Linares, 32, claimed a second win over Anthony Crolla in 2017 and also beat Great Britain's Luke Campbell later in the year.

On Wednesday Sulaiman published decisions taken at the WBC's convention in Baku, Azerbaijan, including outlining the mandated title fights for each division.

WBC light-heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson, 40, has been ordered to face Sweden's Badou Jack.

Stevenson has held his title since 2013 but Jack looks set to be his next challenger having given up his WBA title in the division after taking it from Wales' Nathan Cleverly on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's win over Conor McGregor in August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42563697
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information