Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  191
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Brook v Spence result

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Eddie Hearn says Kell Brook is most likely to defend IBF title against Errol Spence Jr and has admitted doubts about whether Amir Khan wants a British battle this year.
    Hope this happens, two decent punchers so should be a great fight... Spence looks good so we'll find out if he's the real deal at elite level.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/2/1/14469594/kell-brook-likely-to-defend-ibf-title-against-errol-spence

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/2/1/...t-errol-spence
    Last edited by Master; 02-02-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Eddie wants Brook to go to 154 but he doesn't want to dump his belt. Eddie hasn't heard from the Spence team since making them an offer. Eddie said Haymon/Spence must be ready to pay fortunes as Brook gets 75% of the purse bid.

Seems a big risk to go back to 147 after the Golovkin weight, if Brook does then fair play, especially for Spence.

Bet they vacate.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be surprised if this fight happens spence will fuck brook up easy people getting carried away by brooks last performance i think

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence has that Julian Jackson kind of power , would really show Brook has some guts to take on Spence after fighting at MW in his last fight.
    I think as someone else said he will vacate.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love Brook to take on Spence and beat him. That would shows brass balls and Khan would crap himself.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't give up my belt if i was Brook, i don't think he can hold his own with the elite in the Middleweight division.
    I think an on for Saunders boxes his head off, Jacobs beats the shit out of him too and even Eubank Jnr would beat him.
    I reckon he knows it too which is why i think he'll fight Spence and defend his title - time will tell
    I think Spence v Brook is a seriously brutal fight so hope it happens.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I wouldn't give up my belt if i was Brook, i don't think he can hold his own with the elite in the Middleweight division.
    I think an on for Saunders boxes his head off, Jacobs beats the shit out of him too and even Eubank Jnr would beat him.
    I reckon he knows it too which is why i think he'll fight Spence and defend his title - time will tell
    Brook can hold his own at light middle though and I think that is where he will go.
    Last edited by smashup; 02-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doubt it happens but it would be awesome if it did. It's just the fight that Spence needs to propel him to the top.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Brook can hold his own at light middle though and I think that is where he will go.

Maybe..... but the money fights are either side of 154 unfortunately for him

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'm not counting my chickens yet, but I hope if Brook stays at 147, he fights Spence. Now we all know it's a tough fight against a very good young fighter, but if Brook stays at the weight, he must be confident, also he'll be the home fighter, and let us not forget , he is the champion.
    This is what Boxing should be about, a decent Champion against a great challenger. I know it's been a long time coming, but let's hope so.
    IF they fight, and IF Brook wins, I hope he's given the credit he deserves (especially Stateside). We're not just talking about any old challenger here, we're talking about one of America's brightest young talents.
    No point in making a prediction yet till it's official. What I will say though is if Brook beats Spence, I hope he then tells Khan to go fuck himself for once and for all.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 02-02-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook looked solid at middleweight, can't imagine him melting enough weight off to see 147 again. If he is able to make welter, can't see him being effective (like Roy when he fought at 175 again, or Oscar at 147 vs Pac, or Chris Byrd back down at 175...etc.). Spence is the wrong guy to come in less than 100% for, he's just so damn fast and can PUNCH!!!

Props to Kell for even entertaining the fight, though. Brass balls for sure. I would like to see Kell vs. Charlo bros and Canelo at 154. Think those are his best options and he will fight best at that weight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Other than being his mandatory have no idea how close it may be. Really hope Brook doesn't vacate as it's a helluva match up for the sport. And secondly it means Spence would possibly fight Berto and as a result be charged with attempted homicide . Brook would do well to take a step back fight at 147 if that's his route because a Golovkin beat down tends to live on a guy for a while. You do not erase that in the span of a fight. Spence has yet to face a top tier talent but in all honestly I'm beginning to attribute that to him and the sheer tenacious skills he's exhibited more than not looking for them. The way he varies the steam on combinations is simply awesome.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Other than being his mandatory have no idea how close it may be. Really hope Brook doesn't vacate as it's a helluva match up for the sport. And secondly it means Spence would possibly fight Berto and as a result be charged with attempted homicide . Brook would do well to take a step back fight at 147 if that's his route because a Golovkin beat down tends to live on a guy for a while. You do not erase that in the span of a fight. Spence has yet to face a top tier talent but in all honestly I'm beginning to attribute that to him and the sheer tenacious skills he's exhibited more than not looking for them. The way he varies the steam on combinations is simply awesome.
    Great point on varying the power in combinations. Haven't seen anyone other than Roy Jones do that as effectively. Maybe Loma, but not many are able to, it's a special gift.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Hearn says Kell Brook is most likely to defend IBF title against Errol Spence Jr and has admitted doubts about whether Amir Khan wants a British battle this year.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kevin View Post
    Yes we know this, tell us something new.

This is more of a case where the promoter is trying to take the easy route and vacate to safe his asset than boxer trying to avoid the fight.

Thread Information