Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: David Price..be Positive.

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: David Price..be Positive.

I think the best thing that Price could do is put in the road work, fight a few domestic scraps, get back to winning, hell try to find some tomato can who can last rounds with you and beat him up. THEN get a fight with Chisora. That fight is still a possibility and it'll remain so for a while...get that fight, win, and then go after the ranked heavyweights.

Also if I'm a heavyweight looking for a good chance to jump up the rankings I'm looking at Price, he's going to have offers, his team has to get him better prepared there's no excuse for him to fade in a fight like that. He can bounce back, I want him to bounce back, but it's not going to happen if he doesn't shake things up a bit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Price is a sad sack, a sorry excuse for a HW prizefighter!

Once he quit against Thompson we should have known he was done. Audley Harrison sucked but at least he had balls.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post

Once he quit against Thompson we should have known he was done. Audley Harrison sucked but at least he had balls.
    Let's make one thing clear..audley Harrison has not got more balls than Price.

That is just not possible.

jon09 Guest

He needs to get a new trainer and fight at least 10 light hitting heavies and blown up cruiserweight confidence builders. I think Ann Wolfe would get the best out of Price in my opinion.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post

Let's make one thing clear..audley Harrison has not got more balls than Price.

That is just not possible.
    I can't remember Fraudley ever quitting... I thought he always went out on his shield?

This man Price is done. He can get a new trainer, he can't get a new heart! He just doesn't have the goods.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really know why people are talking about this. WHat he needs to do is invest whatever money he's made so far(which is a lot more than many guys far better than him) and find something else to do with his life. Reading some of these posts you'd think the guy actually had great natural instincts and vast potential or something. He's huge and had a punch, I don't see where else his success would have come from even as an amateur, I mean he really doesn't do anything all that well. The guys he has lost to are simply guys you don't get stopped by if you have any promise, no reason to carry on at all.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don't really know why people are talking about this. WHat he needs to do is invest whatever money he's made so far(which is a lot more than many guys far better than him) and find something else to do with his life. Reading some of these posts you'd think the guy actually had great natural instincts and vast potential or something. He's huge and had a punch, I don't see where else his success would have come from even as an amateur, I mean he really doesn't do anything all that well. The guys he has lost to are simply guys you don't get stopped by if you have any promise, no reason to carry on at all.
    yes all that's waiting for Price down this road is more beatings, more head trauma. Time to get out

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Surprised with Joshua on monumental streak and mega fight on deck that Price even gets the mentions after 4 stoppage losses . Sometimes it just doesn't go your way and all 6'8 means is that there's just more of you to punch.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    He might have been better off if Thompson and Teper had been clean. Them being filthy drug cheats kinda wiped the slate clean for him and possibly removed the need for him to have a good look in the mirror and face up to his shortcomings.

Price was bordering on cocky about it. They cheated, doesnt count, didnt happen. I killed Joshua in sparring.
    Thompson was taking a diuretic, which I understand is cheating but i'm not sure the advantage it would give him, the result should have been overturned, i'm not sure it would have been any different

Teper was taking peds, im sure I heard steve bunce say it was one of the worst failures, which I took to mean he had a lot more PEDs in his system than the vast majority who fail drugs tests, a clear drugs cheat, I would argue that that result could well have been very different
    Teper was taking everything he could get his hands on, anything he couldnt take himself he was selling. He at least was committed to his cheating.

Thompson was taking a known masking agent. He says it was for a heart condition but refused/couldnt be bothered to provide any proof.

Its immaterial to be honest. Whether they had a physical edge because of it or not, Price's demeanor for me was one of absolution. He hadnt done anything wrong, it was them cunt cheats. Whilst he's not wrong, there were clearly issues that needed addressing on his part and I think them failing tests and him in a way being given a free pass (getting his ranking back) might have just masked over the situation a bit.
    its not really immaterial

teper, drugged up to the eyeballs beat price

and a number of other fighters

would he have even been in a position to fight price? I doubt it, and I don't think you can say he would have won anyway
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He might have been better off if Thompson and Teper had been clean. Them being filthy drug cheats kinda wiped the slate clean for him and possibly removed the need for him to have a good look in the mirror and face up to his shortcomings.

Price was bordering on cocky about it. They cheated, doesnt count, didnt happen. I killed Joshua in sparring.
    Thompson was taking a diuretic, which I understand is cheating but i'm not sure the advantage it would give him, the result should have been overturned, i'm not sure it would have been any different

Teper was taking peds, im sure I heard steve bunce say it was one of the worst failures, which I took to mean he had a lot more PEDs in his system than the vast majority who fail drugs tests, a clear drugs cheat, I would argue that that result could well have been very different
    Teper was taking everything he could get his hands on, anything he couldnt take himself he was selling. He at least was committed to his cheating.

Thompson was taking a known masking agent. He says it was for a heart condition but refused/couldnt be bothered to provide any proof.

Its immaterial to be honest. Whether they had a physical edge because of it or not, Price's demeanor for me was one of absolution. He hadnt done anything wrong, it was them cunt cheats. Whilst he's not wrong, there were clearly issues that needed addressing on his part and I think them failing tests and him in a way being given a free pass (getting his ranking back) might have just masked over the situation a bit.
    its not really immaterial

teper, drugged up to the eyeballs beat price

and a number of other fighters

would he have even been in a position to fight price? I doubt it, and I don't think you can say he would have won anyway
    It's immaterial in the sense that whether Teper was a Drugs cheat or not, it doesn't help Price much. it doesn't matter whether he would've beat or lost to Teper.
    if we're saying it's affected him mentally , then perhaps he hasn't got the mental strength to succeed at the highest level.
    basically, it's not about anyone else, it's about him.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah its all ifs and buts and what ever has happened would have probably happened at some point anyway

but trying to defend the big man

had Thompson not have been on peds the first time the could he have landed that punch? would he have got up the second time?

had Teper not been a serious drug cheat, would that fight have even ever have happened?

and I know blaming the trainer is a bit lame, but I though coldwells advice was shocking at times on Saturday, and I was thinking this well before the 6th and 7th when it was clear he was gonna lose, was it a bad choice of trainer?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah its all ifs and buts and what ever has happened would have probably happened at some point anyway

but trying to defend the big man

had Thompson not have been on peds the first time the could he have landed that punch? would he have got up the second time?

had Teper not been a serious drug cheat, would that fight have even ever have happened?

and I know blaming the trainer is a bit lame, but I though coldwells advice was shocking at times on Saturday, and I was thinking this well before the 6th and 7th when it was clear he was gonna lose, was it a bad choice of trainer?
    I don't dislike Price as a bloke, but forget about the "ifs" and "buts". All we've learnt in the last couple of years is that it was gonna happen at some stage anyway regardless of peds and bullshit.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Price should be positive , lets face it most of the guys who have beaten him have be positive , but that is usually for drugs.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David price gassed out again! He's too nervous, there's no way you can get that tired if you are actually fullll training for a 12 rounds fight. He look good in spots. But why on earth with a man that size isn't he using his jab? He could beat most people if he just had some spark and purpose to his jab. He floats it out there but he needs to use it as his main purpose for a guy that big.

I don't know if he will retire or not now, but if he carries on he needs to improve that jab and improve his stamina. It's not good to see him being stiff on the ropes with nothing left in him.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    David price gassed out again! He's too nervous, there's no way you can get that tired if you are actually fullll training for a 12 rounds fight. He look good in spots. But why on earth with a man that size isn't he using his jab? He could beat most people if he just had some spark and purpose to his jab. He floats it out there but he needs to use it as his main purpose for a guy that big.

I don't know if he will retire or not now, but if he carries on he needs to improve that jab and improve his stamina. It's not good to see him being stiff on the ropes with nothing left in him.
    It was alarming how quickly he became tired and just lay on the ropes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information