Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Rounds - Non Stop .... Who's the hardest most Brutal Mo-Fo in History

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default No Rounds - Non Stop .... Who's the hardest most Brutal Mo-Fo in History

Forget Jabbing..... Think more "Windmilling In"

No Rounds.... Just a Tear Up/War/Straightener "On The Cobbles" style till one mans beaten senseless.

For me personally that means 2 guys throwing pure knuckle from the off.... P4P i think the likes of Marciano, Tyson etc would do well... the type of guys (at their best) who could walk through it and go "Bang, Bang, Bang"

For me Julian Jackson probably had the most brutal 2 handed punch power I've ever seen........ he wasn't just knocking these guys down.... he was switching them off.

95% of these guys weren't just Knocked Down.... 95% of these guys weren't able to even get up again

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Rounds - Non Stop .... Who's the hardest most Brutal Mo-Fo in History

Julian Jackson was skilled and had precise punching power that was brutal.

Nigel Benn was more non-stop wild puncher.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: No Rounds - Non Stop .... Who's the hardest most Brutal Mo-Fo in History

Well if it's a fight until you drop i'd go for a proper granite hard cunt with terminator DNA.

So i'd have - In-Jin Chi

((regarding Julian Jackson - has anyone ever rendered more bods unconscious on their feet? Never be a sicker puncher in my mind))
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Well if it's a fight until you drop i'd go for a proper granite hard cunt with terminator DNA.

So i'd have - In-Jin Chi

((regarding Julian Jackson - has anyone ever rendered more bods unconscious on their feet? Never be a sicker puncher in my mind))
    Weird thing about Jackson was he was very short sighted and yet hit so accurately.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of all the middleweight fights that could've been made in the late 80s/early 90s, Jackson vs Toney is the one I regret not seeing most. I think their styles would've meshed well together and provided great action for as long as it lasted. This is one of those rare match ups in which one fighter (Toney) has the style/tools to beat the other (Jackson) everytime, but not without serious resistance and maximum carnage. My all time 154 pound match up would be Jackson vs Tito with the winner to face Tommy Hearns. Sorry for hijacking the thread and going off topic, will back out now!!!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Of all the middleweight fights that could've been made in the late 80s/early 90s, Jackson vs Toney is the one I regret not seeing most. I think their styles would've meshed well together and provided great action for as long as it lasted. This is one of those rare match ups in which one fighter (Toney) has the style/tools to beat the other (Jackson) everytime, but not without serious resistance and maximum carnage. My all time 154 pound match up would be Jackson vs Tito with the winner to face Tommy Hearns. Sorry for hijacking the thread and going off topic, will back out now!!!
    I wanted to see Jackson v Benn but we got G Man to face both which were epic fights.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sven Ottke

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano has to be up there. Most of his 43 KO's were one punch knockouts and his punches broke bones and sent Carmine Vingo into a coma. He had the highest KO% (89%) of any heavyweight champion in history.

Joe Louis broke Max Schmeling's back (2 vertebrae ) with body punches.

Jack Dempsey broke Jess Willard's jaw, ribs, cheekbone in round 1 of their title fight

Stanley Ketchel - He could still knock guys out with one punch after 20 rounds

Archie Moore - most knockouts of any boxer - 145 KO's

If you break it down guys who are considered brutal punchers do 3 things that separate themselves and it sounds simple but most don't do it.

1) Set their feet and commit to the punch (Khan-Matthyse being example of guys who do/dont)
    2) Turn their shoulders through the punch (Mayweather - does not for example - shoots the right hand and pulls it right back)
    3) Turn their hips through the punch. (the more you turn your hips, the more you square yourself and leave yourself open for counters)

Real punching power is generated from the ground up, such that force from the ankles transfers to the knees; force from the knees transfers to the thighs; force from the thighs transfers to the core; from the core to the chest; from the chest to the shoulders; from the shoulders to the forearms and finally the compounded force transfers through the fist into an opponent. So the most powerful punchers are able to connect their whole body and channel the force from each portion of the body into a punch. The core is perhaps the most important element in a powerful punch, since it connects the powerhouse of the legs to the delivery system of the arms.

It’s also genetics. There are people born with natural god talent to hit hard and others not so.

Do you think that Pernell Whitaker or Paulie Maliniaggi didn't want to hit hard? LOL

I think the mental aspect of it plays a part too. Some guys don't go for broke with a lot of their punches because they want get back into a defensive position after landing and others will look to really load up and give it all they have.

For example if Amir Khan punched one of them machines and then let's say Lucas Matthyse.

I feel the PSI would be similar, but when it comes to punching a person, Matthyse's will be more effective. Because Matthyse is more heavy handed because it's not just about hitting a target, it's also about going through the target. I don’t know how many of you have sparred but from personal experience. There are some dudes who feel like their fists weigh a ton.

Also a punch must land when the arm is NOT fully extended. It needs be at a 45d angle for maximum power. This picture of Marciano landing the famous right hand on Jersey Joe is a perfect example

Some guys punch through people and their balance is on par. Where your legs are positioned is important for that. Someone like Tyson would get close and literally punch as if you were twice as wide.

Miguel Cotto was always talked about as a big puncher but he has no one punch knockouts or even knockdowns bar an over hand right against Bailey and the jab knockdowns against Clottey and Gomes because fighters like Cotto generally don't go for the "home run" punch

Ali was another one. He good power but rarely loaded up on his punches. To maximize power both his feet should be firmly planted on the ground which in Ali's case, would have been detrimental for it would limit his movement.

Where-as Danny Garcia is the opposite. He is a good example of a fighter whose feet are glued to the canvas. A fighter who really loads up and swings with everything he's got behind his punches.

He's not a murderous puncher but Garcia knows that one of those shots can hurt his opponents if he catches them. Watch him bend at the knees and generate power from bottom to top.

He's looking for full leverage behind his punches. You can see him put his head down whilst he throws that left hook that KO'd Morales

Margarito never pivoted his full body weight and throw his back into a left hook like Danny Garcia. He just threw short shots that would have a better chance to land and wear you down.

Canelo is a good example of a strong puncher who gets a lot of leverage (though I'm not sure he's particularly "heavy" handed). GGG on the other hand is a heavy handed fighter who also has great leverage.

Heavyhanded guys are those guys who have wide wrists and heavy bones. An example is Kelly Pavlik who was a slow puncher but hit as hard as hell. Also Randall Bailey has some heavy hands. Some guys have to load up like Tyson just to get power.

Tyson was heavy handed but his killer instinct helps a lot. Just watch his early fights were he's leaping into his opponents like a killer lunging at a victim with a knife. His punches are going so deep, like he's going for the heart.

Tyson was fast too but a heavy handed fighter can hurt you with slow arm punches. Look at Foreman. He never looked like he was putting his whole body into his shots yet he was hitting like a godamm sledgehammer. I didn’t think the punch that Ko-Ed Moorer looked anything special but it was because of his heavy handedness that got him the KO and you saw the result on Moorer’s face.
    Last edited by denilson200; 02-13-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Marciano has to be up there. Most of his 43 KO's were one punch knockouts and his punches broke bones and sent Carmine Vingo into a coma. He had the highest KO% (89%) of any heavyweight champion in history.Joe Louis broke Max Schmeling's back (2 vertebrae ) with body punches.Jack Dempsey broke Jess Willard's jaw, ribs, cheekbone in round 1 of their title fightStanley Ketchel - He could still knock guys out with one punch after 20 roundsArchie Moore - most knockouts of any boxer - 145 KO'sIf you break it down guys who are considered punchers like do 3 things that separate themselves and it sounds simple but most don't do it.1) Set their feet and commit to the punch (Khan-Matthyse being example of guys who do/dont)2) Turn their shoulders through the punch (Mayweather - does not for example - shoots the right hand and pulls it right back)3) Turn their hips through the punch. (the more you turn your hips the more you square yourself and leave yourself open for counters)Real punching power is generated from the ground up, such that force from the ankles transfers to the knees; force from the knees transfers to the thighs; force from the thighs transfers to the core; from the core to the chest; from the chest to the shoulders; from the shoulders to the forearms and finally the compounded force transfers through the fist into an opponent. So the most powerful punchers are able to connect their whole body and channel the force from each portion of the body into a punch. The core is perhaps the most important element in a powerful punch, since it connects the powerhouse of the legs to the delivery system of the arms.It’s also genetics. There are people born with natural god talent to hit hard and other not so.Do you think that Pernell Whitaker or Paulie Maliniaggi didn't want to hit hard? LOLI think the mental aspect of it plays a part too. Some guys don't go for broke with a lot of their punches because they want get back into a defensive position after landing and others will look to really load up and give it all they have.For example if Amir Khan punched one of them machines and then let's say Lucas Matthyse. I feel the PSI would be similar, but when it comes to punching a person, Matthyse's will be more effective. Because Matthyse is more heavy handed. It's not just about hitting a target, but going through the target. I don’t know how many of you have sparred but from personal experience. There are some dudes who feel like their fists just weighs a ton. A punch must land when the arm is NOT fully extended. It needs be at a 45d angle for maximum power. This picture of Marciano landing the famous right hand on Jersey Joe is a perfect example Some guys punch through people and their balance is on par. Where your legs are positioned is important for that. Someone like Tyson would get close and literally punch as if you were twice as wide. Miguel Cotto was always talked about as a big puncher but has no one punch knockouts or even knockdowns bar an over hand right against Bailey and the Jab knockdowns against Clottey and Gomes I think. Fighters like Cotto just never throw everything in to one punchAli was another one. He good power but rarely loaded his punches. To maximize power both feet should be firmly planted on the ground which in Ali's case, would have been detrimental for it would limit his movement.Where-as Danny Garcia is the opposite. He is a good example of fighter whose feet are glued to the canvas a fighter who really loads up and swings with everything he's got behind his punches.He's not a murderous puncher but Garcia knows that one of those shots can hurt his opponents if he catches them. Watch him bend at the knees and generate power from bottom to top.He's looking for full leverage behind his punches. You can see him put his head down whilst he throws that left hook that KO'd MoralesMargarito never pivoted his full body weight and throw his back into a left hook like Danny Garcia. He just threw short shots that would have a better chance to land and wear you down.Canelo is a good example of a strong puncher who gets a lot of leverage (though I'm not sure he's particularly "heavy" handed). GGG on the other hand is a heavy handed fighter who also has great leverage.Heavyhanded guys are those guys who have wide wrists and heavy bones. An example is Kelly Pavlik who was slow puncher but hit as hard as hell. Also Randall Bailey has some heavy hands. Some guys have to load up like Tyson just to get power.Tyson was heavy handed but his killer instinct helps a lot. Just watch his early fights were he's leaping into his opponents like a killer lunging at a victim with a knife. His punches are going so deep, like he's going for the heart. Tyson was fast too but a heavy handed fighter can hurt you with slow arm punches. Look at Foreman. He never looked like he was putting his whole body into his shots yet he was hitting like a godamm sledgehammer. I didn’t think the punch that Ko-Ed Moorer looked anything special but it was because of his heavy handedness that got him the KO and you saw the result on Moorer’s face.
    This is a top-notch post.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    It's very unlikely that Jackson would have won against Toney. Toney had an Oliver McCall type chin

Toney has had close to 90 pro fights and never been stopped or ko-ed. Plus Mike McCallum stopped Jackson in two rounds. Toney beat McCallum twice on points decisively. I'm not saying that means Toney would have won.

But when Jackson came up against the elite boxers, he fell short. All Jackson losses were by KO or stoppage and if he fought Toney it's almost certain he would be stopped. As Toney was an outstandng fighter in my book.

If anything, Jackson was a bit like Naz Hamed in that his power covered up a lot of his flaws.
    Last edited by denilson200; 02-13-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just came here to randomly watch Quartey punch a few people. Would've loved him at 147 today

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do thin Golovkin is a heavy handed power puncher.

Did not know Rocky put someone in a coma.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Study your history guys!

I'm not suggesting that modern fighters are in some way inferior to the old timers, or are pussies or anything ..... but boxing was undoubtedly a rougher tougher game in olden times. Those guys were fighting every week, often without gloves, with no governing bodies, precious few rules, no medical presence in unregulated fights where refs simply did not stop fights.

If you want to know who would be best at a no rounds non stop fight, then look at the people who were champions at actually doing it!

Stanley Ketchell, the Michigan Assassin, was a hard brutal man who - as a middleweight - fought everyone and usually crushed them. You don't get harder that Harry Greb the Human Windmill. John L. Sullivan was a force of nature. Jack Dempsey lived rough and would drift from mining town to mining town and fight the toughest guy in each bar .... at age 16!

Tom Cribb fought death defying bare knuckle epics which lasted for hours, Jem Mace was one of the toughest guys to ever step into a ring (or a circle, as it was then).

Jack Johnson, Sam Langford and Joe Jeannette were veterans of the infamous Battle Royales, where up to 30 young black men would all fight to the finish until one was left. Horrific, and a by product of Americas fraught relationship with race ..... but this probably best answers the question. No rules, no rounds, non stop.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Edwin Valero

Brutal style 100% KO
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Jeanette v Sam McVea - 1909 Paris

This is recorded as one of the most brutal fights ever, 3 hours, 49 rounds and the corners were even making them both inhale from Oxygen filled balloons to re energize them both

By virtue of oxygen pumped into them by their seconds, Jeannette and MacVey reeled and staggered through forty-eight rounds of a brutal and plucky fight here tonight. At the opening of the forty-ninth round MacVey, his face utterly dehumanized save for an expression of helpless agony that distorted what remained of his features, signified that he was unable to continue, whereupon the referee declared Jeannette the winner.

Joe Jeannette vs. Sam McVea - BoxRec

Thread Information