91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lomachenko: I'm ready to fight Mikey Garcia at 135 lbs

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Lomachenko: I'm ready to fight Mikey Garcia at 135 lbs

At 28 years old Loma needs to just get as many big time fights as he can get, he's a hell of a boxer and he should be on the grandest of stages for the rest of his career.

A couple title fights at 135, maybe a title shot at 140, and call it a career? Perhaps a legacy fight or two.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see him in against Garcia. Maybe another fight or 2 at 130 (Corrales & the winner of Miura/ Berchelt) while Garcia gets another fight or so at lightweight (Linares, Easter or the Flanagan/ Petrov winner) that would sett up an amazing clash between the two.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's hope they get it on. 2 great fighters, one great fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Garcia talking about moving up to 140 soon? If not then this would be a great fight.

Garcia can get another 2 fights in against good opponents. If Linares wins his upcoming fight, that's a big but easier fight for him to win. Then barthelemy could be another solid fight. Maybe Flanagan.

Loma should take a rematch with salido to get his revenge and then beat one of the other top fighters at 130 (whoever that is at the time because everyone kind of beats everyone).

In about a year or so from now, this will probably be the best fight to be made in boxing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma is so awesome he needs to go to lightweight asap, he looks unbeatable at 130 plus there are no other "stars." At 135 obviously Garcia is a superduperwuper fight but the other belt holders are worthy challengers in their own right.

Interesting that even though his style is that of a super-skilled boxer his favourite fighters to watch are punch-up merchants.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Wasn't Garcia talking about moving up to 140 soon? If not then this would be a great fight.

Garcia can get another 2 fights in against good opponents. If Linares wins his upcoming fight, that's a big but easier fight for him to win. Then barthelemy could be another solid fight. Maybe Flanagan.

Loma should take a rematch with salido to get his revenge and then beat one of the other top fighters at 130 (whoever that is at the time because everyone kind of beats everyone).

In about a year or so from now, this will probably be the best fight to be made in boxing.
    I think it's the best fight now. It's the fight I most want to see anyway.

It'll make more money and probably favour Garcia if it happens in a couple of years at 140 when they've both had a chance to become bigger names.

If Garcia had been fighting these last couple of years he'd be one of the top two or three draws in boxing and this fight would be PPV. Right now it's not worth a lot compared to the quality of the fight. As much as I want to see it now I think the Garcia camp will wait to do it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's how out of touch with boxing I am these days. Knew nothing about this guy till I checked the Ring ratings late last year and wondered how the hell a guy who'd had 7 fights was on the p4p list.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Garcia talking about moving up to 140 soon? If not then this would be a great fight. Garcia can get another 2 fights in against good opponents. If Linares wins his upcoming fight, that's a big but easier fight for him to win. Then barthelemy could be another solid fight. Maybe Flanagan. Loma should take a rematch with salido to get his revenge and then beat one of the other top fighters at 130 (whoever that is at the time because everyone kind of beats everyone). In about a year or so from now, this will probably be the best fight to be made in boxing.
    I'm hoping the business with Salido isn't done. There's nothing that brings out the best of a great fighter, like a revenge fight. Salido might just be holding out for money but he turned down the rematch; Corrales was offered the fight second but he rejected the offer, that's how the fight went to Sosa. This could just be a case of uncle bob trying to lowball people and them telling him to go f*ck himself... But it doesnt seem like anyone's too anxious to get in with Loma without a set for life kinda pay day. Garcia's skill plus weight advantage gives me hope he'd take the fight anywhere anyplace anytime, but the fact that he's promoted by mayweather scares me...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

It'll make more money and probably favour Garcia if it happens in a couple of years at 140 when they've both had a chance to become bigger names.

If Garcia had been fighting these last couple of years he'd be one of the top two or three draws in boxing and this fight would be PPV. Right now it's not worth a lot compared to the quality of the fight. As much as I want to see it now I think the Garcia camp will wait to do it.
    I'm usually the person who says to not let fights marinate, but Garcia has had a long layoff and I want to be sure that he is back and that last fight wasn't a fluke.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxnation are showing this after the Liam Smith fight

Lomachenko v Sosa adds to massive night on BoxNation - April 8 | World Boxing News

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

I'm usually the person who says to not let fights marinate, but Garcia has had a long layoff and I want to be sure that he is back and that last fight wasn't a fluke.
    Plus there are good fights for both in their current divisions that will build this into a mega fight.

Thread Information