Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Lemon CAN'T STAND BEING CALLED "FAKE NEWS" -- walks off set! CLASSIC!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Don Lemon CAN'T STAND BEING CALLED "FAKE NEWS" -- walks off set! CLASSIC!!!

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Don Lemon CAN'T STAND BEING CALLED "FAKE NEWS" -- walks off set! CLASSIC!!!

"No one I know has put out something to intentionally deceive someone" - Don Lemon

Don, do you know the Associated Press? Do you know CBS?

AP: Trump admin considers using 100,000 National Guard troops for immigration raids - CBS News

The shallowness of the mainstream media is ASTOUNDING! From Candyass Don Lemon whining about being called "fake news" to a New York Times editorial by "conservative" Charlie Sykes basically calling each and every single Trump supporter dumb for supporting Trump as opposed to the mainstream media https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/o...-is-lying.html

If I'm a journalist in the mainstream media this is how I respond to Donald Trump's comments on #fakenews "I agree that some stories written by my colleagues can be needlessly full of hyperbole and scant on factual details, but I as a journalist WELCOME people of all walks of life to read my work with a critical eye. Hold my feet to the fire, and be sure that my articles are truthful, objective, and as bias free as possible."

But exactly 0 journalists have responded like that, they've kicked and screamed, which tells you what? It tells ME that they have been slanting their stories for a long time, and they want to keep getting away with it. Why should I trust them? Why should I purchase "news" from them? There's no good reason....I listen to what Donald Trump SAYS and I look at what he DOES vs what the media puts out about him, and the media is a funhouse mirror version of Donald Trump, it's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Don Lemon CAN'T STAND BEING CALLED "FAKE NEWS" -- walks off set! CLASSIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    If I'm a journalist in the mainstream media this is how I respond to Donald Trump's comments on #fakenews "I agree that some stories written by my colleagues can be needlessly full of hyperbole and scant on factual details, but I as a journalist WELCOME people of all walks of life to read my work with a critical eye. Hold my feet to the fire, and be sure that my articles are truthful, objective, and as bias free as possible."

Very good, Lyle. I agree wholeheartedly. Sounds very similar to what I said regarding Spicer and Conway. Something to this effect...

If I'm Spicer this is how I respond to the media's comment that Trump's inauguration crowd was smaller than Obama's.

"While President Trump's crowd may have in fact been smaller than Obama's, it is the opinion of this administration that this is a fact of little or no importance in the context of what this administration intends to do for the benefit of all Americans. Furthermore, it is the opinion of this administration that this type of news coverage and emphasis on facts of little importance that take away from the credibility of the press, and adds to the truth that much of the media seeks to sensationalize, always with a hidden agenda. So we take advantage of this opportunity to encourage the press to reevaluate its methods, and concentrate on reporting the news without bias, again... for the benefit of all Americans. Thank you."

If I'm Conway I say nothing...... just hand in my resignation, admitting I'm totally unfit for the job.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Very good, Lyle. I agree wholeheartedly. Sounds very similar to what I said regarding Spicer and Conway. Something to this effect...

If I'm Spicer this is how I respond to the media's comment that Trump's inauguration crowd was smaller than Obama's.

"While President Trump's crowd may have in fact been smaller than Obama's, it is the opinion of this administration that this is a fact of little or no importance in the context of what this administration intends to do for the benefit of all Americans. Furthermore, it is the opinion of this administration that this type of news coverage and emphasis on facts of little importance that take away from the credibility of the press, and adds to the truth that much of the media seeks to sensationalize, always with a hidden agenda. So we take advantage of this opportunity to encourage the press to reevaluate its methods, and concentrate on reporting the news without bias, again... for the benefit of all Americans. Thank you."

If I'm Conway I say nothing...... just hand in my resignation, admitting I'm totally unfit for the job.
    tito you just dont get it, do you?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

tito you just dont get it, do you?

What is it I just don't get, brock. Help me understand.

Is it that...

Trump and his people can lie, but the media can't?

That Trump and his people are beyond criticism? Their shit don't stink?

That because Trump is a New Yorker like you, he can shit all over the country and it's ok?

That any argument with you is like using a water hose on a burning building while you're pouring gasoline on it from the other side?

That even when the criticism is accompanied with praise... you only see the criticism?

Tell me brock... I'm "dying" to know.

What EXACTLY is it that I "just don't get"?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't get that you've been brainwashed by the last 8 or 12 years of the mainstream media brainwashing of the people that you have to pick apart every little single word for example the Trump says and magnify that like it is exemplary of his overarching plans and policies. People want to say all boo hoo hoo boo hoo he said something about sweet and had an attack but there was no actual attack in Sweden oh boo hoo. There were plenty of attacks in Sweden buddy but just because there was not one at that particular moment or he got the date wrong or something everybody wants to say that it was a lie. And that therefore all of his policies are lies or based on lies. You are not seeing the forest for the trees and that is exactly what the mainstream media wants you to do. I think that is what you just don't get. It does not matter here or there or anywhere if Donald Trump says Sweden when in fact it was Belgium or if he says Belgium when in fact it was Sweden or whatever the hell if he says he had the most electoral votes since Ronald Reagan and it turns out that there was another president in between who had more whatever that is just simply not important. It is irrelevant. It cannot be used deductively or inductive lead to extrapolate anything about his policies or his character or his presidency. It is not the same thing as the mainstream media out and fabricate a story based on false sources and knows that the fault is our source or false and yet go ahead with the story anyway in a coordinated effort by the global Elite mainstream media which I am now calling fake stream media to try to completely take down a president. You are comparing apples and oranges but the mainstream media wants you to think that is the same thing. That is what I think you don't get.

El Kabong Guest

Here's what brockton is alluding to Tito.....

1. Listen to Trump, really listen closely to what he says and do this completely objectively
    2. Read and Listen to the media cover his comments
    3. Compare and contrast your feelings after 1. and 2....is one side a bit more crazy that the other? Typically it ends up that way.
    4. Be aware, that Trump does 'tweak' the media, he'll say something innocent in a manner that will drive the media nuts.....the fact he opined on how he could be viewed so positively if only he'd attack that Russian ship sitting off our coast and said "but I'm not going to do that because it's not right for the American people"....that is the most logical, well reasoned, and unselfish line of thought I've ever heard ANY politician speak and what do we get from the media? 'Trump is secret friends with Putin' and 'Russia hacked the election' and 'Russia helped Trump win the election'.....Trump isn't an idiot, Putin isn't an idiot, so even if that WAS the case they'd pull some bullshit wag the dog armed conflict just to show 'Hey, we don't like each other'......Trump is out there saying I could take us to war with Russia and be a hero in the media OR I could attempt to make peace and be seen as some tyrant in the media....it's nonsensical the media is acting this way.

It's quite simple. The media is ASTOUNDINGLY out to get Donald Trump, I mean it would be hilarious if it wasn't true! The media want us to have a war with Russia....just think about that for a second and think about how ludicrous that is. We'd all be dead, all of us, the Earth would cease having life on it.....and the media is WELCOMING it.

But hey, you're going to get your message from who you like....I listen to Trump, I listen closely to what he says, I listen to some other people both rational and irrational and I compare and contrast the two.

El Kabong Guest

Men outnumber women more than 2-1 among top White House aides

This was considered #breakingnews by USA Today apparently

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    You don't get that you've been brainwashed by the last 8 or 12 years of the mainstream media brainwashing of the people that you have to pick apart every little single word for example the Trump says and magnify that like it is exemplary of his overarching plans and policies. People want to say all boo hoo hoo boo hoo he said something about sweet and had an attack but there was no actual attack in Sweden oh boo hoo. There were plenty of attacks in Sweden buddy but just because there was not one at that particular moment or he got the date wrong or something everybody wants to say that it was a lie. And that therefore all of his policies are lies or based on lies. You are not seeing the forest for the trees and that is exactly what the mainstream media wants you to do. I think that is what you just don't get. It does not matter here or there or anywhere if Donald Trump says Sweden when in fact it was Belgium or if he says Belgium when in fact it was Sweden or whatever the hell if he says he had the most electoral votes since Ronald Reagan and it turns out that there was another president in between who had more whatever that is just simply not important. It is irrelevant. It cannot be used deductively or inductive lead to extrapolate anything about his policies or his character or his presidency. It is not the same thing as the mainstream media out and fabricate a story based on false sources and knows that the fault is our source or false and yet go ahead with the story anyway in a coordinated effort by the global Elite mainstream media which I am now calling fake stream media to try to completely take down a president. You are comparing apples and oranges but the mainstream media wants you to think that is the same thing. That is what I think you don't get.

If he lies about the little, insignificant shit... he'll lie about the stuff that's really important. If he shoots off the hip no matter who he offends or insults, people are going to criticize him. If you personally go around doing that in real life, you either have no friends, or you surround yourself with people as insensitive as you. Lines must be drawn and limits must be observed. We're supposed to be a civilized society, not a bunch of animals scrounging around killing and mauling. The defensiveness shown by you and most Trump supporters is mind-boggling. Not only do you lash out at the SJW's who go on stupid "He's Not My President" marches. You also lash out at people who are for the most part objective, and call 'em like they see 'em. Believe it or not, there are people in the media who are more than willing to give Trump a fair shake. Maybe not the majority, but some. But Trump, you, and all fanatical Trump supporters lump 'em all together, and call them every name in the book. Did Trump expose much of the media as being agenda-driven and sensationalistic? Sure. But he's plunged off the cliff, and you all have plunged off the cliff with him.

Here's what brockton is alluding to Tito.....

1. Listen to Trump, really listen closely to what he says and do this completely objectively
    2. Read and Listen to the media cover his comments
    3. Compare and contrast your feelings after 1. and 2....is one side a bit more crazy that the other? Typically it ends up that way.
    4. Be aware, that Trump does 'tweak' the media, he'll say something innocent in a manner that will drive the media nuts.....the fact he opined on how he could be viewed so positively if only he'd attack that Russian ship sitting off our coast and said "but I'm not going to do that because it's not right for the American people"....that is the most logical, well reasoned, and unselfish line of thought I've ever heard ANY politician speak and what do we get from the media? 'Trump is secret friends with Putin' and 'Russia hacked the election' and 'Russia helped Trump win the election'.....Trump isn't an idiot, Putin isn't an idiot, so even if that WAS the case they'd pull some bullshit wag the dog armed conflict just to show 'Hey, we don't like each other'......Trump is out there saying I could take us to war with Russia and be a hero in the media OR I could attempt to make peace and be seen as some tyrant in the media....it's nonsensical the media is acting this way.

It's quite simple. The media is ASTOUNDINGLY out to get Donald Trump, I mean it would be hilarious if it wasn't true! The media want us to have a war with Russia....just think about that for a second and think about how ludicrous that is. We'd all be dead, all of us, the Earth would cease having life on it.....and the media is WELCOMING it.

But hey, you're going to get your message from who you like....I listen to Trump, I listen closely to what he says, I listen to some other people both rational and irrational and I compare and contrast the two.

This "us vs. them" stuff with you and Brock regarding Trump and the media is beyond astounding. It's this conspiracy theory where the media is, to borrow Trump's words, a well-oiled machine, out to do nothing but destroy Trump. Just today Trump appointed General H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser, replacing Flynn. I watched CLOSELY and INTENTLY.... just like you do. The first opinion I heard was that of another General, whose name I don't remember right now. His opinion was a very good one. I decided right then and there I was going to measure the news commentators opinions and comments against this General's, who appeared to be sincere and knowledgeable. To my pleasant surprise, no one came out negatively, trying to put a negative spin on the pick. There may have been some "disappointed" commentators, chomping at the bit for Trump to fuck up again.... but at least in front of the camera they behaved.

A bit of sugar... a bit of salt (loosely translated Spanish saying that basically means you take the good with the bad). As I've said before... when Trump does good, I'm not afraid to admit it. When he fucks up, I'm not afraid to criticize him. That's what it's all about. Matter of fact, you should probably sit down for this one:

In a small circle of family and friends who discuss U.S. politics, there is one brother-in-law in particular who I'd say is a Trump hater. You wouldn't believe the times he and I have gotten into serious arguments, with him seeing everything in one color, which is what you and Brock pretty much do, but in the other direction. I, on the other hand, present a more even tone. As with you guys, I established from the very beginning that I preferred to take my chances with Trump than suffer through a Hillary presidential disaster. I enumerated the positive things I thought Trump brought to the Presidency, and the positive things to take away from his being elected. But I also agree with a lot of the criticisms leveled against him. The worst thing you can lose with the American people (or anybody) is credibility. Like I said, if his team can outright lie about the simplest things, when the real facts (not alternative) are staring everyone right in the face... there's no telling what they can do.

Contrary to what you and Brock might think, not everyone who doesn't bow at the feet of Trump's golden statue is the enemy. Some of us are just concerned, ordinary citizens, hoping for the best. Who knows... maybe when the waters calm down a little bit... we'll all find that Trump settles into the job, and weeds out the bad apples on his team. Or that he switches from Campaign Trump to President Trump. I hope he does. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lashing and mauling? Trump is doing that?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrounging and killing?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don Lemon, I need a man who has powerful friends. I need a million dollars in cash. I need, Don Lemon, all of those politicians that you carry around in your pocket, like so many nickels and dimes.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Don Lemon, I need a man who has powerful friends. I need a million dollars in cash. I need, Don Lemon, all of those politicians that you carry around in your pocket, like so many nickels and dimes.
    A fish wrapped in a queer.....it's an old Sicilian message it means Don Lemon sleeps with the fishes

El Kabong Guest

I don't want CNN coming out of the bathroom with just Don Lemon's dick in his hands

Thread Information