Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao v Amir Khan - 23/4/17

Manny Pacquiao claims he is "in negotiations" to face former stablemate Amir Khan in his next fight.
    Pacquiao's announcement follows weeks of conflicting reports from various sources over who the WBO world welterweight champion will face next and where the fight will be held.

"My team and I are in negotiations with Amir Khan for our next fight. Further announcements coming soon," Pacquiao, 38, said on his official Twitter feed.

Manny Pacquiao in talks with Amir Khan over his next fight | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tbh it's a potentially fun fight. Not sure what ever happens tells us anything we didn't already know, (Khan is chinny, Pacquiao is now beyond recharging) but you could flip a coin or roll a dice on the outcome. Not sure Manny has the legs anymore to chase Khan down but then Amir has such an inflated ego now missing his head is pretty difficult. As long as it's free and I am not working I will watch.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 bullshit merchants in a bullshit fight, conning and making mugs of the fans. I hope Pac KO's him in round 1.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Manny Pacquiao v Amir Khan - 23/4/17

Khan is selling his chin to the highest bidder. Khan is the boxing version of a prostitute.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easy win & easy money for Pac. Seems like a fight some people want to see judging by that previous twitter poll.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Khan beats an ageing Pac for me he is p4p Number 1
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whenever you see a fight linked to those regions you know it's bollocks.

Bob Arum - "If the $38 million is real, it trumps the Australia deal. If it's real, we will assist putting on the event, but I am not holding my breath and I'm not making plane reservations. If the $38 million comes up, the fight will take place and we'll all be happy. And if it doesn't, there will be one guy who won't be surprised."

I'm done with Khan, couldn't care less about him anymore, but it would be interesting to see him prove how he used to duff Pac up in sparring.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Bob Arum - "If the $38 million is real, it trumps the Australia deal. If it's real, we will assist putting on the event, but I am not holding my breath and I'm not making plane reservations. If the $38 million comes up, the fight will take place and we'll all be happy. And if it doesn't, there will be one guy who won't be surprised."

I'm done with Khan, couldn't care less about him anymore, but it would be interesting to see him prove how he used to duff Pac up in sparring.

I've gone from a Khan fan into now not really liking the guy, i had loads of respect for him after he got smashed by Prescott then went on to win titles over in the US beating some seriously tough fighters in the process.

Pricing himself (purposely) out of the Brook fight was the final straw, that was on a plate for him and a Massive payday even at a fair 50-50.

Khan didn't want any part of facing Brook - simple as.

So what's the deal with this being in Dubai (UAE) i've read Dubai and Abu Dhabi have both (allegedly) agreed to stump up the money which is pocket change to them.

Pacquiao v Khan: Odds on the fight will be completed for UAE | World Boxing News

Weird U-Turn though because when i lived in Dubai i rushed down to the hotel bar to watch the Haye v Chisora fight and the doorman told me they weren't allowed to show it because it "encouraged violence"

Had to watch it on my phone on a shitty blurry youtube video the next day.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    If Khan beats an ageing Pac for me he is p4p Number 1

That'll make two of you.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Every six months or a year somebody in Dubai or one of the Gulf States threatens to put up tens of millions for a big fight and it never happens. They were going to outbid Vegas for Mayweather Manny at one point.

I think Khan might have slipped further than Manny has if they ever get in a ring. I think Manny would win anyway but I don't really want to see either of them fight again. I don't even want to see Khan get battered by Brook.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think that Khan deserves this fight one bit. Honestly, let Jeff Horn get a nice payday before giving Khan another big money fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was probably already penciled in when Manny and Arum did that dumb twitter poll asking fans to vote opponent. To be honest I could go the next year without seeing either of these guys.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Was probably already penciled in when Manny and Arum did that dumb twitter poll asking fans to vote opponent. To be honest I could go the next year without seeing either of these guys.
    Khan is irrelevant now. At least Pacquiao is still fighting top contenders and among the best at the weight. Garcia & Thurman are tied up. Brook & Spence are now tied up. He already beat Bradley. Porter is the only elite guy free. Alongside Peterson and possibly Felix Diaz and maybe Broner. Khan is the perfect keep busy fight that pays well, gets decent attention & allows Manny to see what happens when the dust settles from those upcoming fights. Pac might target the winners. Besides Khan; Broner is possibly a decent money fight and then Crawford.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beat fight to be made for each man in my opinion. Winnable for Khan or Pacquaio. Likely, that Pacquaio wins it. Even now I'd say.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Amir Khan - 23/4/17

Last edited by smashup; 02-26-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Thread Information