Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Oscar prepares the excuses for Alvarez not fighting Golovkin after JCC JR

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar prepares the excuses for Alvarez not fighting Golovkin after JCC JR

So first they are going to demand not only the Lion's share but a huge and unrealistic percentage in order to preserve the cash cow

De La Hoya: Canelo's next fight will be against Gennady Golovkin - Houston Chronicle

Then Oscar inserts the caveat that a great fight between Alvarez and the Jr ( not even just a loss for Canelo) will rather conveniently warrant an immediate rematch

Canelo vs. Chavez is a Fight Boxing Needed, Says De La Hoya - Boxing News
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be embarrassed to be with Canelo. The biggest elephant in the room is GGG. I am sure even Canelo's children are getting to the stage where even they want him to fight Triple G.

Every excuse that comes out of their mouth gets worse each time. Anyone with any fighting pride will eventually take the fight but these guys just want to milk as much money as they can get.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was actually just thinking about how Canelo has such a good opportunity to show how good he is. If he wants to stay at 154, he has solid fights there (charlo and Andrade) and at 160 he has some other solid fights excluding GGG if he wants to acclimate to the weights.

Fighting Khan was ridiculous. And now fighting Chavez is a sideshow. There are so many fights that I would be alright with him taking but he is taking awful fights.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar prepares the excuses for Alvarez not fighting Golovkin after JCC JR

From the article it seems Golden Boy will be demanding at least an 85-15 split in favor of Canelo against GGG. Which of course is another way, much like Khan and Brook, of Canelo and his team cowering down from GGG without just coming out and saying it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar prepares the excuses for Alvarez not fighting Golovkin after JCC JR

Oscar has been in the game long enough to know how to keep his man away from GGG.

Canelo is Oscar's new Lamborghini and now he has friends saying "hey let's take it off roading!" GGG is going to chew up Canelo and he knows it and he'll NEVER let Canelo anywhere near him. They'll price themselves off and keep delaying it and PRAY that GGG gets old overnight and loses.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't hear GGG Talking about Canelo much lately. If I was him, I would tell Canelo AND Oscar to get fucked. The thing is, if GGG Plays it right , he could end up getting more fights than Canelo, who is running out of meaningful opponents that he actually wants to fight.
    How long is he gonna get away with fighting the likes of Khan followed by JR.? Even the mugs that follow him won't accept that much longer.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you are all being too hard on Ginger pubes, if it wasn't for those ''artificial deadlines'' then the fight would have been made 12 months ago, Canelo would never have had to of dropped his belts and would obviously have unified by now.

god damn those artificial deadlines.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don't hear GGG Talking about Canelo much lately. If I was him, I would tell Canelo AND Oscar to get fucked. The thing is, if GGG Plays it right , he could end up getting more fights than Canelo, who is running out of meaningful opponents that he actually wants to fight.
    How long is he gonna get away with fighting the likes of Khan followed by JR.? Even the mugs that follow him won't accept that much longer.

Oh you'd be surprised...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think you are all being too hard on Ginger pubes, if it wasn't for those ''artificial deadlines'' then the fight would have been made 12 months ago, Canelo would never have had to of dropped his belts and would obviously have unified by now.

To be fair to Canelo it's no disrespect to him, I don't think he's scared to fight, I believe he'd go in there and throw down with GGG.

It's his handlers that are scared.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

To be fair to Canelo it's no disrespect to him, I don't think he's scared to fight, I believe he'd go in there and throw down with GGG.

It's his handlers that are scared.
    Oh yeah definitely he'd get in with GGG tomorrow, but he has to shoulder some of the blame because he is allowing his handlers to ruin his reputation

Thread Information