Thread: Deontay vs AJ will decide the best HW champ since Lennox Lewis retired

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Deontay vs AJ will decide the best HW champ since Lennox Lewis retired

After AJ knocks out Clinch-Ho they immediately need to make Deontay vs AJ.

IMO the winner of this fight will determine the best HW since Lennox left the game.

For too long the Clinch-Ho brothers double teamed a division of pudgy, mediocre HWs who couldn't cut the mustard in any HW era.

The HW division deserves another truly great HW champion, like Lennox Lewis was, and this bout will determine who is the rightful heir to Lennox's throne.

I like Tyson Fury's antics but he's no match for either man, he can't even beat cocaine how can he stand up to Wilder or Joshua?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay vs AJ will decide the best HW champ since Lennox Lewis retired

Neither man can not say they are truly the best until they beat Tyson Fury. When he gets better he will return to dominate.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay vs AJ will decide the best HW champ since Lennox Lewis retired

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Neither man can not say they are truly the best until they beat Tyson Fury. When he gets better he will return to dominate.
    16 months since his last fight now Master, I get the feeling that he will come back but when he does it'll be against a couple of bums and then he'll up the level and get beat relatively easy, now I've always been a fan of Fury but it'll be 2 years put of the ring before he even starts his comeback.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    16 months since his last fight now Master, I get the feeling that he will come back but when he does it'll be against a couple of bums and then he'll up the level and get beat relatively easy, now I've always been a fan of Fury but it'll be 2 years put of the ring before he even starts his comeback.
    Form is temporary but class is permanent
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Wilder has been sparring Michael Phelps. That was some freestyle swimming before the stoppage.

It’s as “Let’s Go Champ” says he fight like a wild drunken octopus

I saw Larry Holmes at ringside and I bet he was thinking "man, I could whip Deontay right now."

Wilder by name Wilder by nature. He just goes full retard wild winging windmills until the premature stoppage at the end. Boxing can be so corny sometimes.

If it was a Top Rank card there would be 50 posts about how Arum must have bribed the judges, the referee. Funny, I don’t see those same posts when it’s a Haymon card. The PBC ref was protecting the house fighter and the money.

He has very limited skills and is easily befuddled by basic feinting and jab work and absolutely embarrassing finishing abilities.

But that power...it changes the whole fight. He doesn't even have to land flush. It doesn't matter who you are, if Deontay hits you it is going to be nap time.

And that is why he will have a chance and a very good one- against anyone he steps into the ring against.

A fight with AJ ? How is AJ stamina ? AJ is not the most athletic of boxers.

6'6 pro athlete who can't dunk a basketball

How is that possible??

Whereas Wilders athleticism means that he is able to throw punches while off balance, and that's dangerous for anyone who "thinks" he’s open and there for the taking, they will walk into the line of fire.

But if I had to put my life on it. Joshua sparks wilder. Technically on a different planet to Windmill wilder

Joshua punches straight, fast and with power and has timing. Wilder has no guard, not a great jab , and gets caught square on and his balance is shocking.

Molina had him heavily rocked & he's not a big puncher then look at what AJ did to Molina

Wilder is a one trick pony. It's a helluva trick though. We must admit that. As flawed as Wilder is. He is dangerous to any HW. He might lose every round and but once he gets that punchers chance ?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury is funny but he's a fat pudding coke head. I think beating Wlad was more than he could handle mentally and he caved under the pressure.

Many people have pointed out Deontay's wild windmilling punches, and yes he has a tendency to lose his mind when he has a guy hurt (he did the same thing against Audley if I remember correctly). But the original right hand that dropped Washington initially was crisp. He has the ability to fight controlled.

I believe both AJ and Deontay need to elevate their games when fight time comes.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty clownish sentence to end on there. When he gets better? Why is he poorly,bless him? As for returning to dominate! Let's be very clear, he deserves great praise for fighting Wlad, but THAT IS IT!
    He's beaten nobody else remotely decent enough to suggest he's gonna "Dominate" the division.
    IMO , Wilder and AJ need to do a lot more than beat one another to outdo Vitali & Wlad.
    Btw @Fenster and somebody else said I was wrong when I said the Brits overrate their Boxers.
    Tyson Fury is the second coming of Christ and Kell beats Floyd in the last 24 hrs according to Saddos.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Pretty clownish sentence to end on there. When he gets better? Why is he poorly,bless him? As for returning to dominate! Let's be very clear, he deserves great praise for fighting Wlad, but THAT IS IT!
    He's beaten nobody else remotely decent enough to suggest he's gonna "Dominate" the division.
    IMO , Wilder and AJ need to do a lot more than beat one another to outdo Vitali & Wlad.
    Btw @Fenster and somebody else said I was wrong when I said the Brits overrate their Boxers.
    Tyson Fury is the second coming of Christ and Kell beats Floyd in the last 24 hrs according to Saddos.
    I never said Brits weren't overrated, I explained it depends on the circumstances, as it does for every fighter regardless of country. Generalisations like "Brits think this, Americans think that" are virtually meaningless. Lazy thinking.

Brook beats Floyd is the opinion of the individual poster, not Saddos. 1. The guy that made the thread is American. 2. Every reply he's received disagreed with him.

Likewise people that think Fury is the second coming represent nobody but themselves.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Don't forget Khan is P4P number 1 when he beats Pac.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali would have butchered Wilder with a blindfold on, it would be the spitting image of the Herbie Hide fight. AJ hasn't even gone the distance yet so he's a long way from hanging with a prime Vitali too.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say this in Fury's favour that his easy win's against Hammer (a man who couldn't land a GLOVE on Fury all night) who beat David Price and Chisora (who Fury beat easy) who lost a very close decison to Whyte are looking good in Fury's favour.

But I think people read too much into Fury's win against Wlad. This notion that the Man beat the man is clouding peoples judgements. If Tyson comes back he may be eaten alive by guys who been fighting 3-4times a year and are now Champions. He won one fight. That's it.

Fury avoided the rematch. Klitschko psychologically destroyed Fury when he exercised the rematch clause. Fury ran and decided to take up his hobby of snorting the devils dandruff.

Fury's one victory, an ugly victory, were a punch was barely thrown over an aged Klits only proved that he was able to beat him once.

HW history is FULL of not so great HW's who pulled one amazing win (Oliver McCall, Hasim Rahman, Buster Douglas, Leon Spinks) it's what you do after. You get some HW's who kick on after an amazing upset win to prove how great they are (Clay-Liston, Foreman Vs Frazier)

Which camp is Fury in ?

That's to be seen.
    Last edited by denilson200; 02-27-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like AJ to knock Wilder out. If you think Wilder is bad, and he is, watch him in slow mo and the footwork. There was a point in round two where he gets knocked off balance and he literally pogoed twice to recover stance. The reason he breaks his hands is because he flails like a drunken street brawler with random proper set up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua would knock Wilder out.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would think wilder would be beaten by pretty much any top heavyweight who is isnt a midget... his punching technique is pretty awful too and no wonder he hurts himself so much :S.. His style is so crap though that combined with his huge reach I would give him a pretty good chance of accidently knocking anyone out :S he can generate an amazing amount of power from nothing a lot of the time. if it goes past 4 rounds though i think wilder would lose to a good heavyweight tohugh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You will have to let me know what your tipple is, it certainly works!

Thread Information