Thread: Did Haye win any fans tonight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Haye win any fans tonight?

Not aimed at you @ryanman mate... like you I don't get people that can't give credit where it's due.

It goes from the ridiculous (it was a fix to make the rematch) to the pathetic (the injury was fake). I noticed several posts across different threads where it was casually written as a truth that Haye is a well known constant bottler. Geezer has never quit in any fight.

It was surprising he showed so much heart, the reason is the vast majority of fighters sensibly/rightly quit when sustaining an injury that renders them incompetent.

It's what makes legendary heroics like Danny Williams ironing out Mark Potter so remarkable, except Haye didn't get the fairy tale ending.

The celebrity fake boxer that only does it for the money (as though that's not the norm for every fighter), far from swallowing risked being humiliatingly knocked unconscious. Pride. Balls. Heart. Went out like a true warrior. Respect.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Talk about history being rewritten.

Since when was Haye some big quitting bottle job? He was throwing punches when the towel was thrown in against Thompson and his only mistake against Wlad was blaming his toe after being outclassed by the much bigger, stronger better fighter. He got off the floor to beat Mormeck and came back against Fragomeni with half his face hanging off.
    I don't think Haye has ever been a big quitting bottle job, the examples you gave were all before the Klit fight.

The questions about his desire have all came up immediately after the Klit fight.

There is no question of his commitment when he is actually in the ring, it is just getting him in there for the important fights that has been the problem.

Now I'm not going to say that his reasons for pulling out of the Fury fights were not legitimate but a loss against Fury would have been damaging to his media persona had he of fought and got beat.

The problem with Haye is that he appears to crave for celebrity attention outside of the rind but isn't prepared to take the risks required inside the ring.

I still believe that the only reason that he fought on as long as he did was because he had already exhausted all excuses previously (and I think if he was able to then he would have pulled out before the fight)

I'm going to forget about the injury from now and I'm going to say that based on the 5 rounds that he was fighting uninjured he looked like someone who used to be a good fighter buy will never ever be able to mix it with the big boys now.
    He isn't prepared to take the risks required inside the ring? Err.. what? He did a real life impression of the Black Knight from Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

If anything the injury justified his decision to pull out of previous scheduled fights before getting in the ring.

Yes getting accused of bottling it probably did play a part in his mental heroics. Hence he refused to mention the injury in the post fight interview even though it was the most remarkable thing about the fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Am alone in thinking Bellew isn't the future of the HW division ?
    With his accent he could star in the Benidorm sitcom.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I would like to withdraw all of my previous thoughts and opinions, I wanna hear what PK has to say about the fight

I reserve judgement until then
    Personally I think you can poke all your previous, and I wont read all your future.

Thread Information