Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Haye do next..?

Haye will not be retiring and turning away possible £5 million income.

Bellew rematch is the most lucrative option.

Warm up on Dave against an undefeated nobody is 2nd option to test his body for not a lot of money.

Parker/Hughie winner or

Go for broke and take Wilder/AJ
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see why the pure boxing fans are getting a bit uptight about this, but pure boxing doesn't exist any more! Contests are set, paid for and delivered by hype, like it or loathe it. If your public liked Haye Bellend enough to do it again then who are we to argue? The rosy side of the media story is that having both put up a good show they will now get a life changing payout for a rematch, good luck to them, Rocky Balboa all over again.

At the end of the day they took the risk (most of it by Haye, but now reversed) and sold the fight and got the reward. How anybody could allow Dillyan Dilly Dally or Del Boy Chisora to muscle in with a fight against either of them, thus reducing the purse to four pounds fifty pence is beyond me.

Obviously AJ is out of the question for either, but they keep interest going, and nobody's losing so far.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    I can see why the pure boxing fans are getting a bit uptight about this, but pure boxing doesn't exist any more! Contests are set, paid for and delivered by hype, like it or loathe it. If your public liked Haye Bellend enough to do it again then who are we to argue? The rosy side of the media story is that having both put up a good show they will now get a life changing payout for a rematch, good luck to them, Rocky Balboa all over again.

At the end of the day they took the risk (most of it by Haye, but now reversed) and sold the fight and got the reward. How anybody could allow Dillyan Dilly Dally or Del Boy Chisora to muscle in with a fight against either of them, thus reducing the purse to four pounds fifty pence is beyond me.

Obviously AJ is out of the question for either, but they keep interest going, and nobody's losing so far.
    It is unjust because it is a big scam. Whyte and Chisora fought themselves to a standstill in a near classic, yet these 2 get way more money for doing less!

Just not right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

It is unjust because it is a big scam. Whyte and Chisora fought themselves to a standstill in a near classic, yet these 2 get way more money for doing less!

Just not right.
    I never said it was just, or right, its the way these things are nowadays.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jimi Manuwa made his case for a UFC title shot - then called out former world champion boxer David Haye.

Manuwa needed just three minutes to knock out Corey Anderson in the main event of the promotion's return to London.

And while his first objective is a shot at the winner of Anthony Johnson's rematch with current light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier, Manuwa also set his sights on Haye.

His fellow Londoner is recovering from the ruptured Achilles he suffered during his defeat by Tony Bellew at the same O2 Arena earlier this month.

But Manuwa said: "David Haye, lets do this. Dana White, Eddie Hearn, lets make it happen."

Manuwa's request follows negotiations between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather who could face each other later this year.

And legendary boxer Roy Jones Jnr wants to meet former undisputed UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Manuwa also made clear his intent to follow Michael Bisping in becoming a British UFC world champion.

He added: "That was one of the great moments for me, getting a knockout in front of my home crowd in London.

"This is going to be one of the highlights of my career. The crowd was amazing tonight. I soaked it all in as I walked out and when I got into the Octagon. The fans were just so supportive. That’s the best crowd I’ve ever fought in front of.

"British fighters are working really hard at the moment and there’s been a lot of great British talent on the card tonight.

"It just shows that we are a force to be reckoned with. I think it’s only right that we have another British champion."

Jimi Manuwa calls out David Haye after devastating display at UFC Fight Night London

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just not right.
    I'm not going to justify Haye and Bellew's purses , not by a long stretch of the imagination, but the reason Whyte and Chisora fought themselves to a standstill, is because neither of them are fit . And as for it being a classic, yeah , a classic Bar Brawl!
    I'll be honest, Whyte/Chisora was fun, and both showed heart, but quality wise, I don't think that justifies paying them the sorts of money they think they're worth. Let's not try and make these 2 into something they are not.
    Neither of them deserve to earn big money, because neither of them have EVER beaten anyone of note.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte and Chisora were fit and motivated to beat one another.

They are at the same level which is why it was a good contest.

Both fighters would beat Bellew.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe they would both beat Bellew , maybe not, but at HW , What does that mean? None of them are worth the money they're getting. And please , nobody lecture me with the old "Boxing is a business" bollocks.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

maybe they would both beat Bellew , maybe not, but at HW , What does that mean? None of them are worth the money they're getting. And please , nobody lecture me with the old "Boxing is a business" bollocks.
    Whyte and Chisora deserved all the money they got in their fight with one another. They gave it their all.

Do not lecture me on Haye v Bellew manufactured hype con job in comparison.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What should Haye do next?
    I dunno.... here's an idea:

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn: Haye needs Bellew

David Haye's career can only progress if he avenges his recent defeat to Tony Bellew in a rematch, insists promoter Eddie Hearn.

Haye's bold aim of eventually challenging for Anthony Joshua's world heavyweight title went up in smoke after a stoppage defeat to Bellew last month and, after recuperating a serious Achilles injury, he has already spoken of a rematch.

"Never say never, especially in the heavyweight division," Bellew's promoter Hearn exclusively told Sky Sports.

"AJ and Haye is completely dead at the moment. The only fight for Haye is Tony Bellew.

"I have listened to his social media stuff, he's got aspirations of challenging for the world heavyweight title. I think he's good enough to go on and do that, but he just got stopped by Bellew. Injury or no injury, whatever, he lost the fight.

"The only fight for Haye is Bellew. Bellew has five or six options. We understand the demand for Haye-Bellew II and it's certainly something that we would look at."

Hearn insists that, after Bellew agreed to Haye's demands to arrange their first fight, negotiations for a rematch could prove problematic.

"Don't forget in that first fight, Bellew had to agree to a lot of things that he didn't want to, in order to get the opportunity, so that's probably going to be the biggest stumbling block," Hearn said.

"That seed is in his mind now, that now he gets those pluses out of the fight. But Tony understands it's a big fight. Tony has really built his career on having fights that the public want to see, so he's more than willing to do that next.

"He does talk about retiring, but I'm going to dangle so many fishes in front of him that I think that's impossible. [I expect] a shot at the world heavyweight title, or the David Haye rematch."

WBC cruiserweight champion Bellew dismissed the prospect of facing Dillian Whyte next, but has been more positive about extending his heavyweight adventure against WBC champion Deontay Wilder or WBO holder Joseph Parker.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/...cid=spartanntp

El Kabong Guest

I'll take "What is 'Get a real job' for $1000 Alex"

Thread Information