Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  162
Dislikes Dislikes:  1

Poll: Joshua v Klitschko - Outcome?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ-Wlad - Wembley

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default AJ-Wlad - Wembley

ANTHONY JOSHUA MBE FACES FORMER WORLD RULER WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO FOR HIS IBF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE AND THE VACANT IBO CHAMPIONSHIP AS WELL AS THE WBA SUPER CHAMPIONSHIP ON APRIL 29, 2017 AT WEMBLEY STADIUM CONNECTED BY EE, LIVE ON SKY SPORTS BOX OFFICE.Anthony Joshua: “This fight will be one of the biggest nights in my boxing career, it marks the highest point of my climb through the professional ranks. It is three years since I turned professional, I have taken the time to gain experience, fight men who have fallen and some who have fought hard and through this I am learning my trade, how the business works and gaining the ring craft which is sometimes underestimated as everyone wants to see the mega fights right away.It is the perfect time for me to move up another step and contest my heavyweight championship belt against one of the legends of our sport. There is no doubt this will be a titanic battle with a huge amount on the line, just like every fight, but when I enter the ring I will be prepared for victory as I have been with all my other fights. The legend against the champ – it’s time to write history.”Wladimir Klitschko: “I’m looking forward to this fight of the year, just like boxing fans all around the world. This is the first time in a decade that I’m the challenger again. I will fight against a champion who I consider the best of the young generation. Basically experience will take on youth. This makes this fight that unique. I will be ready for the challenge!”

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko - 29/4/17 Wembley Stadium

AJ is an MBE already? This rate he will be knighted after he beats Wlad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is the best HW title fight in years all things considered

I wonder, like with the haye bellew thread, if we will get 35+ pages of replies
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Just because it does not, does not mean it is better, just Ross and his no injury claim that made it carry on longer than necessary.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Just because it does not, does not mean it is better, just Ross and his no injury claim that made it carry on longer than necessary.
    I would argue that enough people were interested in the fight to keep responding to the ridiculousness of ross

if it was any other fight that ross was being ridiculous about would people still have bothered replying?

so what I am asking is, was it Haye/Bellew that encouraged people to open and reopen the thread or was it ridiculous ross?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was Haye/Bellew that encouraged people to keep the thread alive.

The whole fight was controversial and manufactured by Sky and them. Their personalities carried the promotion and hype.

The fight was farcical and ridiculous because of the injury that Haye was carrying.

Ross created a conspiracy that got him banned.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck Ross he was warned to reign his bullshit trolling in and didn't - end of.

So who wins this one?

It definitely ticks all the boxes this one, Massive Stadium fight with 90,000 fans and millions round the world, a great matchup of youth v experience and two pretty much identical guys physically who can both punch but can be hurt.

I really do think AJ's gonna win this by knock out and become a mega star globally.

Few and far between are fighters these days who dedicate their entire life to the sport (the guy lives in a small flat above his mum still) train their ass off and swerve the glamour and hype like so many others do.

Great role model, chilled out and polite fella but once he climbs through the ropes the real AJ comes out, spiteful vicious fucker who clearly enjoys smashing the absolute shit out of people, you can see it on his face when he's just landed a huge punch, big grin on his face then he sticks out his tounge and knocks them out.

AJ by KO for me
    Last edited by smashup; 03-14-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to dislike AJ but I can't he carries himself so well and does not react to provocation. He is just so calm, polite and measured even when others try to antagonise him.

One of the big question is questions is what has Wlad got left. He was on his best form until he faced Fury but went out like a limp lettuce against Tyson.

Wlad has not fought for 18 months and will that do him more harm than good?

If Wlad is on top form then he will give AJ his hardest fight. Wlad will try and take it past 7 rounds and see if AJ tires and then pour it on him. The only issue is Wlad has a weak chin and does not like to engage too much, hence why he hugs a lot.

AJ early or Wlad late is the sensible pick but could see AJ points winner as the most logical result.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it would be a real pity if Wlad won

just when it looks like we have HW excitement in the whole division, imagine going back to the Wlad reign again, the worst HW spell in history by miles

I just cant handle the thought

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it would be a real pity if Wlad won

just when it looks like we have HW excitement in the whole division, imagine going back to the Wlad reign again, the worst HW spell in history by miles

I just cant handle the thought
    I think there would be a rematch and then maybe a trilogy if Wlad is back to his best.

We do not know how good AJ is but so far he has looked the dogs bollocks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It was Haye/Bellew that encouraged people to keep the thread alive.

The whole fight was controversial and manufactured by Sky and them. Their personalities carried the promotion and hype.

The fight was farcical and ridiculous because of the injury that Haye was carrying.

Ross created a conspiracy that got him banned.
    ROSS IS BANNED? Since when?
    Come on, I know he's a prick, and I know he talks shit, but isn't a ban a bit over the top?
    Even though he talks shite , surely there's freedom of speech.
    Anyway, it always makes us feel better about ourselves when we can win a debate, and @ross makes that easy! 😂😂

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't dislike AJ but I'm not a huge fan of him, he has this real sly sort of arrogance about him if you ask me, I know that fighters need that (especially the heavys) but I can't help but want Klit to win.

And I think he will unless like a lot of others have said father time has caught up with him.

AJ wins and he is a Fucking mega star, the media loves him so he will get the respect that Fury would have got if he wasn't such a polarising character

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I don't dislike AJ but I'm not a huge fan of him, he has this real sly sort of arrogance about him if you ask me, I know that fighters need that (especially the heavys) but I can't help but want Klit to win.

And I think he will unless like a lot of others have said father time has caught up with him.

AJ wins and he is a Fucking mega star, the media loves him so he will get the respect that Fury would have got if he wasn't such a polarising character

I don't even think we'll get a chance to see if age has caught up on Wlad, Fury hardly hit him and he looked old and scared from the off.

AJ will come forward and attack him and will simply throw him off if he tries to hug him as he's so strong, I don't see him being able to handle AJ's power for too long and getting banged out inside 6 rounds

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I don't even think we'll get a chance to see if age has caught up on Wlad, Fury hardly hit him and he looked old and scared from the off.

AJ will come forward and attack him and will simply throw him off if he tries to hug him as he's so strong, I don't see him being able to handle AJ's power for too long and getting banged out inside 6 rounds
    When a fighter is desperate he will fight hard, Wlad was hurt against Pulev and producers a devastating knock out. AJ has been wobbled so we could see a stoppage the other way.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although I think Master is a moron he's right we don't know how good AJ is.

I just hope Wlad has something left and we actually find out.

Like others have said I'm really trying to like AJ but not warned to him yet - he's certainly not in the Khan or Audley bracket though.

With a gun to my head and having to put my house on it I would say.......AJ round 3
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information