Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billy Joe Saunders looks set to face Gennady Golovkin in unification mega fight.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Billy Joe Saunders looks set to face Gennady Golovkin in unification mega fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think GGG will not move weight until he meets Canelo not just for the money but for all his running, ducking and diving here is not hiding place for Alvarez. Nor should there be.

His excuses for the fight not happening are comical and becoming legendary.
    and lets just remind ourselves of one of them

"For the entirety of my career, I have taken the fights that no one wanted because I fear no man," Alvarez said. "Never has that been more true than today. I will fight GGG, and I will beat GGG, but I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines.

"I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and GGG and I can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Billy Joe Saunders looks set to face Gennady Golovkin in unification mega fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think GGG will not move weight until he meets Canelo not just for the money but for all his running, ducking and diving here is not hiding place for Alvarez. Nor should there be.

His excuses for the fight not happening are comical and becoming legendary.
    and lets just remind ourselves of one of them

"For the entirety of my career, I have taken the fights that no one wanted because I fear no man," Alvarez said. "Never has that been more true than today. I will fight GGG, and I will beat GGG, but I will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines.

"I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and GGG and I can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see."
    As soon as possible
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The MW division can be proud to say it's got several fearless warriors right now.
    GGG, Jacobs, BJS... they're willing to take on all comers without excuses.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The MW division can be proud to say it's got several fearless warriors right now.
    GGG, Jacobs, BJS... they're willing to take on all comers without excuses.
    Each successful defence GGG makes and each fight Canelo avoids GGG makes Alvarez look stupid and scared. His own wife must call him a pussy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So everything is done from Billy Joe Saunders end (money agreed etc, willing to fight anywhere Golovkin wants i.e. Kazakhstan ) and Warren is not waiting any longer than a few more days for Golovkin to decide to agree so Saunders can get on with his career either way.
    Really wanna see this fight in June for unification of the division.
    Interesting point in this link that mentions if Golovkin is now possibly not wanting to jeopardise a September fight with Canelo after hearing what Oscar De La Hoya has recently said.

If i was Golovkin i'd fight Billy Joe in June 100% and fuck Canelo off and make him wait.

Boxing promoter Frank Warren says middleweight king Gennady Golovkin is running out of time to agree to fight Billy Joe Saunders.
    The Kazakhstan fighter holds every middleweight belt except the WBO strap which is currently held by Saunders.
    Golovkin is desperate to unify the division and Warren says he will be given the opportunity to cement his legacy in the sport – but only if he signs the contract and agrees the date in the next week.
    “Bill is ready to go, he wants the fight, we want the fight,” added Warren. “But we are not going to hang around forever so we’ve got to put a time limit on it. We’re either going to do it this week or we’re not going to do it.
    “If we don’t then we will move on to something else. Bill is there, terms are agreed. We have no problems with any terms for the fight. It is whether they want the fight or not.”
    Warren also claimed that Saunders, a former Team GB Olympian at Beijing in 2008, would be willing to travel to Kazakhstan in order to make the unification contest happen.
    “He says holding all five belts is his dream, well we can make his dreams come true – they don’t have to be a dream, they can be a reality.
    “All he needs to do is tell is tell his manager and promoter to make his dream come true and sign the contract.
    “We want it, Bill wants it. It is not an easy fight. Bill has even said he will go to Kazakhstan to fight him.”
    http://sport.bt.com/boxing/frank-war...11364168961265

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-new...inancial/72721
    Last edited by smashup; 03-30-2017 at 03:24 AM.

Thread Information