Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Jr vs DeGale, Groves & C. Smith

So how does lil Chris do against the other top Super-Middles from the UK? I can see him being competitive with all of them & on their worst nights I can seeing him winning over all 3. If all 3 fight at their best tho I think he comes up second best. Secondly what are the chances of any of these fights happening? There was a period when the UK had a number of decent middles that would have made for a nice round robin (Murray, Barker, Macklin etc) but the fights never came to fruition.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jr vs DeGale, Groves & C. Smith

1. He loses to all of them, he's not in their class. He's fought one skilful boxer in his career and he couldn't work him out for 6 rounds and it was too late. Against the SMW's he won't get that luxury and Groves and Smith are heavy handed.
    2. It'll never happen because the Eubanks are deluded wankers.
    Looks like we're back on my little pet hate subject!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never seen him hurt yet, although he hasn't really fought anyone. He did show over the final half against Saunders that he has ability. Smith is the only one I'm unsure of winning really but that is only because of experience and opposition at this stage of his career. What about Cox. Can he beat Cox?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Junior probably lose all 3, I do not see him as good enough at the weight and middleweight would suit him better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Junior probably lose all 3, I do not see him as good enough at the weight and middleweight would suit him better.
    I agree that he is better suited to 160 but I still see him losing to Lemieux & of course GGG.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale is definitely not on form

I think Eubank fighting Degale now would be a risk worth taking

and you never know about the other 2

Smith looks very good but hasn't fought anyone and Groves always looks great first 6 and then not so good after that, you never know what would happen if Jr could weather it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Eubank can pack out a small venue with a rematch with Renold Quinlan ?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only one he has a chance against is Smith and has already been mentioned that is more an experience thing and even then I wouldn't be entirely confident that Jr would win.
    There is a shit load of good tough fights for him at MW and he should earn his stripes there first if you ask me.

Then again he is a world champion LOLZ

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of love for CEJ aye? His father and him bring it on themselves. I'd like to see him step up just to gauge where he is at really.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Only one he has a chance against is Smith and has already been mentioned that is more an experience thing and even then I wouldn't be entirely confident that Jr would win.
    There is a shit load of good tough fights for him at MW and he should earn his stripes there first if you ask me.

Then again he is a world champion LOLZ

you really don't think he has a chance against degale?

would you put him in with Bute?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    A lot of love for CEJ aye? His father and him bring it on themselves. I'd like to see him step up just to gauge where he is at really.
    The Eubanks, particularly the dad, have acted like complete cocks at times not that I want to stick up for Eddie and Frank who are horrible liars themselves.

Junior has got great stamina and good boxing skills and I think he could beat Lemieux which would be a great fight to make. There are a lot of good fights to be made but instead we will watch Eubank defend his IBO title against meaningless fighters like his dad did on sky.

Then the pair of them will name drop GGG and the rest and blame them for not making the fights with them.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Eubanks, particularly the dad, have acted like complete cocks at times not that I want to stick up for Eddie and Frank who are horrible liars themselves.

Junior has got great stamina and good boxing skills and I think he could beat Lemieux which would be a great fight to make. There are a lot of good fights to be made but instead we will watch Eubank defend his IBO title against meaningless fighters like his dad did on sky.

Then the pair of them will name drop GGG and the rest and blame them for not making the fights with them.
    Eubank beating a fighter like Lemieux would rely on him have a chin like his dad had and we don't know how good his chin is yet

His dad had a style that enabled him to conserve a lot of energy which I think contributed massively to his punch resistance

Jr doesn't have an energy conserving style

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Eubank beating a fighter like Lemieux would rely on him have a chin like his dad had and we don't know how good his chin is yet

His dad had a style that enabled him to conserve a lot of energy which I think contributed massively to his punch resistance

Jr doesn't have an energy conserving style
    I think he can avoid Lemieux big punches and deter him with his own fast attacks. Great fight to be (never) made.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure I'd see him beating Lemieux either. I don't think the IBO has mandatory defenses so not sure who he fights next. I also feel he'll defend against a slew of journeymen gatekeepers.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah that fight will never happen, not in a million years

well it might in 10 years or something, like cotto is fighting marquez now

Thread Information