Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Mr 140 is not alone in his disdain for the lower classes. Many boxing fans feel the same way (I don't). For some reason, the adage "bigger is better" seems to extend to boxing. But for me, I've seen way too many heavyweights who substitute raw power for skill and/or training, in the hopes one big shot can end their fights. I've seen way too many blubbery, lumbering heavyweights plod their way around. People like them, much in the same way Japanese love their sumos. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that stuff, I guess. For my money, give me an evenly matched pair of bantamweights, lightweights, or whatever. Plenty of stars have come out of those divisions. It's also cultural and national, I think. Most little guys are either Asian or Hispanic. So naturally U.S. fans don't care as much. There's the rare exception, such as Chocolatito, but again it's rare. Meanwhile, we've got uncoordinated, lazy oafs like Tyson Fury getting all the attention.
    I grew up watching it in the best era out side of the 1970's for the division. Holyfeild by far is my favorite fighter of all time and true warrior to this sport of boxing. Been watching this sport my whole life which has been pretty much me watching 135-175 and the heavyweight division. I watch other division out side the range but not many of them catch my interest outside that realm there have been a few fighters here and there and that is about it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "P4P no.1!" Chocolatito-vs-Thai Bang Bang Merchant - (Golovkin-Jacobs undercard)

I like the little guys. I watch most boxing fights if I get the chance. I don't really care what division a fighter is in. Question: Did you enjoy the Chocolatito fight? Because that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I like the little guys. I watch most boxing fights if I get the chance. I don't really care what division a fighter is in. Question: Did you enjoy the Chocolatito fight? Because that's all that really matters at the end of the day.
    I thought it was good but last few fights i watch at the lower weights have kinda left me going eh. There are exceptions i will watch champs fight at the divisions but out side of that i wont really see it outside the title fights.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a matter of preferences.

I used to like the HW division a lot more before the following changes happened:

1. Seems like a lot more guys began showing up in the HW picture woefully out of shape. Blubbery dudes hoping for a big, one-punch payday.

2. Wladimir's reign did me in pretty much. More than a decade of watching a parade of scared stiffs, fighting a champion who was just as scared, using all sorts of tactics, many of them illegal, to win fights. This turned me off HW fights completely.

3. David Haye.

4. Fights like Wlad-Fury. Frankly, I'd much rather have sat outside watching my grass grow than to have watched that fight.

Heavyweights were fun back in the days of Tyson, Lennox, Holyfield, etc. After that, it's all gone to hell.

Meanwhile, the lighter divisions continue to give us great boxing, wonderful matchups, and professional athletes who are in shape and look in shape, ready to go full bore for 12 rounds. No contest as far as I'm concerned.

Thread Information