Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  55
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who won? GGG or Jacobs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won? GGG or Jacobs?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won? GGG or Jacobs?

I did not score the fight as I thought GGG would blow him away but score it when I watch the repeat. I had thought Jacobs won and GGG was off the pace.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fancied GGG before,thought Jacobs afterwards, wasn't aware of the extent that Jacobs apparently rehydrated to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Jacobs but after some thought its not really the type of victory that warrants the taking of 4 belts from a p4p top fighter.

Mayweather certainly would have not lost his belts in that fashion. I honestly thing GGG held back a little from the start and in a rematch this would be heavily in GGG's favor. Jacobs fought really well though and i think he is the real deal top fighter who had made GGG look human. Lets not take anything away from his performance last night. He was brilliant.

Was it enough to take away all them belts though.. Im not sure i will have to watch it again.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin.

Watched it with no sound.

Certainly a fight of two halves with GGG bossing the first half but Jacobs being nowhere near as convincing in his half.

7-5 GGG and a proper KD nothing iffy about it whatsoever. People are reaching to try and discredit a GREAT boxer in a proper fight with somebody who made him fight for the whole 12 rounds. Jacobs already being taller with a reach advantage and then a huge weight advantage come fight time has to be factored into it or else you then have to be consistent and give Canelo etc no shit for doing the same. This is why GGG has not moved up he is not that big. Despite that Jacobs hit him several times with his best shots and couldn't budge him (watch his frustration in RD 11 when he hit him with shots that would have planked lesser fighters). Still people can't bring themselves to credit GGG for actually proving in this fight how legitimate he is. Talk of him having no defense and being like Prov is dumb at best, and that is being charitable. Watch him side step, feint , duck, lean, tilt his chin again and again to avoid being hit straight on. When he does get hit he again proves he has a great beard, but that is not the same is just standing there and letting someone tee off all night. Golovkin again does not take a step backwards, but he fights with great skill and hunting down a first class rangy boxer that could bang a bit like Jacobs is no mean feat.

I can see why somebody might have it as a draw but you have to ignore the KD and the effectiveness of Golovkins work in negating Jacobs opportunity to land scoring punches to really believe that Jacobs beat him. Nothing like a robbery and very predictable example of negative naysayers lining up to tear a great fighter down.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    ive said ALL ALONG ggg is *************SHIT**************
    Have you even watched the fight ? Is this why you so rarely post about boxing? If GGG is so shite what does that make Jacobs and all the amateur and Pro fighters he has left in his wake? Disrespectful to the art and typically negative and clueless, should not expect anything else from you really though. Twat.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    ive said ALL ALONG ggg is *************SHIT**************
    Have you even watched the fight ? Is this why you so rarely post about boxing? If GGG is so shite what does that make Jacobs and all the amateur and Pro fighters he has left in his wake? Disrespectful to the art and typically negative and clueless, should not expect anything else from you really though. Twat.
    He gives twats a bad name, he is more of a dick head.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    GGG didn't knock him out, which proves Jacobs was robbed. Fact.

Fucks sake... for starters, fuck all the GGG haters, you stick out like a sore thumb - For all the sensible/neutral fans - if you reverse the expectation of what WILL happen to what DID happen the same pratts crying robbery (not having a pop at people that scored it close for Jacobs) would be saying Golovkin was robbed had the decision gone to Jacobs. Jacobs overachieved, he did better than everyone thought, he's a moral winner, it doesn't mean he won.

Even if Golovkin lost six rounds - which is two to many in my book - he still had a 10-8 round.

Can someone tell me how the HBO/BN commentators had it?
    Wait, you gave GGG 8 rounds? I'd absolutely love to hear which. That's madness. I have no problem with the decision. It was a close fight but giving GGG 8 rounds is silly.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 03-20-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

8-4 is not far off 7-5 rounds so it is not that far fetched to say he could not have won 8 rounds.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Considering Jacobs came in with a 10 plus pound weight advantage, there was no knocking Jacobs out. Jacobs, and fighters like Jacobs who let fights be too close with their weight advantages, really and truly start out 2 points down. The judges don't tell you that, but it is something we have come to understand that evens out the weight disparity. Jacobs could have only won by a brutal beating over 12, which GGG had to have had several knockdowns; or won by brutal KO. There was no other way.

Also, Jacobs is not a Jr. Middleweights that came up LIKE Bushida and Rosado; Part time boxers, full time gang-bangers and party animals like Wade and Stevens; or inexperienced guys like Monroe; OR even inactive guys who just came back to get a good payday like Geale, Murray or Rubio.

But, he was in there with a fighter than as training, HEALTHY AS A HORSE, experienced, can punch, can take a punch (He took too long to get up from the Pirog knockdown and could have and should have gotten up, plus he was showing signs of failing health and not taking training seriously) and plus a guy that came in 10 plus pounds heavier and LOOKED better fit at Super-Middleweight than he did at Middleweight.

I'm not saying this is the first time GGG got in with a REAL opponent, but Jacobs was a REAL opponent and posed a REAL threat.

I say rematch, this time forget taking SERIOUSLY the weight restrictions and let them fight and train up to have a day before weigh-in, and leave it at that... Then and only then will we see what's what!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    GGG didn't knock him out, which proves Jacobs was robbed. Fact.

Fucks sake... for starters, fuck all the GGG haters, you stick out like a sore thumb - For all the sensible/neutral fans - if you reverse the expectation of what WILL happen to what DID happen the same pratts crying robbery (not having a pop at people that scored it close for Jacobs) would be saying Golovkin was robbed had the decision gone to Jacobs. Jacobs overachieved, he did better than everyone thought, he's a moral winner, it doesn't mean he won.

Even if Golovkin lost six rounds - which is two to many in my book - he still had a 10-8 round.

Can someone tell me how the HBO/BN commentators had it?
    LEDERMAN HAD it even going into the last round which golovkin.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

John Rawling's commentary on BoxNation was sickeningly biased in favor of Jacobs, and may have misled a few people.

HBO commentary was fair. They all had Golovkin winning.

I scored it 115-112 for Golovkin, who landed the cleaner, more effective punches. Jacobs was hurt several times.

Golovkin caught most of Jacobs' punches on his gloves and was never hurt in the fight.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG won. It's not a robbery or anything, just a very competitive fight and our perception has been "alterated" by the fact that many expected GGG to just smoke Jacobs out at some point because he used us to it. A very very competitive fight and I hope there will be a second bout at some point.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Golovkin winning but not impressively. It was a close fight and Jacobs could'nt get any home cooking in his own state but Triple G still edged it. Even though he didn't win. Jacobs still felt like he got the moral victory just by surviving the full 12 rounds, putting on a respectable showing.

But when Danny had the chance to pressure the fight he opted to get on his bike and wait for GGG to bring the fight to him all night long.

And those judges saw THAT

The lack of will to go for the KO when he (Jacobs) had all the advantages. He was faster, much bigger. But he was never the aggressor.

You have to BEAT the champ.

Triple G has the ultimate poker face. He never looks like he’s been hurt. Nor does he lose his shape. So Triple G’s whole demeanour is that of man in control that’s why he’ll always be tough to beat in close contests.

And also one of THE great misinterpretations of boxing is that you cannot out-box someone on the front foot. Out-boxing seems to be something that can only be done on the back-foot. Golovkin’s controlled the fight on the front foot.

Danny's strategy was to survive and flurry.

But as I say GGG was not impressive, so is he a commie hype job ?

Well, the wheels on the GGG hype train are getting wobbly as phuk

One thing that has always bothered me about Golovkin's training is I never see him throwing quick combinations. Always power punches.

K2 was VERY wise keeping Ward away from GGG.

Backing straight up with no side to side movement and head-hunting too much. I don't think he can beat Canelo or Ward after what I saw last night.

If I was GGG then I would immediately retire after the big money fight against Canelo. Because there are younger guys out there like Jermall Charlo, Erikson Lubin who could give GGG serious trouble and time runs against Golovkin.

I think Abel Sanchez (GGG Trainer) looks silly now when he compared GGG to Sugar Ray Robinson and saying only Robinson and Hagler are above GGG at 160.

Last edited by denilson200; 03-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rewatched it last night and I had it fairly even towards the end this time. Possibly the KD was the difference. Some close rounds though where it could have gone to either fighter really. Would like to see a rematch. GGG can't be satisfied with that and Jacobs will believe he can improve on it.

Thread Information