Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar rolling out the excuses already

GGG should fight Saunders. Canelo and Oscar play games and are unreliable. GGG is an easy fight to make, so it's pretty obvious that Oscar is just trying to delay as much as possible.

If Chavez Jr. Comes to fight and is in shape, I'm not so sure the BJS or any other fight will matter. Canelo isn't guaranteed a win in that fight, since Jr. will be the much larger man (something new for Canelo). I personally think Canelo is shit and a hype job, and that Charlo, Jacobs, GGG, Spence, and Brook all beat him out of the ring.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar De La Hoya, doubting Gennady Golovkin's drawing power, will redo offer for Canelo fight - LA Times

Of COURSE! That was about the only excuse left for Team Canelo not to face GGG!!

Now DLH is going to "recraft" another deal with GGG, meaning he's found yet ANOTHER excuse to avoid Canelo having to fight him. Now it's because GGG is not enough of a draw. Seriously... does DLH believe he's dealing with a bunch of morons in the boxing public? Well... scratch that. Blind fans will believe whatever B.S. comes out of DLH's mouth.

So let's recap some of the excuses Team Canelo has used to avoid GGG.

First, the fight had to "marinate". The implication that it was too soon. You have to let the hype train run for awhile. Ok.

Then there was the weight factor. Sure... we'll fight GGG. Come down to 154 and we'll fight. Of course, after you kill yourself making the weight, we'll re-hydrate up to 180 and you'll be weakened.

Then it was the BJS fight. Never mind we're fighting Junior in May. You're fighting BJS in June and thus you're somehow disrespecting us.
    Fight's off!!

Finally, it's that GGG isn't enough of a draw... and DLH will proceed to make some ridiculous offer to GGG just so blind fans can see that an offer was made. When GGG tells Team Canelo to go to hell... it'll be proof that Canelo wanted GGG, but it was GGG that didn't want to fight.

At this point, I don't care who it is. I'm just dying for any true middleweight to get Canelo in the ring, hopefully somewhere in the same weight neighborhood..... and proceed to beat the living shit out of him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar is a cunt! End of. Forget about GGG, how the fuck can he even talk about a fight for Canelo and GGG, his boy has got to beat JCC Jr. First. He's avoided it so many times , who the fuck does he think he is.
    Let's say that Canelo and GGG Don't fight next, who is Canelo going to fight? He's run out of catch weight bullshit opponents. God forbid he has a meaningful fight for a title at a proper weight!
    GGG should ignore BJS and Canelo. Either rematch Jacobs or go up to SMW and fight one of the top guys up there.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care about a GGG fight anyway. I think it will be easy work for GGG, so it's not a meaningful fight. Canelo gets found out whenever he fights someone good at his weight (Floyd/Lara) and the rest of it is filler like Matthew Hatton, old men or outsized men. Canelo is a fraud and I have no idea why he is popular as he is boring with his fighting in little spurts. Chavez is a fraud too, but he is also a pretty heavy fraud. Hopefully he does a number and ends the talk once and for all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just staking claim early and don't think it's so much about "Golovkin risking injury" as it is Golovkin with massive additional press on his own terms in build up . He should worry more about Chavez jr laying off the bong hits and actually showing up to win. I remember someone saying that a "cut heals one percent a day". Anyone know if that's anywhere accurate? What's the big difference between Canelo May fight and Golovkin June fight and risking a cut? It's clear Canelo and Oscar already dodged Golovkin and you have to call bullshit probable on any promoter already setting up sandbags in front of a blockbuster event. Golovkin should fight as soon as possible, he knows the risks.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't care about a GGG fight anyway. I think it will be easy work for GGG, so it's not a meaningful fight. Canelo gets found out whenever he fights someone good at his weight (Floyd/Lara) and the rest of it is filler like Matthew Hatton, old men or outsized men. Canelo is a fraud and I have no idea why he is popular as he is boring with his fighting in little spurts. Chavez is a fraud too, but he is also a pretty heavy fraud. Hopefully he does a number and ends the talk once and for all.
    I agree, and I hate Canelo. But it's funny watching people say Oscar was wrong to offer GGG more than 7 times what he got for the Jacobs fight because it's lowballing. And now they flip and Oscar is wrong for offering a percentage. I hate Oscar more than anyone short of Bob Arum but come on, career high paydays are insults? GGG needs a percentage. Oscar says they will offer a percentage and that's an insult too? Absurd. And common boxing business practices are now not allowed too? People have lost their damn minds.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give credit to Canelo for fighting guys like Floyd, Lara, trout etc although he struggled he did get in the ring with these guys and no one can blame him for taking the best money fights. We would all do the same if given the same opportunity. But he should STFU with all the "We don't fuck around" bullsh*t. I can understand GGG not wanting to commit to the $15m flat fee until after both their bouts are complete. After the Canelo/ Chavez Jr fight should Alvarez emerge victorious then a serious offer and contract needs to be put up. Let GGG take on BJS. Big fights have been postponed before due to injuries so I'm sure it can happen here. Does Canelo really have to fight in September? Especially when a GGG fight could be on the line a month or 2 later due to a cut.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus christ! The difference between Canelo-Chavez in May is that fight was signed, sealed and done in January. January! The Golovkin-Saunders fight doesn't have a time, date, venue, country, deal etc. Nada. Nothing. That's Oscar's whole point, he doesn't want them fucking about with that fight so close to a Canelo date. It's par for the course boxing, for gawds sake.

Now lets just try something for one second, I swear it doesn't hurt, it wont cost you anything, just a few seconds then you can revert to type. Right... take your angry feelings for Oscar and Canelo out of the equation - why do you want Golovkin to take a fight that you regard as a mismatch?

No-one gives Billy Joe a chance in hell so why care?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought GGG wanted to fight at home at the expo in June. Fighting Saunders with another belt on the line would fit the bill nicely.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm asking the fans/forum, mate. I know why Golovkin wants the Billy Joe fight, I want to know why fans are desperate to watch a fight they consider a mismatch?

Unless I've got it wrong of course, and everyone thinks Golovkin-Billy Joe is a 50-50-ish, terrific, dangerous matchup on a par with the possible Canelo contest.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most thought the Jacobs fight was a mis-match and look how that turned out. GGG has the chance to add another title. That has been his plan for awhile. As far as I know there it's no concrete deal for the Canelo fight on the table. Who's to say Golden Boy will keep their word for a September fight?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think secretly Golden Boy is hoping GGG fights Saunders as they already have Lemieux planned for September.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm asking the fans/forum, mate. I know why Golovkin wants the Billy Joe fight, I want to know why fans are desperate to watch a fight they consider a mismatch?Unless I've got it wrong of course, and everyone thinks Golovkin-Billy Joe is a 50-50-ish, terrific, dangerous matchup on a par with the possible Canelo contest.
    It has the potential to be a blinder. A homecoming in which GGG gets a chance to dot the i's and cross all the t's. If BJS is serious and focused, which I think he will be, he is fast and very gifted and will present new problems. Saunders biggest problem is lack of firepower but he can slip, feint and get in and out quicker and with more skill than anyone Golovkin has fought.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some fans want to see GGG get all the belts like he stated he wanted too. When was the last time you had someone do that and actually bring honor to the way the fight game is portrayed and do something historic? Not just using as a platform to launch their asinine persona, exploit the weight draining game, create their own weight divisions, manipulate state athletic commissions and drug testing agencies, etc and then brag about how their per fight revenue is historic. I'd rather watch someone whos underpaid, aspire to be the best than watch someone else cheat their way to an overpaid "win"

Unless there's a second cinco de mayo in September we never heard about, the timing issue is BS. Golden Boy sees how the lack of staying busy affected GGG's performance when they f*cked him around the first time. So its in their best interests to have him sit idle for over half a year before he fights cañelo who will have had his interim bout at that point. Fighters get injured in training too.. so maybe GGG shouldn't do any of that either. All of a sudden, Oscar is a marketing genius when everyone knows Schaeffer is the one who ran Golden Boy. Just waiting for oscar to choke one day, Whether its on his foot going in or the sh*t coming out of his mouth, I don't care which....
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm asking the fans/forum, mate. I know why Golovkin wants the Billy Joe fight, I want to know why fans are desperate to watch a fight they consider a mismatch?

Unless I've got it wrong of course, and everyone thinks Golovkin-Billy Joe is a 50-50-ish, terrific, dangerous matchup on a par with the possible Canelo contest.
    We get to see GGG stays busy in his homeland and gets paid not being ideal sitting waiting for the phone to ring from Oscar.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information