Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar rolling out the excuses already

Let GGG take care of his own business, just like Canelo is taking care of his. Canelo thinks the Junior fight is a gimme (otherwise he wouldn't have gone up to his real weight to take it).... but..... "careful what you wish for". For the first time in, well..... ever.... I'll be rooting for Junior to take Canelo's head off.

Canelo's moves are carefully orchestrated, with DLH as the conductor.
    GGG fights whomever, whenever, wherever.
    I just want to see Ginger Pubes crushed... I don't really care by whom.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You people are so f'n blinded by either love for GGG or hatefor Oscar/Canelo you ignore GGGs team is breaking boxing protocol and LYING.

Cut and paste this and you will seeLoeffler denying they are looking at a BJS fight, but now he is, he's f'n LYING and putting up roadblocks but everyone loves GGG so it doesn't matter how f'n often they lie. It's Pacquiao all over again

Loeffler: NO Truth To Golovkin vs. Saunders Rumors - Boxing News

The reason he's denying it ^ is because after GGGs fight and Canelo's fight they said they wanted to sign to fight Canelo in September. Now it's about this belt, it's about a fight in his "homeland". Does anyone believe they will fight in Kazakhstan? Russia is not his homeland. These people change their stories as often as I change my socks.

It is GGGs team saying no, 15 million isn't enough. No mention of how much is enough. It is GGGs team saying no, we need a percentage. No mention of what percentage? It is GGGs team saying no, we want to fight BJS first

How about blaming the team that keeps saying no? How about blaming the team we still have no clue what they want? How about blaming the team that even if they get exactly what they want apparently still sayno because they have to do this other thing now that they have been lying about for months?

I don't even want to see the fight. I think it's a terrible matchup. GGG does tremendous damage when people stop punching. Nobody takes more time off than Canelo, and he has slow feet to boot. But it's sickening watching the people saying no no no not take any blame. The people going against all boxing business practices taking no blame. If you want a Canelo fight sign a Canelo fight and stop f'n lying!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I frankly don't get your point. What exactly is it that irks you about Golovkin? He's fought all comers at 160, and has said since the beginning he wants to unify the titles. Saunders is currently the WBO middleweight champion, so it would seem obvious that GGG would want that fight. It's not like Canelo is waiting on the sidelines for the GGG fight. He's got his own fight, in May against Chavez Jr. I'm sure he only took it because he considers it a gimme, and I only hope that Junior comes in focused for this fight. What's the uproar about Golovkin then fighting BJS in June? I'm not sure I get it. Maybe you should look at the big picture, going back to when Canelo supposedly "called out" (cough, hack) GGG. I'm calling you out for the MW title, but you gotta come to 154 to get it. Pure B.S. I'm not sure even Canelo's immediate family have respect for him anymore. But back to GGG, what is he supposedly lying about? You don't think he wants Canelo? Do you think he should bow to De La Hoya's every goddamn whim? 'Cause I don't. GGG is the true MW champion of the world... and if Canelo wants him he knows where to find him. Also, quoting an article from back in January when things are so fluid in boxing seems a bit shortsighted, if you don't mind my saying so.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Oscar had only then to make an offer GGG can't refuse for september under the condition that he does postpone his fight against Billyboy later after the GGG-Canelo bout. It's not very complicated. If that doesn't happen, it's because Oscar is making excuses because he's afraid for the bread and butter of his company.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Well, Oscar had only then to make an offer GGG can't refuse for september under the condition that he does postpone his fight against Billyboy later after the GGG-Canelo bout. It's not very complicated. If that doesn't happen, it's because Oscar is making excuses because he's afraid for the bread and butter of his company.
    Yeah it's pretty simple really. You can't expect GGG to wait around on empty promises again. Send a signed contract.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no good reason why GGG cannot fight again before a Canelo fight before the year is out. They could easily schedule a fight for October/November time. GGG said he wants to stay busy, he already waited 7 months to fight Jacobs, and Canelo is the one who has always acted tough but run away each time. The spoiled brat can wait his turn for the beating he deserves.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    There is no good reason why GGG cannot fight again before a Canelo fight before the year is out. They could easily schedule a fight for October/November time. GGG said he wants to stay busy, he already waited 7 months to fight Jacobs, and Canelo is the one who has always acted tough but run away each time. The spoiled brat can wait his turn for the beating he deserves.
    And like I have said, if Oscar is worried about an injury, he only has to make an offer the GGG clan can't turn off for september under the condition he doesn't fight in the meantime. You just don't ask a fighter not to fight and let him unsure as if the big fight he's looking or will happen or not.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm asking the fans/forum, mate. I know why Golovkin wants the Billy Joe fight, I want to know why fans are desperate to watch a fight they consider a mismatch?

Unless I've got it wrong of course, and everyone thinks Golovkin-Billy Joe is a 50-50-ish, terrific, dangerous matchup on a par with the possible Canelo contest.
    Really we're talking about two guys who recently fought welterweights. Strictly showcases with the conclusion pretty much known before the bell. I can't knock a guy for wanting to at least clean the division house of anyone considered a 160 title holder. It may very well be Golovkin bluffing up his 'options' as we all know Canelo has no intention of fighting the very best at 154 and is hoping Chavez comes in half baked.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what the fuck you lot are waffling about.

All I said was... if they - Oscar and Tom Loeffler (GGG's promoter) - agree to a Canelo-GGG fight then taking a fight inbetween isn't right, regardless of how easy it's perceived to be, as there's always the chance of something going wrong. And unless you believe Billy Joe makes for a good, competitive match-up then why do you even care whether it takes place or not? You all complain about mismatches (rightly/understandably) yet want GGG to have a gimme just so he has four silly, shiny belts. Big deal.

Now none of that applies to @Beanz or anyone else that thinks Billy Joe is a good match for Golovkin. And considering Billy Joe is currently rated among the best middleweights in the world, then inturn it's a good fight to make.

I was never arguing that Golovkin/Tom Loeffler put their schedule on hold whilst Oscar decides whether or not they get the carrot. Of course not.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    They could easily schedule a fight for October/November time.
    Actually it's not as simple as that. There's only a certain number of dates available for venues and PPV TV slots. It's not a coincidence the big American PPVs are scheduled around Mexican holidays. Or why you don't see them right before or after Christmas or in the heart of the summer holidays or clashing with other major sporting events.
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-27-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I said was... if they - Oscar and Tom Loeffler (GGG's promoter) - agree to a Canelo-GGG fight then taking a fight inbetween isn't right, regardless of how easy it's perceived to be, as there's always the chance of something going wrong. And unless you believe Billy Joe makes for a good, competitive match-up then why do you even care whether it takes place or not? You all complain about mismatches (rightly/understandably) yet want GGG to have a gimme just so he has four silly, shiny belts. Big deal.

Now none of that applies to @Beanz or anyone else that thinks Billy Joe is a good match for Golovkin. And considering Billy Joe is currently rated among the best middleweights in the world, then inturn it's a good fight to make.

I was never arguing that Golovkin/Tom Loeffler put their schedule on hold whilst Oscar decides whether or not they get the carrot. Of course not.
    I agree with what you're saying to a point and I can see it makes perfect sense. I think the issue is that many people on this forum AND Loeffler promotions don't trust or believe De La Hoya or a word he says.
    Consequently GGG wants to stay busy and not put his life on hold waiting for GBP/Canelo.
    And you're right in so much that they can't arrange a fight and GGG continue to have one in between. So that begs the question why the fuck is De La Hoya mentioning anything to do with a GGG Matchup when Canelo already has a fight lined up with Chavez Jr. ?
    One thing I am going to throw out there, because "Boxing is a business", GBP Seem to think they have the upper hand when it comes to financial negotiations. I wonder if team GGG had ever looked at getting into bed with Sky/Matchroom to counter that?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De La Hoya says Golovkin must accept "generous" offer for Canelo fight » Boxing News

This is how DLH will keep GGG away from his cash cow. Pure and simple. Inflexible conditions, and ridiculous money splits. It's the classic way to duck someone without really "ducking" him. Except that everyone except for Canelo's blind fans will see right through the charade and see Team Canelo for the bunch of pussies they've always been. There's a history here. We're not talking some warrior who's made a career of fighting guys his own size or at their peak. So spare me the cheap philosophies regarding DLH's supposed strategies. The guy's dirt, and needs to stop using fishnets that are too tight on him, 'cause they're apparently affecting the blood flow to his brain.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought Jacobs was a bit of a mismatch prior to the bell myself. Granted BJS doesn't have the decent pop Jacobs has but a fighter has to have options at least open. I've always felt the more fully unified champions and fewer belt warmers we have the better. Canelo needs to push his promoter to back up his mouth because so far it rings as empty rhetoric. He has his own fight to get passed and here Oscar is throwing up what ifs about the guy they already ducked. Bit hypocritical. Agreeing and actually signing can be different and countless guys have taken interim bouts with very lucrative matches right around the corner. Oscar was already signed with a set network date watching Whitaker struggle with massive underdog Hurtado. Poor guy probably lost 5 lbs that night

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we are all pretty much in agreement here. If there is a signed contract in place then GGG should forget taking an interim fight. Until that happens tho GGG and Saunders should be is serious negotiations. Canelo and Golden Boy can't expect to hold up other divisions and other fighters with just mere talk. What's the bet that if a GGG-Saunders fight is announced that an offer/ contract will be sent just a little bit late? Forcing De La Hoya to stick to his "word" and pull the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

I agree with what you're saying to a point and I can see it makes perfect sense. I think the issue is that many people on this forum AND Loeffler promotions don't trust or believe De La Hoya or a word he says.
    Consequently GGG wants to stay busy and not put his life on hold waiting for GBP/Canelo.
    And you're right in so much that they can't arrange a fight and GGG continue to have one in between. So that begs the question why the fuck is De La Hoya mentioning anything to do with a GGG Matchup when Canelo already has a fight lined up with Chavez Jr. ?
    One thing I am going to throw out there, because "Boxing is a business", GBP Seem to think they have the upper hand when it comes to financial negotiations. I wonder if team GGG had ever looked at getting into bed with Sky/Matchroom to counter that?
    To be fair Osacr is talking about it because he gets asked about it a milion times a day, he's just answering questions. He also said in that interview - in the article that no-one read apart from me - that the promotion for the Golovkin fight starts immediately after Chavez Jr.

Golovkin/Tom Loeffler have never had a problem with accepting they're the B-side against Canelo. They're on record with that, they know Canelo is by far the bigger star (after doing such poor PPV numbers they probably wish they took the flat $10 million now).

Even if Golovkin/Tom Loeffler wanted to cut Matchroom/Sky a piece of the pie - why would they? - it's not a big fight in the UK among non-hardcore/nerds. It's not PPV, it's a middle of the night fight for the UK, neither are big stars (Canelo has the Latino market which is non-existent in Britain).

Thread Information