Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar rolling out the excuses already

The thing is just because Oscar says that didn't mean it's a guarantee. Remember they were to have interim fights before and then fight but that never happened. If they are so keen now to fight in September then provide a signed contract guaranteeing it. Otherwise talk is cheap.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I don't know what the fuck you lot are waffling about.

All I said was... if they - Oscar and Tom Loeffler (GGG's promoter) - agree to a Canelo-GGG fight then taking a fight inbetween isn't right, regardless of how easy it's perceived to be, as there's always the chance of something going wrong. And unless you believe Billy Joe makes for a good, competitive match-up then why do you even care whether it takes place or not? You all complain about mismatches (rightly/understandably) yet want GGG to have a gimme just so he has four silly, shiny belts. Big deal.

Now none of that applies to @Beanz or anyone else that thinks Billy Joe is a good match for Golovkin. And considering Billy Joe is currently rated among the best middleweights in the world, then inturn it's a good fight to make.

I was never arguing that Golovkin/Tom Loeffler put their schedule on hold whilst Oscar decides whether or not they get the carrot. Of course not.
    I agree with what you're saying to a point and I can see it makes perfect sense. I think the issue is that many people on this forum AND Loeffler promotions don't trust or believe De La Hoya or a word he says.
    Consequently GGG wants to stay busy and not put his life on hold waiting for GBP/Canelo.
    And you're right in so much that they can't arrange a fight and GGG continue to have one in between. So that begs the question why the fuck is De La Hoya mentioning anything to do with a GGG Matchup when Canelo already has a fight lined up with Chavez Jr. ?
    One thing I am going to throw out there, because "Boxing is a business", GBP Seem to think they have the upper hand when it comes to financial negotiations. I wonder if team GGG had ever looked at getting into bed with Sky/Matchroom to counter that?
    To be fair Osacr is talking about it because he gets asked about it a milion times a day, he's just answering questions. He also said in that interview - in the article that no-one read apart from me - that the promotion for the Golovkin fight starts immediately after Chavez Jr.

Golovkin/Tom Loeffler have never had a problem with accepting they're the B-side against Canelo. They're on record with that, they know Canelo is by far the bigger star (after doing such poor PPV numbers they probably wish they took the flat $10 million now).

Even if Golovkin/Tom Loeffler wanted to cut Matchroom/Sky a piece of the pie - why would they? - it's not a big fight in the UK among non-hardcore/nerds. It's not PPV, it's a middle of the night fight for the UK, neither are big stars (Canelo has the Latino market which is non-existent in Britain).
    Ok, so Oscar is asked about the fight. And he says promotion starts After the Chavez fight. But what if Canelo loses?
    What was Floyd's stock answer whenever he was asked about Boxer X,Y or Z? "I'm not looking past this fight."
    I wasn't talking about GGG/Loeffler cutting Matchroom a piece of the pie. I was talking about Matchroom taking Loeffler's slice.
    I believe that GGG Could easily be marketed by Sky/Matchroom as the no.1 fighter on the planet, as the beast from the East, etc. The Brits would definitely buy it if it was sold to them.
    It doesn't matter whether those statements are true or not, the Brits would buy it and be in awe of it.
    Hey, they bought Bellew v Haye and Bellew v Cleverley. They are marketing masters! And I don't think it'll be too big a problem that he's not a Brit.
    But you know what, I must be wrong otherwise they'd have put a pitch together by now!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So unlike you Primo, the Brits are gullible and stupid? Is that what you are saying?Are you simply admitting we are bigger boxing fans than you?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got no problem with GGG fighting BJS, it'd be an interesting fight, could GGG just steam into BJS and bang him out or would BJS skills keep him at bay and allow him to steal enough rounds to keep things interesting, plus GGG comes away with a silly, shiny belt and he has unified the division.

GBP have ducked and dived and avoided the fight for as long as they possibly could, I hate it when people just wave obscene amounts of money around and pretty much demand that everyone else dance to their tune, I'd be happy for GGG to tell GBP to fuck off for a few months as he has plans to win all the belts, it is basically saying to GBP and ginger pubes that they are not a priority and I think that would fuck them off more than anything else.

Either way BJS or Canelo they are two fights that I would definitely be watching so I wont complain either way.

far too many 3 letter names in there, GGG, GBP, BJS, FFS, WTF

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    So unlike you Primo, the Brits are gullible and stupid? Is that what you are saying?Are you simply admitting we are bigger boxing fans than you?
    Gullible yes, stupid is a matter of opinion, but anyone who PPV's Bellew v Haye or Cleverley is a definite contender for stupidity.
    If you think you're a bigger boxing fan, good for you , I wouldn't really know. I didn't realise it was a competition "who's the bigger boxing fan!"
    It's a bit like the old "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" syndrome.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gullible yes, stupid is a matter of opinion, but anyone who PPV's Bellew v Haye or Cleverley is a definite contender for stupidity.If you think you're a bigger boxing fan, good for you , I wouldn't really know. I didn't realise it was a competition "who's the bigger boxing fan!" It's a bit like the old "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" syndrome.
    Quite the opposite. Despite apparently living all your life in the UK you seem to consider yourself as being 'above' the average Brit. I don't think I am a bigger boxing fan, I assume everyone here is a huge boxing fan. I am just not ashamed of being British, and don't think what other people choose to spend their money on, is in any way relevant.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I think we spoke when Eubank did his shenanigans. There are a lot of different ways to turn down a fight. You don't have to say that you don't want the fight, but there are a lot of different ways to turn it down. Chris Eubank Sr. found another way, and Oscar has now mentioned three or four ways on the internet. I just have to allow [Golovkin's promoter] Tom [Loeffler] and the Golden Boy to come to an agreement and hopefully they will fight. They can make all of the excuses that they want, but the fact is Golovkin is ready and Canelo seems not to be," Sanchez told BaylorIC Worldwide-TV."....

Golovkin's Coach Reacts To De La Hoya's Position on June Fight - Boxing News
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it appears now that De La Hoya wants to use GGG's willingness to once again lay it all on the line in June in an effort to Unify as an excuse for Canelo not to fight him later in the year. Desperate much?

De La Hoya Warns: Golovkin Fighting in June Derails Canelo Bout! - Boxing News
    Oscar Mayer Wiener is desperate for some coke $$$ and fishnets, Beanz.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's plenty of time in between June and September to promote a fight. Oscar fought David Kamau on 14th June 1997 and then fought Hector Camacho on Mexican Independence weekend in September. Patrick Charpentier June the following year and then JCC on Independence Day weekend. Sturm and Hopkins in 2004 ffs.

So if Oscar really wanted to make the fight he could so it. It's Alvarez on Mexico's biggest day of the year. 90% of the PPV buys are going to know about it within days of the fight being announced. Putting the fight back till next year is a smart move though. Golovkin is starting to look like he's got a lot of miles on the clock and another fight or two wears him down even more. If I was Alvarez's promoter I'd be doing the same thing too.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gullible yes, stupid is a matter of opinion, but anyone who PPV's Bellew v Haye or Cleverley is a definite contender for stupidity.If you think you're a bigger boxing fan, good for you , I wouldn't really know. I didn't realise it was a competition "who's the bigger boxing fan!" It's a bit like the old "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" syndrome.
    Quite the opposite. Despite apparently living all your life in the UK you seem to consider yourself as being 'above' the average Brit. I don't think I am a bigger boxing fan, I assume everyone here is a huge boxing fan. I am just not ashamed of being British, and don't think what other people choose to spend their money on, is in any way relevant.
    So from me saying I wouldn't really know if I was a bigger boxing fan, you think I consider myself as being above the average Brit? I don't think I've ever said that. And let us not forget you brought up the question about who the bigger boxing fan was, now you "assume we're all huge boxing fans", so I don't know why the question in the first place?

all I said was if people want to buy Bellew v Haye or Bellew v Cleverley, or Eubank Jr. for that matter, then their sanity has to be questioned . that doesn't mean I deny them the right to spend their money however they want.
    the reason I feel passionately about the lack of value or worthiness of certain PPV's is because this is the tip of the Iceberg. You only have to look at Pro Soccer in the UK to see where it's going. I've already said that Brook v Spence for example, I wouldn't hesitate in paying for , but there are many others that are either not good value or not worthy.
    Finally, why should you be ashamed to be British? you seem to be a tad paranoid if I'm honest.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I think we spoke when Eubank did his shenanigans. There are a lot of different ways to turn down a fight. You don't have to say that you don't want the fight, but there are a lot of different ways to turn it down. Chris Eubank Sr. found another way, and Oscar has now mentioned three or four ways on the internet. I just have to allow [Golovkin's promoter] Tom [Loeffler] and the Golden Boy to come to an agreement and hopefully they will fight. They can make all of the excuses that they want, but the fact is Golovkin is ready and Canelo seems not to be," Sanchez told BaylorIC Worldwide-TV."....

Golovkin's Coach Reacts To De La Hoya's Position on June Fight - Boxing News
    Just having a butchers at the comments underneath that article and someone has actually said that there is more chance of Ginger Pubes getting injured against Chavez than there is GGG getting injured against BJS, they have a point and there is only what? 4 weeks between the fights, I can't see why both fights can't happen

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I've got no problem with GGG fighting BJS, it'd be an interesting fight, could GGG just steam into BJS and bang him out or would BJS skills keep him at bay and allow him to steal enough rounds to keep things interesting, plus GGG comes away with a silly, shiny belt and he has unified the division.

GBP have ducked and dived and avoided the fight for as long as they possibly could, I hate it when people just wave obscene amounts of money around and pretty much demand that everyone else dance to their tune, I'd be happy for GGG to tell GBP to fuck off for a few months as he has plans to win all the belts, it is basically saying to GBP and ginger pubes that they are not a priority and I think that would fuck them off more than anything else.

Either way BJS or Canelo they are two fights that I would definitely be watching so I wont complain either way.

far too many 3 letter names in there, GGG, GBP, BJS, FFS, WTF
    I think GGG fight and beating BJS would be the best case scenario for the sport (not that BJS couldnt win). Its the perfect way to expose the hypocrisy of boxing politics and make a point how stupid it is for people to talk about money draws and star power when you have oscar and canelo whining after already having given up their belt and still claiming theyre the best middleweight in the world While another fighter has every belt and took on everyone. its the perfect background for Team canelo too look stupid when they are making mayweather-esque demands on fighting time tables, and weight, and gloves and other nonsense. Oscar is doing everything he can to try to have everyone see canelo as the next mayweather so canelo can make these one sided deals and Oscar can control that. The boxing world needs to get turned on its ear every once in a while to keep it fresh and stop bad trends from becoming bad traditions.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So from me saying I wouldn't really know if I was a bigger boxing fan, you think I consider myself as being above the average Brit? I don't think I've ever said that. And let us not forget you brought up the question about who the bigger boxing fan was, now you "assume we're all huge boxing fans", so I don't know why the question in the first place?

all I said was if people want to buy Bellew v Haye or Bellew v Cleverley, or Eubank Jr. for that matter, then their sanity has to be questioned . that doesn't mean I deny them the right to spend their money however they want.
    the reason I feel passionately about the lack of value or worthiness of certain PPV's is because this is the tip of the Iceberg. You only have to look at Pro Soccer in the UK to see where it's going. I've already said that Brook v Spence for example, I wouldn't hesitate in paying for , but there are many others that are either not good value or not worthy.
    Finally, why should you be ashamed to be British? you seem to be a tad paranoid if I'm honest.
    So now people are insane ?

I am a bit ashamed to be British today to be honest

Come off it you are always having a dig at the Brits for being mugs etc. There have always been crooks in Boxing. It is the nature of it. I know what you are saying but without wanting to make you into a cynical old man it isn't about to become a shiny reputable transparent business any day soon and it it did you might actually find it over sanitised. Hearn takes the p*ss, Frank takes the p*ss, Khan takes the p*ss, Oscar takes the p*ss, Bob Arum takes the P*ss, I see Judges, refs, promoters, small clubs, big clubs, venues, (editors ) the public, and everyone take the p*ss all the time. Embrace it or rail against it ( and I support you railing against it if it makes you feel better) they will still take the p*ss. Just enjoy those that don't.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren has given GGG a deadline to sign the contract for Saunders. Has to be done this week. Golovkin's team has been saying all along they want to unify all the belts so here is their opportunity.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Schaefer says there's not enough time to promote a September GGG-Canelo PPV if Golovkin takes the June Billy Joe fight.

The GGG-Jacobs PPV - which everyone thinks was a massive failure at 170,000 buys - made $5 million. A free HBO card would have paid a maximum of half that for the fight. And people wonder why fighters, broadcasters and promoters are tripping over themselves trying to make everything PPV.

Last edited by Fenster; 03-30-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information