0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jeff horn.

So your going to give Pac a pass?

Who the hell is jeff Horn?

Cherry picking at its finest..

There's Thurman, Khan, Spence, Porter, Berto, Garcia..etc

Let's not ignore this one..Arum is squeezing every last drop from Mr Pacman.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jeff horn.

MANNY Pacquiao must decide this week whether he will fight Jeff Horn at Suncorp Stadium on July 2 or the deal will collapse according to his promoter Bob Arum.

While Horn continues to train for the fight in 12 weeks he is waiting anxiously for Pacquiao to finally put pen to paper after the cancellation of their proposed April 23 fight at the same venue.

The pair appeared set to clash in the most expensive Australian bout ever before the Filipino world champ went hunting instead for a fanciful $49 million purse apparently offered by promoters in the United Arab Emirates.

That deal quickly collapsed and Horn said he was “extremely frustrated’’ by the drawn-out process.

“I just want the fight to happen,’’ he said.

“I’m training for it but not training super hard yet because Manny still hasn’t signed.

“It’s a waiting game and it’s taking a lot longer than I thought.’’

Arum said this week that Pacquiao must decide in the next few days to take the fight and a rumoured purse in excess of $10 million.

The promoter told reporter Nick Giongco of the Manila Bulletin that he is in constant touch with Pacquiao, through the world welterweight champ’s Canadian adviser Mike Koncz.

Arum said he wants Pacquiao to make his decision, stressing that the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council, who are backing the event, won’t keep their money on the table forever.

As Arum predicted, Pacquiao’s proposed UAE fight with England’s Amir Khan fell apart when backers could not produce a guarantee for the massive purse.

Arum has wanted Pacquiao to fight in Brisbane since the fight was first mooted in December but Pacquiao appears reluctant to travel to enemy territory to tackle the rugged schoolteacher who is the No. 2 contender for his WBO title.

Arum told Giongco: “If we can’t get a fight for (Pacquiao) this July, we’ll look at November.

There are offers for Pacquiao to fight in November in Qatar and South Africa — against the No. 13 contender, Chris Van Heerden.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3 year pro who's never gone 12 and biggest wins were over two forty year olds. Seems to have good attitude and drive though. It really is a golden opportunity for him very little to lose. Manny on the other hand has to look 100 percent and I don't think Arum has any intention of taking on "real" threat. He's scrapping the marrow from Manny.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care a whole lot at this point because pac is basically done. He isn't in the spotlight anymore. I definitely won't order it if it's PPV, but if it's available, I'll watch it.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think Pacquiao should be targeting the other top welters. Thurman should be his top priority in my opinion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I also think Pacquiao should be targeting the other top welters. Thurman should be his top priority in my opinion.
    Supposedly, it's Horn in July and then hopefully Thurman in November.We shall see.A highly motivated young gun could make an aging Pac work for his money, but Horn is really unheralded at the world class level.He beat an old Randall Bailey. That's all I know about him.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Supposedly, it's Horn in July and then hopefully Thurman in November.We shall see.A highly motivated young gun could make an aging Pac work for his money, but Horn is really unheralded at the world class level.He beat an old Randall Bailey. That's all I know about him.
    Bailey dropped him in the 3rd but he can really crack so no shame there.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is an Arum lie, he will not let Manny fight any non-Top Rank fighter that is dangerous. Thurman would be very dangerous.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is an Arum lie, he will not let Manny fight any non-Top Rank fighter that is dangerous. Thurman would be very dangerous.
    The Pac-Arum relationship has seemed strained for the last few years. Arum is probably looking to cash him out at some point; and if Pac wins then he can milk him a little further.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Pac-Arum relationship has seemed strained for the last few years. Arum is probably looking to cash him out at some point; and if Pac wins then he can milk him a little further.
    Win-Win which is the way Arum like it and a sign of a good but evil promoter.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly I think Arum has been honest in this instance. I read him saying he has no interest in matching Pacquiao against Thurman, Garcia or Spence. I will try to find it.

Edit-no interest in unification
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/03/...n-brook-spence
    Last edited by Master; 04-04-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum's explanation doesn't make sense. He doesn't want to match Pac with those guys because Thurman & Garcia fought cautiously? Brook & Spence haven't even fought yet. Pac needs to get in the mix to stay relevant. A Horn fight is only good for Arum as it's an in house fight. So fans wanting to see unifications and the top guys against each other means we are schmucks?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum's explanation doesn't make sense. He doesn't want to match Pac with those guys because Thurman & Garcia fought cautiously? Brook & Spence haven't even fought yet. Pac needs to get in the mix to stay relevant. A Horn fight is only good for Arum as it's an in house fight. So fans wanting to see unifications and the top guys against each other means we are schmucks?
    Other than Floyd, Manny with Arum have always fought Top Rank fighters he will never unify against the others champs with their promoters.

Thread Information