Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: El Jackal or High tech at catch?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default El Jackal or High tech at catch?

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: El Jackal or High tech at catch?

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lomachenko is going to make Rigo work....and then some. He is not going to overthink it (more pure instinct) and that for me is the key to dismantling Rigo's defensive brilliance. Shorter night than expected. KO for Loma halfway.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, what a world class skilled fight, can you even think of a better fight in terms of boxing skill?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I would have to favor Loma at this stage. Rigo has always seemed less sturdy. It would be an intriguing fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I admire the punching power of Loma, just enough to back up the skill he has cultivated and Rigo has the speed to match the power of Loma. That night I suspect will not be so much about power which Loma possesses but the ability to deliver it against the speed and skill of Rigo who can also hurt someone with his incredible combination and reflex actions. Well I just gave myself away because what are the odds of having two sets of fighters I consider myself a fan of. My wish is that there is an obvious draw because of past performances so my predictions are tainted except for the fact that if both come in well trained we will be entertained. In the meantime someone ought to visit their PR people and beat the cap out of them for ignoring us fans.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Respect to both guys. I however think its the wrong fight For Rigo. Especially if we are talking about Loma rehydrating to his normal weight. The reason I say this is because Loma's use of angles and footwork. Rigo looks great against bombers that stalk and try to walk him down as they wind up sitting in front of him. His speed gets him there first, he drops a combo and hes in the wind, forcing sluggers to reset. I truly believe Donaire did himself a huge disservice in trying to walk Rigo down instead of using the movement he's capable of. Donaire lost his art in search of KO's and Rigo made him look almost less than ordinary. But in watching Rigo, you start to notice that in the times hes been knocked down, it's when the angle changed on him through no design of his own. In both instances, he gets turned around and never reorients himself before getting clipped. So in a fight with someone like Loma, who forces these kind of situations just going through the paces of his style, working these inside angles and punches along with the explosiveness of his short range punching, it could spell disaster for Rigo as Loma probably won't have any trouble keeping up with him as he works his way around the ring.
    Last edited by J_Undisputed; 04-22-2017 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Grammar, typos were horrible.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cannot think of a wider mentality gap and approach between two of the better fighters going today. I can honestly see Rigo maybe being gradually overwhelmed in a second half after some initial superb chest playing though. Sad to say I have a feeling Rigo will go down as one of those always gloriously talked about in hindsight more than he was 'allowed' to show in the ring. Such a massive contrast in how they have both been treated by networks, promotions and basic all around respect. Damn shame really.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

??

Did I miss something? Isn't Rigo scheduled to fight some other dude in June? If these two ever do fight... with Rigo being 37 by that time, and coming up in weight (significant at that weight).... forget about it. A relatively easy scalp for Lomachenko. A smart way to accumulate names, but not equal to the tests he'll hopefully face once he's passed the 10-pro fight mark.

Thread Information