Thread: The Wlad that lost to AJ would've crushed Fury like a cheap tin can

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wlad that lost to AJ would've crushed Fury like a cheap tin can

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Won't it'll be shit, throws himself on the floor anytime he fights anyone who throws punches back

Only way he'll beat them is if the fight is in Germany and he's allowed to hold like fuck

Sounds shit to me , just like the last 10 years
    I get that you don't like Wlad but what u wanna know is, did Nige enjoy the fight?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yeah great going forward , clearly had put the effort in a wanted to win

Just bottled it when punches came back

Did aj even land in the first knock down?
    He certainly landed in the 11th. That was a brutal array of punches he took.
    He landed a couple in the 11th, uppercut was good

Name me a significant hw champ ever that wouldn't have weathered that
    Very few maybe Vitali, Foreman or Ali but not many more.
    Breazeli, whyte are a couple more
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Won't it'll be shit, throws himself on the floor anytime he fights anyone who throws punches back

Only way he'll beat them is if the fight is in Germany and he's allowed to hold like fuck

Sounds shit to me , just like the last 10 years
    I get that you don't like Wlad but what u wanna know is, did Nige enjoy the fight?
    I think he did but he looks just like the ref

Only Nige is white

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Fact is this: The best ever version of Fury won a razor thin decision against the worst ever version of Wlad. Wlad hardly through a right hand in 12 rounds. Any other version of Wlad smokes Fury.

Fact 2: Last night was one of the best versions of Wlad I have seen, he hasn't fought like that for 15 years.

Not so much a fact: Despite showing amazing heart and that he can go into the late rounds, I still think AJ is massively overrated and will get sparked at some stage. I guess eh is lucky that the HW division is only marginally better than it has been for the past 15 years, i.e that he doesn't have to face a Vitali, Lennox, Holyfield, Bower etc.
    Agreed other than saying that Fury won a razor thin decision against wlad. He easily beat wlad.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow... tough crowd here.

I've been as much a Wlad hater through the years as anyone here. But credit where it's due. Wlad obviously put himself into shape like never before. He always comes to fight in shape, but I'm talking mental shape here. Also, the weight was indicative that he was on a mission. Last night he didnt' clinch... he didn't maul... he didn't foul... he didn't cower from contact and engagement... AND... he put AJ through the wringer.

Yes... now we're all looking forward to AJ vs Wilder. But let's learn to enjoy what we've just seen, gentlemen. Let's appreciate the fact that

this is the first time in DECADES that we've seen a totally entertaining heavyweight fight.

Obviously, this is due mainly to Wlad himself, thus my total disdain for his long reign. But for one big fight last night, he put those other crappy fights aside and gave his fans a great effort and totally fan-friendly fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Styles make fights and Fury won the fight inside and outside the ring against Wlad, he would do it again.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury beat wlad coz he was good enough to throw punches back at him and big enough to avoid the clinch

Aj beat wlad coz he was good enough to throw punches back at him

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Wow... tough crowd here.

I've been as much a Wlad hater through the years as anyone here. But credit where it's due. Wlad obviously put himself into shape like never before. He always comes to fight in shape, but I'm talking mental shape here. Also, the weight was indicative that he was on a mission. Last night he didnt' clinch... he didn't maul... he didn't foul... he didn't cower from contact and engagement... AND... he put AJ through the wringer.

Yes... now we're all looking forward to AJ vs Wilder. But let's learn to enjoy what we've just seen, gentlemen. Let's appreciate the fact that

this is the first time in DECADES that we've seen a totally entertaining heavyweight fight.

Obviously, this is due mainly to Wlad himself, thus my total disdain for his long reign. But for one big fight last night, he put those other crappy fights aside and gave his fans a great effort and totally fan-friendly fight.
    The fight was surprisingly very entertaining. This is the best wlad has looked in years. Even though he is older, I don't think that even in his prime he was going to fight a better fight than he did. I credit wlad a ton for having heart in this fight. He could have easily folded but fought his way back.

Still my main problem is that even with a few more decent people in the division, it's still pretty awful.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    First things first.

YESSSS!!!

Finally!!! A heavyweight fight worth watching!! F*ck yeah!!! People can get excited about the division again. @Freedom !! Your dogged support of your HW thread has paid off at last!! Damn!... that was a good fight!!

Sorry... I'll stop with the double exclamation marks now. I'm just happy as shit.

@El Kabong ..... wherever you are. Hold your head up high. Wlad won more fans in a losing effort tonight than he ever won in his previous 10 years of fighting. He fought like a MAN this time. No fouling... no clinching. He went out and gave AJ a run for his money. He had AJ in trouble, and had AJ not reacted like the champ he is, Wlad would've pulled off the upset.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. Had Wlad fought Fury like he fought AJ, he would've crushed him like a cheap tin can. The Wlad that fought Fury was meek... scared... gun-shy. Pissed me off (again). But against AJ, Wlad came out firing. Using his potent jab... using his boxing skills to keep AJ at bay some of the time. He came off the canvas (thousand kudos to him for that) to put down AJ in the very next round.

DAMN... what a fight!!!

I don't think Wlad can win a rematch with AJ, but I think Wlad can beat either Fury or Wilder at this point in time.
    Wladimir has always been a class act in and out of the ring whether he wins or looses.

I'm not upset or disappointed with the fight, I'm glad Wlad got a few more people seeing what I always knew that he had in him....heart, tenacity, guts...you don't rule a division for so long without those attributes.

Props to AJ for weathering the storm, I hope that he has a great career ahead of him. He too is a very classy fighter.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has been a crap champ, style based on holding and home advantage

As a boxing fan I dunno how anyone can be happy with his reign, it's been aweful

And finally it's over, thank fuck
    Wlad could be back and if he fights like he did last night then it will be good.
    One fight does not make up for all those hug fests

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Wlad that fought AJ beats Fury also but like others have said styles make fights. Tyson is very awkward and had the size to go alongside it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    He has been a crap champ, style based on holding and home advantage

As a boxing fan I dunno how anyone can be happy with his reign, it's been aweful

And finally it's over, thank fuck
    Wlad could be back and if he fights like he did last night then it will be good.
    One fight does not make up for all those hug fests

No it doesn't.
    But remember first and last impressions.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah great going forward , clearly had put the effort in a wanted to win

Just bottled it when punches came back

Did aj even land in the first knock down?
    He certainly landed in the 11th. That was a brutal array of punches he took.
    He landed a couple in the 11th, uppercut was good

Name me a significant hw champ ever that wouldn't have weathered that
    That's why James Toney should never be mocked. Nothing AJ threw would have bothered James Toney. He would have weathered it with ease, stuck his tongue out in cheeky defiance and countered several times too. Wlad doesn't seem to know what to do when a fighter unleashes combinations. I guess he knows that chin cannot take it, so he gets flustered while it happens. Doesn't really throw anything back when pressed like that.

Thread Information