Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so absolute

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so absolute

You knock a guy down and you automatically given a 10-8 round, regardless if the opponent gets the better of you during the same round.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so abso

Yeah it should've been 10-9 AJ. Wlad clearly had AJ reeling toward the end of the round.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vlad losing round 5 10-8 is why scoring rounds need to be adjusted & not so abso

That's just how boxing scoring is. In reality, it was an even round without the knockdown. AJ dominated the first half while wlad dominated the second half. The knockdown makes it a 10-8 round. Wlad did not dominate the whole round and therefore did not deserve a 10-9 scorecard.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The scoring was absurd and no way was AJ winning that fight on points at the time it was stopped.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree, Wlad was ahead going into the 11th but even had he made it through the 11th, he would then have been a couple behind.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The scoring was perfectly fine, there were several coin flip rounds, and as this thread shows, people are undecided whether a single round was 10-9 or 10-8.

The Showtime bods had AJ in front going into the 11th and they scored the 5th 10-9.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should have been 9-9

Wlad won round 10-9
    Wlad loses point for Knockdown 9-9

Boxing is the most retarded scoring based sport in history.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Should have been 9-9

Wlad won round 10-9

10 point must system means it must be scored 10 points.
    Last edited by Master; 05-01-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had AJ 6-4 at the time of the stoppage. I was surprised that anybody had wlad winning. Most rounds were pretty clear who was in control.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I had AJ 6-4 at the time of the stoppage. I was surprised that anybody had wlad winning. Most rounds were pretty clear who was in control.
    No the rounds were close and I had Wlad in front. AJ was visibly tired and Wlad had the better accuracy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    No the rounds were close and I had Wlad in front. AJ was visibly tired and Wlad had the better accuracy.
    Only in the mid rounds. AJ was in control the first few rounds, then lost a few, then got back in control. He got his second wind at about the 9th round and controlled it until the KO.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought wlad had won more rounds than aj and was surprised at the scoring
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Think AJ got a few rounds in the beginning where Vlad was trying to feel him out. Then the knock down punctuated it. Aj wore himself out trying to close and looked like he was going to drop from exhaustion. (Carrying that much bulk around with you and swinging big wears you out) Vlad poured it on .. So i thought 10-9 AJ for that round. After that Aj took a few rounds off where he stalked but only threw in flurrying counter opportunities because you could tell he was was trying to get his wind back (hence the spitting of the mouthpiece). Finally he got his second wind and Vlad was starting to slide because of him being worn out. From there it was only a matter of time , Aj throws in combos and Vlad was going straight back with his lead arm extended looking for a lazy clinch.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I Think AJ got a few rounds in the beginning where Vlad was trying to feel him out. Then the knock down punctuated it. Aj wore himself out trying to close and looked like he was going to drop from exhaustion. (Carrying that much bulk around with you and swinging big wears you out) Vlad poured it on .. So i thought 10-9 AJ for that round. After that Aj took a few rounds off where he stalked but only threw in flurrying counter opportunities because you could tell he was was trying to get his wind back (hence the spitting of the mouthpiece). Finally he got his second wind and Vlad was starting to slide because of him being worn out. From there it was only a matter of time , Aj throws in combos and Vlad was going straight back with his lead arm extended looking for a lazy clinch.
    I thought Wlad started better and hurt AJ with a good right hand to gain AJ's respect. When AJ went full attack mode like 5th and 11th round he looked fearsome

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Should have been 9-9

Wlad won round 10-9

10 point muxt system means it must be scored 10 points.
    I don't think that's strictly true. For example, what would've happened if Wlad had floored AJ In the 5th as well?
    Would it then be 9-9?

Thread Information