Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So who are the current top 5 HWs? (in order)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So who are the current top 5 HWs? (in order)

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    AJ
    Klitschko
    Povetkin
    Ortiz
    Pulev

Joseph Parker really isn't that good, he received a home gift decision over Takam. Wilder has avoided all the decent HWs.

Tyson Fury is very good, but because of his personal problems and inactivity, I didn't include him.
    Povetkin had his chance to fight Wilder and took drugs. He should not be on your list.
    I agree. If Fury is out then Povetkin should be too until he beats a contender to get rated again. Same with Browne. I had Parker drawing with both Takam and Ruiz.
    u wot m8.. povetkin has been beating contenders steadily since wlad wrestled him to defeat, it was only late last year when he ko'd duhaupass and he is due to fight again in july... The only reason not to include povetkin would be his dodgy record with drug tests :S well and if you dont rate him that highly of course :S I do rate povetkin very highly but he is ageing now and the doping means I wouldnt have him top 5 anymore.

I would also not rank fury right now due to him semi retiring and I think the personal problems are pretty closely, linked to his potential doping ban..#

so with these two missing my top 5 would look pretty much the same as everyone elses so i will try to include some different names and try to justify them for fun :S

joshua
    wladimir
    pulev
    Ortiz
    Tom Schwarz :S

I am skeptical about ortiz and i think pulev would win a decision over him.. I am not sure if ortiz should be top 5 hopefully we get to see more of him soon before he ages anymore :S
    Since his failed test Povetkin has only beaten Duhaupas and that was on short notice. I still don't even know how that fight was allowed to take place seeing as Povetkin had just failed his 2nd drug test. The WBC has banned him indefinitely although Povetkin will be able to request that it be lifted after a year of negative tests for banned substances. So for me Povetkin is out until he competes again in a fight sanctioned by one of the governing bodies.

I'd rate Takam and Ruiz far ahead of a prospect like Schwarz.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    AJ
    Klitschko
    Povetkin
    Ortiz
    Pulev

Joseph Parker really isn't that good, he received a home gift decision over Takam. Wilder has avoided all the decent HWs.

Tyson Fury is very good, but because of his personal problems and inactivity, I didn't include him.
    Povetkin had his chance to fight Wilder and took drugs. He should not be on your list.
    I agree. If Fury is out then Povetkin should be too until he beats a contender to get rated again. Same with Browne. I had Parker drawing with both Takam and Ruiz.
    u wot m8.. povetkin has been beating contenders steadily since wlad wrestled him to defeat, it was only late last year when he ko'd duhaupass and he is due to fight again in july... The only reason not to include povetkin would be his dodgy record with drug tests :S well and if you dont rate him that highly of course :S I do rate povetkin very highly but he is ageing now and the doping means I wouldnt have him top 5 anymore.

I would also not rank fury right now due to him semi retiring and I think the personal problems are pretty closely, linked to his potential doping ban..#

so with these two missing my top 5 would look pretty much the same as everyone elses so i will try to include some different names and try to justify them for fun :S

joshua
    wladimir
    pulev
    Ortiz
    Tom Schwarz :S

I am skeptical about ortiz and i think pulev would win a decision over him.. I am not sure if ortiz should be top 5 hopefully we get to see more of him soon before he ages anymore :S
    Since his failed test Povetkin has only beaten Duhaupas and that was on short notice. I still don't even know how that fight was allowed to take place seeing as Povetkin had just failed his 2nd drug test. The WBC has banned him indefinitely although Povetkin will be able to request that it be lifted after a year of negative tests for banned substances. So for me Povetkin is out until he competes again in a fight sanctioned by one of the governing bodies.

I'd rate Takam and Ruiz far ahead of a prospect like Schwarz.
    well i would not include povetkin in any forum rankings either but I wouldn;t say his omission from my ranking is due to inactivity like fury, povetkin is still pretty active, maybe i misunderstood why you dont include povetkin.

anyway I included tom schwarz to make the list a bit different but I do think he has some good things going for him, he is only 22 and getting better, he is tall, good right hand too and pretty strong, him v Takam would be a good match up for him next year i think..

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it wasn't for his failed drug tests Povetkin would be right up there for me. Schwarz is decent but has been very inactive in his career thus far. If heard he now has a new promoter so hopefully he can start getting some momentum going.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it wasn't for his failed drug tests Povetkin would be right up there for me. Schwarz is decent but has been very inactive in his career thus far. If heard he now has a new promoter so hopefully he can start getting some momentum going.
    I was so looking forward to Wilder v Povetkin but he let himself down with the positive drug test. He should be banned for life.

Russian's and drug testing is now a stereotype. The whole country is corrupt and the state support cheating.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was so looking forward to Wilder v Povetkin but he let himself down with the positive drug test. He should be banned for life.

Russian's and drug testing is now a stereotype. The whole country is corrupt and the state support cheating.
    Wilder gets a bad rap but he did travel there and was prepared to fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I know I was criticising Povetkin.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No no I wasn't meaning it against you. It's just Wilder gets sh-t for fight all these voluntaries, and rightly so for most of it. But he did fly over to Russia and looked set to face his mandatory in Povetkin.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No no I wasn't meaning it against you. It's just Wilder gets sh-t for fight all these voluntaries, and rightly so for most of it. But he did fly over to Russia and looked set to face his mandatory in Povetkin.
    I concur, not that I think all of wilders defences are as bad as they have been made out to be but wilder does seem like the sort of guy who really wants to take anyone on, he sounds very convincing when he is calling guys out, which he regulary does, I think he would take on anyone but his managers dont want that yet. I like wilder I just dont think he is particulary great.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Fury's are Russian ?

Thread Information