Thread: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th. (Apologise to Fishnets. Cretins) Fact.

Bear in mind Canelo was 21 when they sparred

Doug Fischers report of the sparring

https://www.ringtv.com/499961-gym-no...CUTCco.twitter
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin-Canelo OFFICIAL!!!- Sept 16th. (Apologise to Fishnets. Cretins) Fact.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Foregone conclusion" does it for me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Canelo's weight hoping has been annoying but being the star he can get away with it.
    I'll respectfully disagree with this. He can get away with it from those fans who'll give him a free pass on just about anything... but not the rest of the boxing world. The "weight hopping" isn't just randomly wanting to fight at different weights. It's been a carefully orchestrated skipping over the 160 division to avoid "you-know-who".
    So he has been able to get away with it?

Saunders has only fought 1 guy since winning his belt in December 2015. Jacobs beat Quillin in December 2015 and has only fought the rematch with Mora before the GGG fight. Since the Cotto fight Canelo has fought Khan, Smith and Chavez. Canelo's activity and opposition is arguably better than the other 2 in that time.

I hope the first sentence isn't a veiled view that any of the other middleweights have been avoiding GGG. I'll choose to believe it wasn't. The next sentence mentions Khan, Smith, and Chavez. Ok, so in terms of pure activity, that's 3 fights versus one or two for the other guys. But "better opposition"? Really? Canelo's fight vs Khan was akin to a bull and a bullfighter if you take away the bullfighter's sword. It was only going to be a matter of time. A circus act. A blown-up WW who took leave of his senses long enough to think he could fight a man twice as big as he. Then he took leave of his senses again in the 6th round. Chavez? Junior turned out to be exactly what boxing experts said he would be.... a glorified punching bag at the end of his ride on his daddy's name. So once again I'll have to disagree on quality of opposition.
    So you think Mora and Akavov amount to better opposition than Khan, Smith and Chavez?

The thing everyone is not mentioning is that Canelo has agreed to the fight something Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, Quillin and Saunders haven't done.

Martinez is at the end of his career and visibly shot. Cotto was undersized even to fight Canelo. Why on Earth would he fight GGG? Saunders was set to fight GGG, but the hype job that is Team Canelo threw a hissy fit and that fight was scrapped.
    So your happy to give Martinez and Cotto passes?

Canelo's rise to stardom has been a meticulously put together exercise in blatant promotion. His recent conquests include:

- Alfonso Gomez of "The Contender" fame

- Over-the-hill Shane Mosley

- Tiny Josesito Lopez

- A gift decision over Erislandy Lara

- The much smaller Cotto

- The even SMALLER Khan

- Punching bag with the famous name, Junior

Somewhere in between, everyone thought he was ready to contend for world's p4p, and put him in there with Floyd.
    We all know how THAT turned out

Golovkin BEFORE fighting at 165 would've been his chance to shut all of us critics up. But no... he decided to hop-skip-jump over 160 and go directly to 165 to fight Junior. Besides... there's no way he can keep starving himself pretending to be too small for middleweight. It's like the 200-pound woman who insists on wearing skinny jeans and asking how do I look.
    All that and GGG is still dying to fight him. Why would he bother fighting such a fraud? If he really wanted to enhance his legacy he would be re-matching Jacobs or taking the Saunders fight to unify all the belts. Again no one held a gun to GGG's head and forced him to take this fight.
    Now we all know promotion and network would have no part in that and have been salivating as they force feed Canelo to fans as the next middleweight coming. The simple fact is up until now Canelo refused to backup his mouth and played the long con, Golovkin is guilty of nothing but trying to clean up his house, beating a viable legitimate middleweight lt heavyweight threat and stepping up to any lost boys knocking on his door and geared in his direction. It's a me thing but to consider Canelo an accomplished middleweight by winning a watered down cw lineal title and thumping on a disinterested heavy bag last out is funny stuff.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this fight will be a lot more competitive than many are seeing it.

I don't really care too much for Canelo as I too think he took his time getting to GGG. But I do disagree with the double standards afforded to others.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really care too much for Canelo as I too think he took his time getting to GGG. But I do disagree with the double standards afforded to others.

Oh it'll be competitive for awhile. As much as I can't stand Ginger's hype machine and Ginger's doting, fishnets-wearing promoter, Canelo isn't going to be the stationary target Junior was for him. It'll be a fan-friendly fight for as long as it lasts. Eventually GGG will cave him in, and it'll be over. Just saw in The Fight Game where Oscar was quoted as saying this was the biggest fight in boxing history. Good thing Max Kellerman was there to dump the ridicule on the comment that it deserves.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Oh it'll be competitive for awhile. As much as I can't stand Ginger's hype machine and Ginger's doting, fishnets-wearing promoter, Canelo isn't going to be the stationary target Junior was for him. It'll be a fan-friendly fight for as long as it lasts. Eventually GGG will cave him in, and it'll be over. Just saw in The Fight Game where Oscar was quoted as saying this was the biggest fight in boxing history. Good thing Max Kellerman was there to dump the ridicule on the comment that it deserves.
    Canelo isn't going to be the stationary target Junior was for him. Do you not been GGG? Who cares about the promoters, GGG's promoters is no winner either? All your energy is wasted and misdirected as if you are crushing on ODLH and he let you down. GGG did nothing special to warrant the fight sooner. GGG has stayed in his comfort lane and going as low to fight welterweight Brooke. Let's keep it real

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Chavez was a lab test for Canelo to see how much over the 160 weight limit he could/ should balloon to after the weigh in and have all his faculties intact to fight GGG with maximum effect. After all he has never had to weigh in above 155 and then fight a true 160 pound fighter. The Chavez fight needs no more boring posts. It what's a tune-up for the GGG fight. Where as Jacob's was a tune-up fight for GGG. Only thing is GGG was the one that look like he had holes in his game fight. I had Jacobs winning or a draw at worst. GGG's last two fights show he just may be over hyped. I am beginning to like the Canelo's (also hyped) chances better. Especially with his personal weight test vs Chavez over. That's all Chavez was: a high paying weight test for GGG fight.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Canelo's weight hoping has been annoying but being the star he can get away with it.
    I'll respectfully disagree with this. He can get away with it from those fans who'll give him a free pass on just about anything... but not the rest of the boxing world. The "weight hopping" isn't just randomly wanting to fight at different weights. It's been a carefully orchestrated skipping over the 160 division to avoid "you-know-who".
    So he has been able to get away with it?

Saunders has only fought 1 guy since winning his belt in December 2015. Jacobs beat Quillin in December 2015 and has only fought the rematch with Mora before the GGG fight. Since the Cotto fight Canelo has fought Khan, Smith and Chavez. Canelo's activity and opposition is arguably better than the other 2 in that time.

I hope the first sentence isn't a veiled view that any of the other middleweights have been avoiding GGG. I'll choose to believe it wasn't. The next sentence mentions Khan, Smith, and Chavez. Ok, so in terms of pure activity, that's 3 fights versus one or two for the other guys. But "better opposition"? Really? Canelo's fight vs Khan was akin to a bull and a bullfighter if you take away the bullfighter's sword. It was only going to be a matter of time. A circus act. A blown-up WW who took leave of his senses long enough to think he could fight a man twice as big as he. Then he took leave of his senses again in the 6th round. Chavez? Junior turned out to be exactly what boxing experts said he would be.... a glorified punching bag at the end of his ride on his daddy's name. So once again I'll have to disagree on quality of opposition.
    So you think Mora and Akavov amount to better opposition than Khan, Smith and Chavez?

The thing everyone is not mentioning is that Canelo has agreed to the fight something Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, Quillin and Saunders haven't done.

Martinez is at the end of his career and visibly shot. Cotto was undersized even to fight Canelo. Why on Earth would he fight GGG? Saunders was set to fight GGG, but the hype job that is Team Canelo threw a hissy fit and that fight was scrapped.
    So your happy to give Martinez and Cotto passes?

Canelo's rise to stardom has been a meticulously put together exercise in blatant promotion. His recent conquests include:

- Alfonso Gomez of "The Contender" fame

- Over-the-hill Shane Mosley

- Tiny Josesito Lopez

- A gift decision over Erislandy Lara

- The much smaller Cotto

- The even SMALLER Khan

- Punching bag with the famous name, Junior

Somewhere in between, everyone thought he was ready to contend for world's p4p, and put him in there with Floyd.
    We all know how THAT turned out

Golovkin BEFORE fighting at 165 would've been his chance to shut all of us critics up. But no... he decided to hop-skip-jump over 160 and go directly to 165 to fight Junior. Besides... there's no way he can keep starving himself pretending to be too small for middleweight. It's like the 200-pound woman who insists on wearing skinny jeans and asking how do I look.
    All that and GGG is still dying to fight him. Why would he bother fighting such a fraud? If he really wanted to enhance his legacy he would be re-matching Jacobs or taking the Saunders fight to unify all the belts. Again no one held a gun to GGG's head and forced him to take this fight.
    Now we all know promotion and network would have no part in that and have been salivating as they force feed Canelo to fans as the next middleweight coming. The simple fact is up until now Canelo refused to backup his mouth and played the long con, Golovkin is guilty of nothing but trying to clean up his house, beating a viable legitimate middleweight lt heavyweight threat and stepping up to any lost boys knocking on his door and geared in his direction. It's a me thing but to consider Canelo an accomplished middleweight by winning a watered down cw lineal title and thumping on a disinterested heavy bag last out is funny stuff.
    Funny I hope that's the same stance you have for Manny Pacquiao with his career path as it is identical to Canelo's. Only he weight drained his opponents, insured they were light hitting, overaged former champions, unathletic immobile and straightforward plodding, fighters. Pacquiao never fought are young powerful athletic fighter in his prime. With the exception of JMM and we know some of those decisions were controversial. Playing devil's advocate what the hell had GGG accomplished besides pay-per-view failures.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post

Canelo isn't going to be the stationary target Junior was for him. Do you not been GGG? Who cares about the promoters, GGG's promoters is no winner either? All your energy is wasted and misdirected as if you are crushing on ODLH and he let you down. GGG did nothing special to warrant the fight sooner. GGG has stayed in his comfort lane and going as low to fight welterweight Brooke. Let's keep it real

Yeah let's forget about the promoters. Heaven knows DLH couldn't possibly embarrass himself any more than he already has. Let's talk fighters then. "GGG did nothing special to warrant the fight sooner?" Oh ok... so you're in the minority club that feels Ginger is somehow super-entitled and it's GGG who needs to "earn" a fight with him. Gotcha. Never mind that it's Ginger masquerading as a MW and is supposed to be the one challenging GGG at his weight. We'll let that one slide right on by (wink, wink). Now about GGG (cough) staying "in his comfort lane" and going so low as to fight Brook. Comfort lane?? Please provide the list of fighters in Golovkin's division that Golovkin has either avoided, ducked, or outright said he won't fight. Take your time. Ward doesn't count... I said in GGG's own weight division. GGG fought Lemieux. Let's see Ginger fight either Lemieux OR Jacobs and see how he fares. No... he's too busy hopscotching all over the weight spectrum... both real divisions and 0.5 pound catchweights... to have even considered a GGG fight until now that he's fought at 164.5 and all excuses have been removed from the table. I've already listed some of Ginger's recent opponents in a previous post. Finally he's going to meet someone his own size (Famous Punching Bag doesn't count), and we'll see how that goes. Just remember..... when Famous Punching Bag stopped fighting guys he himself outweighed by 30 pounds at fight night and got in the ring with someone his own size (Fonfara)..... we all know what happened then.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Yeah let's forget about the promoters. Heaven knows DLH couldn't possibly embarrass himself any more than he already has. Let's talk fighters then. "GGG did nothing special to warrant the fight sooner?" Oh ok... so you're in the minority club that feels Ginger is somehow super-entitled and it's GGG who needs to "earn" a fight with him. Gotcha. Never mind that it's Ginger masquerading as a MW and is supposed to be the one challenging GGG at his weight. We'll let that one slide right on by (wink, wink). Now about GGG (cough) staying "in his comfort lane" and going so low as to fight Brook. Comfort lane?? Please provide the list of fighters in Golovkin's division that Golovkin has either avoided, ducked, or outright said he won't fight. Take your time. Ward doesn't count... I said in GGG's own weight division. GGG fought Lemieux. Let's see Ginger fight either Lemieux OR Jacobs and see how he fares. No... he's too busy hopscotching all over the weight spectrum... both real divisions and 0.5 pound catchweights... to have even considered a GGG fight until now that he's fought at 164.5 and all excuses have been removed from the table. I've already listed some of Ginger's recent opponents after in a previous post. Finally he's going to meet someone his own size (Famous Punching Bag doesn't count), and we'll see how that goes. Just remember..... when Famous Punching Bag stopped fighting guys he himself outweighed by 30 pounds at fight night and got in the ring with someone his own size (Fonfara)..... we all know what happened then.
    I do not feel Canelo's is better if I did would say it . Do not fill your post with fictitious thoughts to pad your thread. It's just that Pacquiao did it , Mayweather did it .. so wtf the Latin guy can not do it because you dislike his cross dressing promoter? Or is it because he is not Puerto Rican Latin?
    Ludicrous response you throwing our names of marginal fighters GGG has fought in a 10 year career with exception of Jacobs who many feel won the fight.. I just got a side ache from laughing at Ginger Ginger Ginger's 10 year resume. Canelo's is a proven PPV attraction GGG is not I do not approve of Canelo's resume or tactics either just he has every right to control the environment as PAC and Money have the last decade as PPV leaders. So let's have Triple-Ginger drop to 155 and fight Mayweather, Lara, Cotto and Trout and see how he does.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah let's forget about the promoters. Heaven knows DLH couldn't possibly embarrass himself any more than he already has. Let's talk fighters then. "GGG did nothing special to warrant the fight sooner?" Oh ok... so you're in the minority club that feels Ginger is somehow super-entitled and it's GGG who needs to "earn" a fight with him. Gotcha. Never mind that it's Ginger masquerading as a MW and is supposed to be the one challenging GGG at his weight. We'll let that one slide right on by (wink, wink). Now about GGG (cough) staying "in his comfort lane" and going so low as to fight Brook. Comfort lane?? Please provide the list of fighters in Golovkin's division that Golovkin has either avoided, ducked, or outright said he won't fight. Take your time. Ward doesn't count... I said in GGG's own weight division. GGG fought Lemieux. Let's see Ginger fight either Lemieux OR Jacobs and see how he fares. No... he's too busy hopscotching all over the weight spectrum... both real divisions and 0.5 pound catchweights... to have even considered a GGG fight until now that he's fought at 164.5 and all excuses have been removed from the table. I've already listed some of Ginger's recent opponents after in a previous post. Finally he's going to meet someone his own size (Famous Punching Bag doesn't count), and we'll see how that goes. Just remember..... when Famous Punching Bag stopped fighting guys he himself outweighed by 30 pounds at fight night and got in the ring with someone his own size (Fonfara)..... we all know what happened then.
    I do not feel Canelo's is better if I did would say it . Do not fill your post with fictitious thoughts to pad your thread. It's just that Pacquiao did it , Mayweather did it .. so wtf the Latin guy can not do it because you dislike his cross dressing promoter? Or is it because he is not Puerto Rican Latin?
    Ludicrous response you throwing our names of marginal fighters GGG has fought in a 10 year career with exception of Jacobs who many feel won the fight.. I just got a side ache from laughing at Ginger Ginger Ginger's 10 year resume. Canelo's is a proven PPV attraction GGG is not I do not approve of Canelo's resume or tactics either just he has every right to control the environment as PAC and Money have the last decade as PPV leaders. So let's have Triple-Ginger drop to 155 and fight Mayweather, Lara, Cotto and Trout and see how he does.

Which fictitious thoughts? The one where I correctly state that if Canelo is challenging GGG at middleweight then he must go up to 160, since he's shown he's perfectly capable of fighting at least one division above that? That fictitious thought? Or is it the one where I mention two fighters that GGG has fought recently (Jacobs and Lemieux... you forgot Lemieux) who are bonafide 160-pounders... where weight advantage is not an issue, like it is for most of Ginger's fights). Or maybe it's the fictitious thought where I again correctly point out that Ginger hopscotches around the weights, adding 0.5 catchweights at will, while avoiding GGG at 160. Is it that one?

Fictitious thought is where you state that GGG has done nothing to warrant a Canelo fight. Now THAT'S a fictitious thought.

While we're at it, please stay on point. Ethnicities have nothing to do with this conversation, so let's just focus on the topic at hand, shall we?

Oh... and speaking of ludicrous responses..... ludicrous is for you to state with a straight face that Canelo has every right to control his environment such as Money and Pac have had over the past decade... if I'm paraphrasing your words correctly.

Let's begin with Pac, who has fought a Who's Who of boxing, including names like Erik Morales, Barrera, JMM, Cotto, Tim Bradley... to name only a few. And all these fighters have been the same size, or LARGER, than Pacquiao. No further explanations needed. Now to Money. As much as I dislike Floyd the person, Floyd also has a resume 20+ times better than Ginger's. Castillo, Judah, Cotto, Pac..... and more. Again not much more need be said.

So if these guys have controlled their environment over the past decade as PPV stars..... they've damn well earned it. WTF has Ginger done... except pad his record with a bunch of bums in Mexico, and then feast on undersized or over-the-hill fighters to further pad it.

This isn't so much an argument as a lesson in boxing history, because your side is so indefensible it's ludicrous (this is where the word fits). Your zealousness in wanting to anoint Ginger as something he's not is laughable, and goes alongside Fishnets' claims that a Ginger-GGG fight will be the biggest fight in boxing history.

BTW, you conveniently ignored my question about who GGG has ducked, since you brought up his "staying in his comfort zone." Still waiting for the answer, but try for sometime this year please.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is PPV in the UK on BoxNation/BT. There'll be a UK leg with Billy Joe defending his WBO title at the copperbox.

Wonder how many fans on here - the few that buy PPVs, I know most stream everything - would choose this over Floyd-Chop suey? Hmm...i'm betting NONE!

They held a press conference in London last week, with Golovkin/Canelo/Oscar et al to kick of the promotional tour, which seems to have gone under the radar, Floyd-Mc will get at least ten threads when their promotion starts. Shows what a big market the UK currently is though.
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-25-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information