Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whyte Whack off

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/...june-3-return/

Sad times. For some reason I assumed it was Wach that was injured when I saw the headline. Then I almost had to pop a cap in my own ass. Like it's going to be Wach injured. If he breaks they just sew another bit onto him in the lab.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whyte Whack off

its off because whytes getting parker
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBN Note:
    There's no mention of rescheduling the fight with Marius Wach. Instead, it seems likely Whyte has an alternative opponent lined up for his summer return from injury.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/...-to-reschedule

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Well Well............

Chisora v Helenius 2 has just been postponed and pushed back which 99.9% suggests that Whyte v Chisora 2 is on the cards next

Hope so as the first fight was a belter

http://www.ringnews24.com/2017/05/16.../#.WRsA0Gjyu00

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the Chisora Helenius news but didnt think anything of it because all the noise Whyte has made suggests he wants no part of it. I hope the rematch gets made next. He wont be getting Parker.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Considering what qualifies for Sky PPV these days i wouldn't be surprised if Matchroom try and sell this as the headline fight if it happens, we know already the build up will help sell it to the public and hardcore fans will definitely want to see the rematch anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whyte Whack of

I'm gonna make myself pretty unpopular here, but if these 2 have pulled out of fights to rematch, they're seriously full of shit. They both could've conceivably lost those respective fights, who the fuck do they think they are.
    People keep banging on about the first fight being a classic, but that was because neither fighter was good enough or fit enough to finish the other off. They both showed great chins, I'll give them that.
    But Chisora has never beat a good fighter in his life, and Whyte has done fuck all since his loss to AJ. If he was any good, he would've beat Chisora easily.
    It was exciting, but it wasn't because of any quality, it was like a bar room brawl.
    Still , people will let them act like a pair of twats at the press conferences and no doubt it'll sell out and somebody gets a cheap title shot off the back of it!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whyte Whack of

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I'm gonna make myself pretty unpopular here, but if these 2 have pulled out of fights to rematch, they're seriously full of shit. They both could've conceivably lost those respective fights, who the fuck do they think they are.
    People keep banging on about the first fight being a classic, but that was because neither fighter was good enough or fit enough to finish the other off. They both showed great chins, I'll give them that.
    But Chisora has never beat a good fighter in his life, and Whyte has done fuck all since his loss to AJ. If he was any good, he would've beat Chisora easily.
    It was exciting, but it wasn't because of any quality, it was like a bar room brawl.
    Still , people will let them act like a pair of twats at the press conferences and no doubt it'll sell out and somebody gets a cheap title shot off the back of it!
    Both fights that fell through were intriguing and would have created momentum for the winners. I'll be ok with a Chisora/ Whyte as the 1st was fun or if Whyte can get to Parker I'll understand that the title was the incentive.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Both fights that fell through were intriguing and would have created momentum for the winners. I'll be ok with a Chisora/ Whyte as the 1st was fun or if Whyte can get to Parker I'll understand that the title was the incentive.
    Ok, so if Wach was offered a shot at Joe Parker and he faked an injury to leave Whyte without a fight, would you be just as understanding? Or if Wach was offered Helenius for the European title?
    A contract is a contract.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ok, so if Wach was offered a shot at Joe Parker and he faked an injury to leave Whyte without a fight, would you be just as understanding? Or if Wach was offered Helenius for the European title?
    A contract is a contract.
    I'd be ok if those fights were made due to injury. Whyte supposedly had an injured foot. Chisora who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if tickets weren't selling. Can't blame him if the promoters postpone it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chisora and Whyte are as "worthy" of a title shot as anyone else. Has Wilder or Parker beat anyone better? Maybe equal, not standout better though.

I'm not really bothered about a rematch as a headline fight, works perfect to prop up a big PPV card imo. I'd sooner see either take on a Wilder or Parker.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Chisora and Whyte are as "worthy" of a title shot as anyone else. Has Wilder or Parker beat anyone better? Maybe equal, not standout better though.

I'm not really bothered about a rematch as a headline fight, works perfect to prop up a big PPV card imo. I'd sooner see either take on a Wilder or Parker.
    Wach and Helenius are just as worthy as Whyte and Chisora though.
    The point is they were contracted to fight and are "possibly" hiding behind fake injuries.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point is they were contracted to fight and are "possibly" hiding behind fake injuries.
    Not really. After being robbed against Helenius, Chisora went 12 rounds with Vitali then fought Haye then later Fury and fighters like Pulev. You can't compare Helenius record to that unless you have got issues with Chisora. It's guys like Chisora that make boxing tick.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

Not really. After being robbed against Helenius, Chisora went 12 rounds with Vitali then fought Haye then later Fury and fighters like Pulev. You can't compare Helenius record to that unless you have got issues with Chisora. It's guys like Chisora that make boxing tick.
    You make my point for me. Helenius beats Chisora (robs him, whatever.) and Chisora gets a shot at the World title. Why not Helenius? Do you think he would've turned down a shot? Then his career stalls.
    Whereas Chisora loses every round to Vitali (valiantly, but still loses every round) , gets decent money fighting Haye and LOSES, then Fury and LOSES ,later fights Pulev and LOSES, then Dillian Whyte and LOSES. Bit of a trend going on here. And he has the audacity to fake an injury against a guy that beat him because he has bigger fish to fry. You couldn't fucking make it up!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

You make my point for me. Helenius beats Chisora (robs him, whatever.) and Chisora gets a shot at the World title. Why not Helenius? Do you think he would've turned down a shot? Then his career stalls.
    Whereas Chisora loses every round to Vitali (valiantly, but still loses every round) , gets decent money fighting Haye and LOSES, then Fury and LOSES ,later fights Pulev and LOSES, then Dillian Whyte and LOSES. Bit of a trend going on here. And he has the audacity to fake an injury against a guy that beat him because he has bigger fish to fry. You couldn't fucking make it up!
    Helenius was injured after the victory over Chisora, he was out for nearly a year
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information