Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd haters keep saying he ducked GGG

If you base Floyd beating Golovkin on the Jacobs fight - a 6'1 quick middleweight with a reach advantage that fights nothing like Floyd - then equally you have to consider Floyd "losing" to Castilo.

So based on how easily a 5'7, "slow" lightweight was able to pressure Floyd then a 5'11 middleweight with a longer reach, fantastic jab, bone crunching power and a granite strong bonce would absolutely kill him.

Yeah.. I wonder why Floyd never attempted winning a middleweight title.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If you base Floyd beating Golovkin on the Jacobs fight - a 6'1 quick middleweight with a reach advantage that fights nothing like Floyd - then equally you have to consider Floyd "losing" to Castilo.

So based on how easily a 5'7, "slow" lightweight was able to pressure Floyd then a 5'11 middleweight with a longer reach, fantastic jab, bone crunching power and a granite strong bonce would absolutely kill him.

Jacobs ain't 6ft 1 and GGG is not 5ft 11. I don't care what the "Stats" say, we know they're bollocks.
    Jacobs is about 6 foot and I know that's a lot taller than Floyd, but Floyd makes up for that with his defensive skills , reactions and counter punching.
    GGG is about 5ft 9 I would say. No doubt Floyd wouldn't have felt the power anything like GGG possessed , but I do believe he could avoid that for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Jacobs ain't 6ft 1 and GGG is not 5ft 11. I don't care what the "Stats" say, we know they're bollocks.
    Jacobs is about 6 foot and I know that's a lot taller than Floyd, but Floyd makes up for that with his defensive skills , reactions and counter punching.
    GGG is about 5ft 9 I would say. No doubt Floyd wouldn't have felt the power anything like GGG possessed , but I do believe he could avoid that for 12 rounds.
    I thought you were messing about but you are seriously deluded. Why didn't Floyd try and win a middleweight title if it was that easy. Floyd barely beat an old Oscar because the jab was causing him issues. GGG would wreck him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I thought you were messing about but you are seriously deluded. Why didn't Floyd try and win a middleweight title if it was that easy. Floyd barely beat an old Oscar because the jab was causing him issues. GGG would wreck him.
    Who said it would be easy, you fucking fool?
    I just think that the very fact people actually wanted to see it happen is testament to how good Floyd was.
    I never wanted to see it because although I believe he would have won, I think it was a bit of a circus show and I don't think Floyd needed to prove anything to anyone, especially clowns like you that want to see it in the hope that he would lose!
    He had no reason to take the risk. At the time, GGG Wasn't big money.
    All I'm saying is that PRIME FOR PRIME I think Floyd would've edged it.
    And if he wanted a MW Belt, he wouldn't have had to fight GGG, he could've offered Cotto big dough and would've taken his strap.
    It's only idiots like you that get all hissy about his achievements and try to denigrate them.
    You should really let him go. You hated him, you wanted to see him lose and you're not gonna get the satisfaction because he ain't coming back!
    Get over it and move on with your life.
    Start hating somebody else if you need that in your life.😉

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine if GGG was naturally 147.

Just imagine.

Weight classes are there for a reason.

GGG was closer in weight to Andre Ward than Floyd is to GGG.

GGG completely ducked Ward so Ward stepped up and fought the best at light heavy.

I don't blame GGG for ducking Ward as there is much more money on the table against Canelo and unifying the division..your heroes can't fight everyone.

Floyd is 40 years old and left the sport looking 29 years old..he's rich and takes no punishment to no one.

He beat Pac, Canelo and Cotto on a C+ performance..just accept it and stop dragging him back to risk a loss.

2 years from now when Spence is running the division will we say that Floyd is ducking Spence?

Stones and glass houses don't mix.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't give a shit about the weight difference between Golovkin and Mayweather, people are chatting shit like it's never been achieved before in the history of Boxing, it has been and plenty of times where a guy from a smaller weight has moved up through the weights to win world titles.
    I love Golovkin (but he's far from the Superhero a lot of people seem to think he is) he's been an absolute breath of fresh air compared to the way Mayweathers fights (post Hatton) panned out, but he would have been dealt with exactly the same way as Floyd dealt with Canelo, he'd be chasing Floyd around the ring for 12 rounds, completely bemused and air conditioning the venue with his fists.
    Way too Slick, Smart and defensively brilliant to get caught or stand and trade, yes it would have been boring to watch but he'd have absolutely fucking toyed with him.
    I think peoples hate of Floyd is pretty pathetic if i'm honest and when it completely blinds them to the fact he was an utter genius in the ring it's actually laughable.

History proves beyond any doubt at all that smaller fighters can and have beaten bigger fighters at 5,6 or even 7 weights above them.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I couldn't give a shit about the weight difference between Golovkin and Mayweather, people are chatting shit like it's never been achieved before in the history of Boxing, it has been and plenty of times where a guy from a smaller weight has moved up through the weights to win world titles.
    I love Golovkin (but he's far from the Superhero a lot of people seem to think he is) he's been an absolute breath of fresh air compared to the way Mayweathers fights (post Hatton) panned out, but he would have been dealt with exactly the same way as Floyd dealt with Canelo, he'd be chasing Floyd around the ring for 12 rounds, completely bemused and air conditioning the venue with his fists.
    Way too Slick, Smart and defensively brilliant to get caught or stand and trade, yes it would have been boring to watch but he'd have absolutely fucking toyed with him.
    I think peoples hate of Floyd is pretty pathetic if i'm honest and when it completely blinds them to the fact he was an utter genius in the ring it's actually laughable.

History proves beyond any doubt at all that smaller fighters can and have beaten bigger fighters at 5,6 or even 7 weights above them.
    Floyd was at his very limit even making light middle so middle weight would have been a step too far. He would have stood a chance against Cotto, maybe Canelo having already beaten him but making him come down in weight a bit further. I am not hating Floyd, just saying it was too far in weight for him to go.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Golovkin better be happy Mayweather doesn't hear him mouffin off! Superman may leap tall buildings but Mayweather leaps decades of legends AND is faster than a speeding Nerf dart. Golovkin will be lucky to get a Charlie Z match after Floyd is finished with him
    I think that GGG has all the tools to beat Floyd, from movement to power. Beside, I really chuckled at your Charlie Zelenoff's allusion. Funily enough, the turd is still pretending to be a 195-0 (He gets a few victories a month) by either paying folks to take a dive or suckerpunching random people. That guy amazes me; after almost 10 years after losing to a very lousy Andrew Hartley, he's still at it, in fantasy land.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of an inch here or there, Jacobs is much bigger than Floyd (height and weight), I don't see how anything can be taken from him in comparison with Floyd. Apart from all the physical/style differences Jacobs had the power to make Golovkin wary of being countered, something little Floyd certainly doesn't have the benefit of.

Contrary to what some people here believe, Golovkin isn't some thick face first brawler that mindlessly chases bods around the ring all night. He's an absolute master at cutting the ring off and trapping fighters. He works off a constant jab.

Good luck to Floyd when he's trapped on the ropes, as many a weaker lesser talent frequently does to him, and his unable to wrestle the far bigger stronger man off as he's getting holes blasted all over his arms and torso.

I suppose maybe he could survive 12 rounds, he certainly ain't winning anything.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of an inch here or there, Jacobs is much bigger than Floyd (height and weight), I don't see how anything can be taken from him in comparison with Floyd. Apart from all the physical/style differences Jacobs had the power to make Golovkin wary of being countered, something little Floyd certainly doesn't have the benefit of.

Contrary to what some people here believe, Golovkin isn't some thick face first brawler that mindlessly chases bods around the ring all night. He's an absolute master at cutting the ring off and trapping fighters. He works off a constant jab.

Good luck to Floyd when he's trapped on the ropes, as many a weaker lesser talent frequently does to him, and his unable to wrestle the far bigger stronger man off as he's getting holes blasted all over his arms and torso.

I suppose maybe he could survive 12 rounds, he certainly ain't winning anything.
    Curious. How many fights did you pick Floyd to lose?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

It does not matter, Floyd is not winning this one. It is the equivalent of saying Floyd could beat a prime Hagler.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many times was Floyd in a fight that he wasn't the favorite?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Ron Swanson

How many fights did I pick Floyd to lose? None. Although I slightly favoured the more experienced Corrales in the battle of the outstanding unbeaten talents back in the day.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Floyd was at his very limit even making light middle so middle weight would have been a step too far. He would have stood a chance against Cotto, maybe Canelo having already beaten him but making him come down in weight a bit further. I am not hating Floyd, just saying it was too far in weight for him to go.
    I don't see how it can be seen as hating Floyd, every fighter has a ceiling when it comes to weight, lets just pretend the fight happens at MW and Floyd convincingly beats GGG, would people then be calling for him to move up and fight Ward and Kov? then he beats them, does he have to move up to CW and then HW until he finally loses the 0? where does it end?

he has been fighting at his optimum weight.

Someone said to me the other day that he should fight GGG because he has already fought Ginger Pubes, they forget to take into account that the fight was at a catch weight and Ginger Pubes was 22 or 23 at the time of the fight, we are 5 years down the line now, Canello is bigger than he was then, Canello in 2013 is physically a different fighter than he is in 2017

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It does not matter, Floyd is not winning this one. It is the equivalent of saying Floyd could beat a prime Hagler.
    No it is not. Hagler is far better. You keep changing the situation to make yourself appear right. If you had any confidence in your argument you wouldn't need to use intellectual dishonesty.

Thread Information