Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman vs Spence..

Like almost everyone else I don't give Thurman much chance.

Gonna take some fighter to deal with the superb, non-stop Duran-esqe body bashing combined with the excellent, consistent southpaw jab. Thurman will quickly be reduced to swinging for a home run when he can trade, he can clump but is hardly Julian Jackson and susceptible to body and head.

Gonna need more than a "lucky" punch to get rid of Spence any time soon.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo hurt Thurman to the body but maybe it was just a weird one off that a non puncher managed to catch somebody who had trained for an easy fight. Porter and Garcia didn't make a dent compared to Collazo. I have a feeling Spence will though. I can't see Thurman either outboxing or outworking Spence and I would guess another late stoppage for Spence.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Collazo hurt Thurman to the body but maybe it was just a weird one off that a non puncher managed to catch somebody who had trained for an easy fight. Porter and Garcia didn't make a dent compared to Collazo. I have a feeling Spence will though. I can't see Thurman either outboxing or outworking Spence and I would guess another late stoppage for Spence.
    Many old time trainers I was told in Gleason's gym long ago used to take guys with brittle hands or a lack of power making them body punchers and a bit more effective with the lesser incidence of hurting their hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence is a master at hitting guys on the move and cutting off the ring. 2 factors that will completely neutralize Thurman in the mid to late rounds once he gets on his bicycle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Spence is a master at hitting guys on the move and cutting off the ring. 2 factors that will completely neutralize Thurman in the mid to late rounds once he gets on his bicycle.
    Sounds solid to me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a great match up, but as others have stated, I think Spence's body work and aggression win him the fight. Thurman will be tricky and difficult throughout (especially the first half), but Spence is faster than Garcia and applies just as much pressure. Think Spence gets the decision but wouldn't be shocked with a late stoppage either.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Red face Re: Thurman vs Spence..

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    It's a great match up, but as others have stated, I think Spence's body work and aggression win him the fight. Thurman will be tricky and difficult throughout (especially the first half), but Spence is faster than Garcia and applies just as much pressure. Think Spence gets the decision but wouldn't be shocked with a late stoppage either.
    If I was Thurman I would be 100% focussed and have to be on my A game. I would start fast and throw a lot of right hands and counter left hooks to put Spence off his jab. I would tie up Spence inside almost immediately so he can not work to the body.

The second half of the fight I would become more unorthodox and use more movement and punches from unusual angles as Spence becomes more frustrated.

Thurman will have to use his physical strength throughout the fight and win a close, even split decision. Thurman would then be the man of the division and Floyd will have to come out of retirement to face his obvious successor.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Spence takes this in a close fight.. Maybe split, majority decision. Spence will make thurman fight more than he wants to and will end up edging him out most rounds. Thurman will catch him with some hard punches upstairs, but the body shots he'll end up taking in alot of these exchanges will catch up to him. Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ugh after kov fell i need spence to win whom ive been high on since the olympics n not sure anyone around the weight beats him

Thread Information