Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Brook a "quitter?"

I don't think so given the fact that he wanted to save his eye, but many posters on other sites are saying h is a quitter."

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Brook a "quitter?"

Nonsense, he was throwing bombs still in the 10th. He was just done.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's more offensive what an insufferable excuse making douchebag Ingle is being. Saying Porter was a harder fight, f'n nonsense. Saying making weight has taken it out of Kell, well that's not what he said before the fight. Saying the bodyshots weren't bothering Kell. We could literally see him coming off his front foot trying to lessen them. To say without the eye injury they win. How the hell could they know that when they can't even decide when it happened? I've yet to hear Kell or Ingle say the right round.

Spence started really doing major damage in the 6th. As much as he wants to make excuse after excuse any objective observer could see Spence took control before the injury. And beyond that, Spence caused the f'n injury!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he did quit, no he's not a "quitter." There was a fully valid justified reason for quitting, he didn't want to lose an eye. He already has titanium holding his right eye together, to then have his "good" eye busted was clearly an horrific mental dilemma for him.

When the injury blew up he didn't just dive on the floor, or stay on his stool, he fought until the choice between his eye sight and winning a sporting contest became no choice at all.

All the walking braindead lowlifes calling him a dog, pussy, disgrace etc aren't worth the time of day. Nothing but nasty two-bob cunts.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every fighter has a quit in them and the threshold for Brook is very high.

Brook gave it his all, particularly the 10th round but Spence is an exceptional fighter and the better man won.

Ron, I do not know what Ingle said but Kell said Spence is the best he has met (at welterweight) that says it all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I think it's more offensive what an insufferable excuse making douchebag Ingle is being. Saying Porter was a harder fight, f'n nonsense. Saying making weight has taken it out of Kell, well that's not what he said before the fight. Saying the bodyshots weren't bothering Kell. We could literally see him coming off his front foot trying to lessen them. To say without the eye injury they win. How the hell could they know that when they can't even decide when it happened? I've yet to hear Kell or Ingle say the right round.

Spence started really doing major damage in the 6th. As much as he wants to make excuse after excuse any objective observer could see Spence took control before the injury. And beyond that, Spence caused the f'n injury!
    I did say the one thing I didn't want to hear from the Brook camp if he lost was anything about the weight. I'm seriously pissed off about Ingle's comments. I reckon him saying "Porter was a tougher fight" is just a case of bitterness in the immediate aftermath. Hopefully he'll look back and realise what a stupid comment that was.
    As for the Eye injury, I do think that's when things turned , more mentally for Brook than a physical thing.
    But to say "if he never got the eye injury..........." Is completely ridiculous. HE DID get the injury and it was with a punch, that is what Boxing is all about ffs.
    Spence deserves a lot of praise for Saturday night. I think Ingle will look back over the next few days at these comments and realise how stupid they sound. Hopefully he'll feel a bit embarrassed.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell handled the loss with dignity and forget what Ingle has said.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Are you Scott Gilfoid?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ingle didn't say anything disrespectful or outlandish, he was answering questions immediately after the fight.

When asked about the bodyshots Ingle said Kell told him the body shots didn't bother him. Do you want him to lie?

When asked if Spence was the best welterweight Ingle said he's up there with Thurman among the best in the division. What's wrong with that? How is that not respect? Ingle said he's not on Mayweather's type level (superstar). How is that disrespectful?

Ingle said the eye damage was the big turning point, until then he felt Kell was a couple of rounds up. How is that disrespectful? Shock! Horror! Trainer feels his fighter was winning a close fight.

The Porter fight was more physically taxing, he believes the eye injury was the main factor in Spence getting on top. Shock! Horror! Trainer feels his fighter suffered an unlucky disadvantage.

They're hardly comments to get upset over for gawds sake. His fighter wasn't whitewashed, he lost a very competitive fight. He'd be a right shit trainer if he DIDN'T think a tweak here and there could have been the difference.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-29-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Every fighter has a quit in them and the threshold for Brook is very high. Brook gave it his all, particularly the 10th round but Spence is an exceptional fighter and the better man won.Ron, I do not know what Ingle said but Kell said Spence is the best he has met (at welterweight) that says it all.
    Yes you've got it. I felt it was the bodyshots more than the eye, but boy it took A LOT of punishment and of course the eye was bad too, before Brook had enough. One single body shot from Spence would make most keyboard warriors "quit".
    Last edited by Master; 05-29-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Ingle didn't say anything disrespectful or outlandish, he was answering questions immediately after the fight.

When asked about the bodyshots Ingle said Kell told him the body shots didn't bother him. Do you want him to lie?

When asked if Spence was the best welterweight Ingle said he's up there with Thurman among the best in the division. What's wrong with that? How is that not respect? Ingle said he's not on Mayweather's type level (superstar). How is that disrespectful?

Ingle said the eye damage was the big turning point, until then he felt Kell was a couple of rounds up. How is that disrespectful? Shock! Horror! Trainer feels his fighter was winning a close fight.

The Porter fight was more physically taxing, he believes the eye injury was the main factor in Spence getting on top. Shock! Horror! Trainer feels his fighter suffered an unlucky disadvantage.

They're hardly comments to get upset over for gawds sake. His fighter wasn't whitewashed, he lost a very competitive fight. He'd be a right shit trainer if he DIDN'T think a tweak here and there could have been the difference.
    Fenster backs the U.K. guy no matter how many excuses he made, anyone surprised?

Kell was honorable. Ingle was despicable, but go ahead and excuse it. You and Ingle seem to think excuses are fine.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha, just seen the hordes of armchair warriors on the BBC website saying how they think he is a quitter.

I doubt any one of them has had an orbital bone broken, lost their vision and then fought past exhaustion against a brilliant fighter who wants to take your head off.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After Victor Ortiz broke his jaw he seemed to like taking a few early exits.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, he is not a quitter.

He might have been permanently blinded in that eye if the fight had continued.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information