Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ohara Davies-Josh Taylor - 8th July/Glasgow/Channel 5

What a good fight I got the result right Taylor boxed well he mixed boxing with infighting Davis was heavy handed but he was very crude at times,! this was a risky fight for both fighters I dont think it has done Davis much harm this defeat he can come again.
    There was bad blood in this fight Davies was out classed he has had a reality check hopefully he will learn.
    Taylor showed hes a class fighter upwards and on wards I really enjoyed that fight.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I dont think it has done Davis much harm this defeat he can come again.
    The only thing that will harm him is his attitude, in an interview after the fight he was asked something along the lines of "was that tougher than you expected" he replied with "tough, nah it was easy, I've got 6 figures in my bank account, what have you got? You don't make anything like that so nah it wasn't tough"

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The only thing that will harm him is his attitude, in an interview after the fight he was asked something along the lines of "was that tougher than you expected" he replied with "tough, nah it was easy, I've got 6 figures in my bank account, what have you got? You don't make anything like that so nah it wasn't tough"
    Yep you could say he is not a nice guy he is a bully and he got schooled his attitude stinks but he is not unlike many fighters out there.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Missed that! Sometimes he can be a nice guy and other times a complete cunt.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually fair play to him for this

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Is it just me that dislikes Barry and Shane the more I see of them?
    yes it is only you.

What is not to like about them bring great boxing on free tv?
    No, @Memphis, it's not only you. Shane's ok , Barry is a bit of a leech. But @Master thinks the sun shines out of his bollocks.
    Barry is trying to bring back on mainstream free TV and he should be applauded for that. Barry does not get in the way of his fighter earning good money. He allowed Frampton to fight Quigg on Box Office. Frampton will be on channel 5 in a few weeks time.

You gotta love him and his passion for boxing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought if one totally outclassed the other it would be Taylor. His am experience and technique shone, the counter body shots were electric right from the off. Fight not going the distance was never in doubt.

Being with Matchroom, regardless of Barry and FREEEE TV, Davies will probably come back and move on to bigger things whilst Taylor will carry on under the radar.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry is trying to bring back on mainstream free TV and he should be applauded for that. Barry does not get in the way of his fighter earning good money. He allowed Frampton to fight Quigg on Box Office. Frampton will be on channel 5 in a few weeks time.

What do you mean he "allowed" Frampton on Sky PPV? He specifically REFUSED to stage the fight without it, even though Hearn warned it was a probable flop as the viewing figures for smaller fighters is poor in comparison.

Lets see how quick your wonderful promoter gets amnesia about "saving" boxing on free TV when Frampton steps back up in class from this "gimme."

It was Hearn, who's not even Davies manager, that didn't get in the way of his fighter making good money.

You're worse than ross you clueless hypocrite. (and even worse make me defend promoters just to teach you a wasted lesson )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I thought if one totally outclassed the other it would be Taylor. His am experience and technique shone, the counter body shots were electric right from the off. Fight not going the distance was never in doubt.

Being with Matchroom, regardless of Barry and FREEEE TV, Davies will probably come back and move on to bigger things whilst Taylor will carry on under the radar.
    the sad thing is is that this is probably true

or at least its a much bigger gamble for Taylor to stay with Barry
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

What do you mean he "allowed" Frampton on Sky PPV? He specifically REFUSED to stage the fight without it, even though Hearn warned it was a probable flop as the viewing figures for smaller fighters is poor in comparison.

Lets see how quick your wonderful promoter gets amnesia about "saving" boxing on free TV when Frampton steps back up in class from this "gimme."

It was Hearn, who's not even Davies manager, that didn't get in the way of his fighter making good money.

You're worse than ross you clueless hypocrite. (and even worse make me defend promoters just to teach you a wasted lesson )
    You love defending them really. Most of the sky cards are "gimmes" anyway.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Is it just me that dislikes Barry and Shane the more I see of them?

A wise man once said there's only so far you can go off the beaten path. Ohara Davies can't even see the path. Taylor was too good in every department. That counter right hook was a thing of beauty.
    They are a bit smug and insufferable at times. Finally caught up and watched the recording. Taylor impressed and Davies had no answers. Still early days for both but flexibility will always take you further. Taylor managed to improvise and think on his feet even when not keeping to the gameplan and that will stand him in good stead in the future when the opponents are ramped up.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor looked good. A typical Scottish fighter - very well schooled, excellent stand up boxing technique, very tough with a good chin, sacrificing a bit of power to maintain classy boxing (look at people like Jim Watt, Ken Buchanan, Robbie Burns etc)

He was by far the better boxer, I thought Davies was awful. His footwork was his big issue, it was so slow and ponderous and he never once managed to cut the ring off. He was consistently missing wildly and throwing arm punches because his feet were always in the wrong place. What have his coaches and trainers been doing with him over the years ....... 'oh, this guy has heavy hands and can hit, so let's just focus on that'? You end up with a flawed fighter who hasn't got enough tools to ever have a Plan B
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Taylor looked good. A typical Scottish fighter - very well schooled, excellent stand up boxing technique, very tough with a good chin, sacrificing a bit of power to maintain classy boxing (look at people like Jim Watt, Ken Buchanan, Robbie Burns etc)

He was by far the better boxer, I thought Davies was awful. His footwork was his big issue, it was so slow and ponderous and he never once managed to cut the ring off. He was consistently missing wildly and throwing arm punches because his feet were always in the wrong place. What have his coaches and trainers been doing with him over the years ....... 'oh, this guy has heavy hands and can hit, so let's just focus on that'? You end up with a flawed fighter who hasn't got enough tools to ever have a Plan B
    Good summary. I actually did think of Buchanan etc when watching and then thought,"..Nah I am just transposing that onto him with him being a Scot" but it is clearly there. I had never seen Davies and thought he was going to be something special but he seemed to have little chance or clue from the off.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information