Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs McGregor official

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    To think these big fat million pound corporations cry when people stream these events rather than buy them.

They are not being clever, they are just cunts laughing in consumers faces.
    Not the fighters fault at all then? After all, these prices have to be charged in order to pay these "9 figure purses"!
    Of course, nobody can criticise the fighters (notice I never said Boxers , because McGregor ain't one!), poor things, it's such a short career!
    Question I asked before, who makes the most out of these events? Boxers, TV or promoters.
    All of them but in the long term promoters and TV company.
    forget about the "long term" , for this fight, or any other ppv for that matter, who makes the most?
    ps. "All of them" is not an answer. e.g. If I asked you which football team you support, you wouldn't say "all of them" , would you?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To think these big fat million pound corporations cry when people stream these events rather than buy them.

Not the fighters fault at all then? After all, these prices have to be charged in order to pay these "9 figure purses"!
    Of course, nobody can criticise the fighters (notice I never said Boxers , because McGregor ain't one!), poor things, it's such a short career!
    Question I asked before, who makes the most out of these events? Boxers, TV or promoters.
    forget about the "long term" , for this fight, or any other ppv for that matter, who makes the most?
    ps. "All of them" is not an answer. e.g. If I asked you which football team you support, you wouldn't say "all of them" , would you?
    You are missing the point, even if the fighter earns the most their earning will be overtaken by the next generation and the same promoter (or his son) and TV company will still be there.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are missing the point, even if the fighter earns the most their earning will be overtaken by the next generation and the same promoter (or his son) and TV company will still be there.
    no mate, it is YOU that is (deliberately) missing the point. It's a supply and demand market. If the demand is there for 4 million $100 ppv hits, then the fighter is gonna want the equivalent of the debt of a 3rd World country!
    if people didn't buy it , or boycott it, the demand wouldn't be there and we wouldn't see such crazy purses.
    The problem is , that there are too many stupid cunts in this World!
    I mean, who seriously would pay good money to watch shit like Mayweather v McGregor? More to the point, who would pay PPV money to watch McGregor , Eubank Jr. and Bellew fight?
    And before anybody says "Yeah, but it's for the entertainment value!" Look, if I want to pay to see something funny, I'll go and watch Peter Kay or Jack Whitehall, or if I want to be "entertained" I'll go and watch Ed fucking Sheeran!
    I don't want these fuckers to put on a "Show" or entertain me, I want them to put on a good HONEST fight.
    and Finally, when the likes of Mayweather get their share of the pie, that money goes out of Boxing forever. When Sky/Matchroom/HBO/ITV/Box Nation get their share, they invest back into the sport in some way, maybe the next promotion, sometimes even the grass roots level.
    Yes, they rip us off, but at least they give a bit back.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 07-19-2017 at 06:23 AM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    If people want to see a real boxing contest watch GGG v Canelo. That is a real fight.
    NOw we talk!
    See Ron, it is a real fight, both fighters at the top of their game and weight.
    You miss the point. I'm only saying boxing has much better to offer. Canelo lost every round to a guy that started at 130. Crawford/Indongu has more meaning, Chocolatito's next fight has more meaning. I could go on and on about better fights. It won't even be GGGs best opponent this year. Because Canelo isn't that good, he's just popular. Lucky for Canelo GGG is slowing down, maybe even enough that it ends up a good fight. But is that the ideal, that one guy has slipped enough to make a fight competitive? I don't think it is

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look, if I want to pay to see something funny, I'll go and watch Peter Kay or Jack Whitehall, or if I want to be "entertained" I'll go and watch Ed fucking Sheeran!
    I believe you may be the first person to ever make that statement in the history of mankind.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I seem to be missing a lot of points deliberate or otherwise.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ed Sheeran is the last person that could entertain me, but otherwise well argued Primo. Shame on anyone trying to justify this terrible fight. Anyone paying has more money than sense. It should be boycotted.

Thread Information