Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rigo V Flores

Does anyone think there will be any surprises with this one, or is rigo just going to pick him apart like he does everyone else. Rigo is one of my favorites, though the dude rarely fights. His and Lomos footwork and overall technical ability is art, and if he fought more and against bigger names theres no question he'd be top 5 p4p in my book (if not 1 overall). But I know nothing about Flores, so any insight on him would be nice. Hopefully Rigos age/ring rust doesnt impact this fight, but is flores talented enough to take advantage of it if it does?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to merge your thread

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rigo V Flores

Not heard of Flores either, most of his fights have been in Mexico.

He has only had one fight since September 2015 so he isn't exactly regular

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not Rigo's fault he fights so rarely. He has proven too good. He's out there calling for Loma left and right. If Loma and Frampton and everyone else don't want to fight him it's their fault, not his.

And that is what boxing fans should be furious about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always assumed Lomo was interested in fighting him, but they couldnt agree on a weight? I'd LOVE to see that match up though, i think Lomo would win, just because he's way busier and his high volume of punches would steal the rounds, but who knows. Rigo showed against Donaire that he has no problem picking apart skilled volume punchers, but Lomo is a whole different animal.

I can't decide whether i think that fight would be a "boring" (to the uneducated boxing fans) chess match between two of the best technical boxers in the sport today (history?) or if Lomo would make it a game of cat and mouse.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ez396979@yahoo.com View Post
    I always assumed Lomo was interested in fighting him, but they couldnt agree on a weight? I'd LOVE to see that match up though, i think Lomo would win, just because he's way busier and his high volume of punches would steal the rounds, but who knows. Rigo showed against Donaire that he has no problem picking apart skilled volume punchers, but Lomo is a whole different animal.

I can't decide whether i think that fight would be a "boring" (to the uneducated boxing fans) chess match between two of the best technical boxers in the sport today (history?) or if Lomo would make it a game of cat and mouse.
    First, Rigo agreed to go to Loma's weight and is still willing to go to 126 but not 130. But they lowballed Rigo. I'm confident Loma would have been willing but if your people won't offer a fair deal you are responsible for that.

Next, Loma's favorite moves play right to Rigo. You won't be hoping off to the right against Rigo, that spells disaster. And nobody would keep a fast pace against such fast sharp counters.

But Rigo is tiny, Loma could(definitely not saying would, just could) definitely be the guy to beat Rigo if they made the fight. But they won't. They showed that they aren't interested when negotiations happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasnt aware that Rigo was getting the raw end of the deal in terms of money, even with him willing to go to 126. And I completely agree that Lomos offensive style does play into Rigos countersyle approach, but Lomos style is unlike anything I've ever seen, his punch angles and footwork are something you can't prepare for as it's one of kind. Not to say Rigos isnt, his footwork is absolutely spectacular, and he undoubtably has the edge in headmovement, if only for the fact that his style calls for it more. But i do agree, and always did lean towards the fight being less action packed and more of chess match. So if the fight does take that approach, Rigo has the edge. But Lomos footwork and angles will make avoiding and countering his punches very difficult. Lomo doesnt throw punches and sit still, he is constantly moving, so if Rigo doesnt learn to time him, or anticipate his movement after lomo throws, then he will have problems.

But yeah, with that said, Lomo has a tendency to throw and move to his right (as you stated), something he did throughout the Sosa and/or walters fight (need to rewatch them to be sure), so if he thinks that he can pull that off more than once again rigo without rigo countering him, then he's in trouble..

Honestly, the more i think about it, the more I'm starting to agree with you giving the edge to Rigo, for the points mentioned above.. But i'd still never touch this fight betting wise.

Loving this discussion by the way. Not often i get a chance to talk to people who are familiar with the sport to this degree.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love to watch Loma do his thing. His father is a great teacher and it shows in Vasily. A fight that would never happen but I think would be brilliant to watch would be Lomachenko vs Tevin Farmer
    https://youtu.be/zDF8cGOUU3o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard of Farmer, and think i may have watched one or two of his fights, and from the video you posted his headmovement is insane. I see a mix of floyd/toney/pernell in there in regards to the shoulder roll, stance, and head movement he displays, but his foot movement could use some work. He seems to square up a lot and doesnt always appear to be in balance, and from the video he seems to be in positions that show a lack of ring generalship, although he's talented enough to get out of those situations from the looks of it. Another thing that bothers me is how he drops his hands after combinations. I'm aware that his style and head movement usually have him lead with his hands down, but the way he leaves himself open after combinations makes me think he's very susceptible to the quick counter.

Sorry not trying to be overlly critical, just what i was able to take away from that small sample size. I'm def going to watch out for him going forward though, as he does have a lot to be impressed about. But from his resume and those critique i really dont think he'd be able to hang with Lomo.

And i wasnt able to get the stream to work until just now, but WTF just happened with the Rigo fight! I put it on 5 minutes late and its over.... unbelievable

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's not Rigo's fault he fights so rarely. He has proven too good. He's out there calling for Loma left and right. If Loma and Frampton and everyone else don't want to fight him it's their fault, not his.

And that is what boxing fans should be furious about.
    I was talking about Flores being inactive, it was him that has only had one fight since September 2015

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ez396979@yahoo.com View Post
    I've heard of Farmer, and think i may have watched one or two of his fights, and from the video you posted his headmovement is insane. I see a mix of floyd/toney/pernell in there in regards to the shoulder roll, stance, and head movement he displays, but his foot movement could use some work. He seems to square up a lot and doesnt always appear to be in balance, and from the video he seems to be in positions that show a lack of ring generalship, although he's talented enough to get out of those situations from the looks of it. Another thing that bothers me is how he drops his hands after combinations. I'm aware that his style and head movement usually have him lead with his hands down, but the way he leaves himself open after combinations makes me think he's very susceptible to the quick counter.

Sorry not trying to be overlly critical, just what i was able to take away from that small sample size. I'm def going to watch out for him going forward though, as he does have a lot to be impressed about. But from his resume and those critique i really dont think he'd be able to hang with Lomo.

And i wasnt able to get the stream to work until just now, but WTF just happened with the Rigo fight! I put it on 5 minutes late and its over.... unbelievable
    Loma would definitely beat Farmer. I just think it would be fun to watch them for a few rounds before Loma took over. Just, Farmer offers him nothing and as former sparring partners they know each other too well to fight without a financial incentive

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Weirdest chat up line ever right there

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Should have merged the thread.

I went to sleep at 5am and got up 8 so head is screwed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I win again @Master, I went to get at 5:25 in the am and got up at 7:30
    I didn't get up through choice mind you, my Dad phoned me up to tell me he was selling their house because he couldn't get the 'fucking cunting hosepipe to work'

It looks like its going to be quite an alcohol fueled day today as well so I'll probably be written off early doors cuz I'll be sleep deprived

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I win again @Master, I went to get at 5:25 in the am and got up at 7:30
    I didn't get up through choice mind you, my Dad phoned me up to tell me he was selling their house because he couldn't get the 'fucking cunting hosepipe to work'

It looks like its going to be quite an alcohol fueled day today as well so I'll probably be written off early doors cuz I'll be sleep deprived
    My son woke me up with a crumpled piece of handwritten paper saying happy fathers day and ran off.

I have been out to a restaurant but it was full because of fathers day and India v Pakistan is on in the cricket. waited over an hour to get food. Still not slept yet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information