Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roy Jones is the worst commentator

Despite popular opinion, I actually like kellerman. He can be bias at times but I think he brings some great insight and says many things that I'm thinking.

Jones is just awful. Last night, he literally did not say one positive thing about Kovalev. Kellerman would say something that Kovalev was doing well and Jones would respond with "but he looks really tired." As a commentator, even if you have bias, you have to at least semi hide it. It was as if they took someone from Wards camp and let him commentate just to talk him up.

Also, he seems to not bring anything to the table from a boxing standpoint. When most boxers commentate, they can give good insights about technique and subtleties in the ring. All Jones does is contract Kellerman on semantics.

They need to fire him. Just about anybody would be better. They need someone like Paulie. That would help them tremendously. If they got a good former/current fighter, I think that Lampley and Kellerman would be completely fine.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones is the worst commentator

Paulie is with sky so choose someone else.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie said that HBO had their chance but turned him down. Big mistake by them.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Paulie said that HBO had their chance but turned him down. Big mistake by them.
    Paulie is very good.

Wilder is not bad take him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to imagine anyone being worse than Definitely Lennox Definitely Lewis Definitely.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Hard to imagine anyone being worse than Definitely Lennox Definitely Lewis Definitely.
    Or Foreman. FOreman is not exactly objective when he describes things.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Or Foreman. FOreman is not exactly objective when he describes things.
    Yes. Watching Trinidad get pounded round after round and George contantly talking about at any moment he can turn it around. No George, talk about what is happening in the fight. Not what you hope will happen.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This may not be popular on here, but I think Teddy Atlas is the worst. He is openly biased, makes silly analogies constantly, and always tries to make some outlandish prediction knowing that if it doesn't happen people will forget it anyways, but the one time it does happen (or something close to it) he will look like Yoda. I miss Manny Steward. He was really good. Gil Clancy was also.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    This may not be popular on here, but I think Teddy Atlas is the worst. He is openly biased, makes silly analogies constantly, and always tries to make some outlandish prediction knowing that if it doesn't happen people will forget it anyways, but the one time it does happen (or something close to it) he will look like Yoda. I miss Manny Steward. He was really good. Gil Clancy was also.
    What I don't like about Atlas, beyond the analogies, is that after he says one thing you know you will hear it 100 more times in the fight. "See, like I said, bang!"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Atlas is hit or miss with me. Sometimes he is fine but he is obviously overboard much of the time. I just hate it when people's thing is to be controversial rather than practical

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones is the greatest to ever box in my opinion. He is often heavily biased though and as I've said before he nearly always roots for the black guy. Last night he was very very pro Ward.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Agreed. Tedy sucks,

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mouro Ranello goes from zero to 100 in one/tenth of one second. f--KING CERTIFIABLE MADMAN

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy was more full on head publicist and defense attorney last night than commentator. Making observations is one thing but constantly arguing anything different at every turn and just dismissing one side gets old. He showed his colors when he sat there berating Paul Williams during Lara fight meanwhile he's still going at 48 in side shows and Bingo Halls after being brutally KO'd a couple times. I'll take Teddy. It's not always pretty and occasionally he goes loud drunken Uncle but the man has legitimate passion for it. Can anyone seriously see him kissing arse and giving a near off camera pass to State commissioner last night post Rigo fiasco? I think Paulie is the best going today.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Roy was more full on head publicist and defense attorney last night than commentator. Making observations is one thing but constantly arguing anything different at every turn and just dismissing one side gets old. He showed his colors when he sat there berating Paul Williams during Lara fight meanwhile he's still going at 48 in side shows and Bingo Halls after being brutally KO'd a couple times. I'll take Teddy. It's not always pretty and occasionally he goes loud drunken Uncle but the man has legitimate passion for it. Can anyone seriously see him kissing arse and giving a near off camera pass to State commissioner last night post Rigo fiasco? I think Paulie is the best going today.
    Love Roy, but yes he's a hypocrite n was talking how that young Russian fighter who Arias stopped was damaged goods and all this whilst Roy keeps fighting on pushing 50! Paulie still keeps it real just like he did after being robbed against Juan Diaz all those years ago.

Thread Information