Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do people not think Mcgregor is going to be TKO'ed / KO'ed in 2 rounds?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why do people not think Mcgregor is going to be TKO'ed / KO'ed in 2 rounds?

Genuinely - now I know everyone pretty much picks Floyd but I can't even see how Mcgregor is going to get out of the first couple of rounds

Lots of people seem to think it could go past halfway, hell, even a decision

People have said floyd is 40, doesn't hit hard and hasn't knocked anyone out since hatton properly (debateable ortiz)

But I think Floyd will literally be able to hit him at will and doubt mcgregor will lay a glove on him. When you can literelly control the ring I don't see how mcgreg can survive long

Am I missing something as to why Mcgregor can even go 6 or 7 rounds let alone distance?

Flloyd in 2 for me

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people not think Mcgregor is going to be TKO'ed / KO'ed in 2 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Genuinely - now I know everyone pretty much picks Floyd but I can't even see how Mcgregor is going to get out of the first couple of rounds

Lots of people seem to think it could go past halfway, hell, even a decision

People have said floyd is 40, doesn't hit hard and hasn't knocked anyone out since hatton properly (debateable ortiz)

But I think Floyd will literally be able to hit him at will and doubt mcgregor will lay a glove on him. When you can literelly control the ring I don't see how mcgreg can survive long

Am I missing something as to why Mcgregor can even go 6 or 7 rounds let alone distance?

Flloyd in 2 for me
    I don't know much about McGregor at all apart from the one fight I watched a few days ago against someone that I thought was a rapper (he got beat) he looked horrible in it and he was badly wobbled before tapping out.

I just think that it may well go past halfway because Floyd will let it.

I don't know what McGregors chin is like, I know I said that I saw him get wobbled but I don't know if that is something that happens regularly or not, I'm guessing not otherwise he wouldn't be the big bollocks of the UFC

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why do people not think Mcgregor is going to be TKO'ed / KO'ed in 2 rounds?

My boy batman said it right. We will probably see the first few rounds of Floyd
    Feeling things out. After that the pace and ending will be set by Floyd. Floyd is a great boxer but also a showman. I could see him actually wanting to give the fans a show. I agree though, Floyd could make this a two round fight but I think he will prefer to make Connor swing at air for a while. I'm with batman though really haven't seen much of Connor but with Floyd does it really matter. If he is truly making 100 million Connor can afford to look like the frustrated fool he will be. Remember canelo swinging at Floyd and missing by half the ring. This is a frickin farce put on by the sogs

El Kabong Guest

Floyd could toy with Conor for 12....I think at some point the fans will want to see Floyd finish the fight off, but we'll see.

Part of me is thinking...Floyd's doing this and showboating and this is pretty much an exhibition and he's going to just stay in shape because IF Canelo shows weaknesses in GGG that could be the last fight Floyd takes and it could be for the most money. If Canelo beats GGG (I highly doubt that happens) then perhaps there's a rematch, but who wants to see that.

GGG has to be the only guy out there in boxing for Floyd right? Floyd ain't going to MMA he's going to poke fun of MMA and get all the MMA fans to buy the fight to see him get KO'd (laughable) but I think the long game is GGG-Mayweather....or rather I HOPE that's the long game because this fight is fucking pathetic.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 06-24-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG Mayweather is never ever going to happen regardless of what happens in their next fights

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    GGG Mayweather is never ever going to happen regardless of what happens in their next fights
    I'm just saying it's the only way it makes sense to me

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Floyd carrying Conor to make it a fight. He's also got to be thankful to Conor and vice versa for mutually making each other tons and tons of money. I see no real animosity between them. That may change once the press conferences begin n bullshit is said from Conor. Floyd carries him as long as Conor's fitness will hold up or until Conor lands a hard shot or gets too aggressive n tries to embarrass Floyd. Then Floyd will finish him.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think mainly because they are UFC/MMA fanboys and the fact that Floyd has no power at all.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think mainly because they are UFC/MMA fanboys and the fact that Floyd has no power at all.
    I think every punch from a professional boxer hurts. In the gym I'm in at this moment there's a 'minimum' weight WBA champion. His punches hurt like hell... and he's just a 'minimum' weight fighter. I'm sure that to Conor a Malinaggi jab will feel like the jab from a UFC heavyweight and that's just Malinaggi, now imagine a better fighter.
    Last edited by wanderingfighter; 06-24-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingfighter View Post
    I think every punch from a professional boxer hurts. In the gym I'm in at this moment there's a 'minimum' weight WBA champion. His punches hurt like hell... and he's just a 'minimum' weight fighter. I'm sure that to Conor a Malinaggi jab will feel like the jab from a UFC heavyweight and that's just Malinaggi, now imagine a better fighter.
    I know nothing of Conor but I am sure he can take Paulie and Floyd' jab, a sustained beating may be another thing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5 reasons I guarantee the fight doesn't end in two:
    1. Floyd doesn't go for the KO until it's obvious the other guy is done
    2. Floyd won't risk his legacy to a lucky punch
    3. Floyd doesn't have one punch power
    4. Floyd has brittle hands
    5. Floyd will want to put on a show for a few rounds at least

I say Floyd wins by mid to late rounds stoppage.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a thought to the people that say if Floyd wins then they wouldn't personally class it as 50-0 because it's a circus.

If Conor did somehow manage to land one big punch and knocks Floyd out then would you personally not class that as 49-1?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight is a bloody FARCE we all no it Mcgregar cant box for shit Floyd is taking the piss hype BS this fight is shameful.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a thought to the people that say if Floyd wins then they wouldn't personally class it as 50-0 because it's a circus.

If Conor did somehow manage to land one big punch and knocks Floyd out then would you personally not class that as 49-1?
    I would class it as the greatest upset of all time and the greatest day in the history of boxing.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would class it as the greatest upset of all time and the greatest day in the history of boxing.
    Doesn't really answer the question at all does it

Thread Information