Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd-McGregor: Winners and Losers

Winners:

Floyd - He's obviously going to win the fight, most likey by early KO unless he decides to stretch it out. But he's also a winner 'cause he's getting paid for an easy night's work. He also gets his 50th, although I still maintain it should have an asterisk attached to it.

McGregor - Strange saying this, but probably even McGregor knows deep inside he has no chance to win a boxing match against Floyd. Still, he's getting paid mega bucks and his fans will remain his fans, just 'cause he's a tough guy warrior and he had the guts to climb in the ring with Floyd. He goes back to MMA richer and more well known than before.

Losers:

Boxing - Not much, mind you. I'd probably put boxing in a "Neutral" or "No Change" column... but I just don't think boxing itself gains anything or any new fans from this circus-like charade. Like with a car crash, people will stop to ogle for awhile... then go back to business as usual. Boxing fans will remain boxing fans, and likewise with MMA fans. Boxing fans can claim some sort of hollow victory over MMA, but it won't matter much. Boxing will have to deal with the embarrassment of handing Floyd his 50th win, gained by beating a non-professional boxer.

DLH - This will probably push him into another cocaine-filled, fishnets-wearing binge. His BFIBH event is being undercut by Floyd, who he obviously hates.

Cotto - It's unfortunate. But what could be a pretty good fight will be totally ignored due to the circus in town on the very same day. And since everybody loves the circus, the crowd watching Cotto-Kamagei could be reduced to dozens.

Fans - Specifically the ones who will pay to watch Floyd-McGregor. But..... a fool and his money.....

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd-McGregor: Winners and Losers

Took me a minute to figure out BFIBH

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will be a loser in this because he has stacked his cards so much in his favour that he looks a complete and utter pussy. He is expected to win and the 50th victory will be as hollow as his head. Fans will remind him constantly of what he could have should have done for the rest of his life.

Floyd will never be loved, respected and honoured as much as he thinks they should.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Took me a minute to figure out BFIBH

good job

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Boxing stands to lose big... When one considers this Idiot set the fight the smallest challenge for the most amount of money trend in motion... and the you don't have to knock someone out or hurt them in order to "dominate" or "Perform" in the "Hurt Game".... and the "I'm risking my life... what's in it for me?" mentalities.

Who's going to be the next one to try this? pac? Wilder? How about more mixed cards where an MMA fighter brutally knocks someone out with a head kick (or worse a punch) and then the boxing match that follows, goes 12 rounds while you have someone pitty patting running around the perimeter? -- Now this could go the other way-- with a brutal boxing KO following 5 rounds of 2 BJJ fighters working out of the gaurd, but MMA doesnt stand to lose any fans to boxing as much as boxing stands to lose to mma. You can still see a boxing KO in an MMA fight. Boxing has been in a slow controlled bleed since its heyday.. Which is pretty good considering the juggernaut the MMA became fan base wise. Both have been able to do their own thing and keep their respective fans and followings and enjoy some bleed over maybe as long as they stayed in their lanes. The comparisons were limited. Bring them together.... and i think that could all go out the window.

Lets look at at the fallout from the likely scenario:

Floyd moves, slips punches, and puts a pasting on Connor. Connor landed some punches but didn't do a lot of damage, and gets serious outgamed without his legs (He uses side kicks like power jabs). Floyd Wins (by ko or decision) .. Yaye Floyd wins... then takes his money and f*cks back off into retirement again. He's not going to fight thurman, porter or any of the other guys climbing the mountain.) The boxing upside ends there. Connor loses and goes back to the UFC... with floyds endorsement (He's a helluva fighter... a helluva fighter) and lets say he goes back and beats a few more guys... Some boxing fans follow him.. Connor, White and the others in MMA ... "Yeah i coodent feel nawtin in dem 12 ounce Glooves... yadda yadda yadda" ... So c'mon over and see Connor fight in his natural habitat.. what you witnessed was not the real Connor. Not saying people will flock in droves over to the next mma ppv.. But considering that Boxing PPVs are suffering and Top rank is resorted to the TV deal with ESPN (ala PBC), for pacs match with horn/ terrence crawford and Loma too.. That's already a red flag and any converts from here out will hurt more.

(There is the scenarios that Connor gets a big fat check and says.. "well ive done it all, theres nawtin left to dooo." and retires too.. but I doubt White lets that happen)
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see your point about boxing losing big, especially if other wannabes want to follow suit. Hopefully if they do, they'll fall flat on their face. I'm hoping only a Floyd can pull this off, as outlandish, ridiculous, and nauseating it might be in the face of the sport of boxing. Wilder hasn't built the stock in boxing to even consider circus stunts like this.

Boxing survived Ali going against martial arts guys and wrestlers. I'm sure it'll survive chickenshit Floyd picking on an MMA guy to get his 50th-asterisk-win.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing will not loose.

No other boxer will follow suit.

You won't see Andre Ward calling out Jon Jones.

This is an event.

Why is everyone crying about it all the time..if you don't like it then don't watch it.(I guarantee that you will)

I can't stand cricket or horse racing so I don't watch it.

Why get 30-40 million fighting Thurman or Spence when you get over 100 million fighting McGregor.?!

Floyd has done enough in the sport of boxing and fought everyone you wanted him to fight..just accept it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Boxing will not loose.

No other boxer will follow suit.

You won't see Andre Ward calling out Jon Jones.

This is an event.

Why is everyone crying about it all the time..if you don't like it then don't watch it.(I guarantee that you will)

I can't stand cricket or horse racing so I don't watch it.

Why get 30-40 million fighting Thurman or Spence when you get over 100 million fighting McGregor.?!

Floyd has done enough in the sport of boxing and fought everyone you wanted him to fight..just accept it.
    My problem has never been with Floyd. I don't blame MacGregor taking that sort of money either.
    My problem is with the people who run the "SPORT" for allowing it. And let's not forget, it is supposed to be a sport, and in Sport, you look for as even a matchup as you can get.
    My problem is also with the Public, who fuelled by the media have this crazed obsession with Floyd.
    Most of the people are obsessed because they want to see him lose! It's fucking ridiculous.
    And I won't be watching, I promise. I have no interest in it at all, and I don't know why anyone else is interested.
    You can almost see it already, after the Fight, which will result in Floyd toying with MacGregor and outclassing him, I guarantee you will get some dumbasses who turn around and say:
    1. It was boring, Floyd didn't want to attack.
    2. Floyd ran
    3. Floyd is a coward
    Seriously, what the fuck are you expecting?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To put it not so tender, I see this farce as whoring out the sport. It's a con job. It's just a meaningless distraction that unfortunately will over shadow boxing and it's dedicated professionals. If I was one of Mayweathers fighters carrying his water on the undercard I'd demand to fight with a paper bag on my head.

On a side note I'm sitting here watching Heather Hardy win her mma debut..only because no live boxing is on . Betting she has taken adapting mma skills and intentions much more serious than Conner has his boxing.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Boxing will not loose.No other boxer will follow suit.You won't see Andre Ward calling out Jon Jones.This is an event.Why is everyone crying about it all the time..if you don't like it then don't watch it.(I guarantee that you will)I can't stand cricket or horse racing so I don't watch it.Why get 30-40 million fighting Thurman or Spence when you get over 100 million fighting McGregor.?!Floyd has done enough in the sport of boxing and fought everyone you wanted him to fight..just accept it.
    My problem has never been with Floyd. I don't blame MacGregor taking that sort of money either.My problem is with the people who run the "SPORT" for allowing it. And let's not forget, it is supposed to be a sport, and in Sport, you look for as even a matchup as you can get. My problem is also with the Public, who fuelled by the media have this crazed obsession with Floyd.Most of the people are obsessed because they want to see him lose! It's fucking ridiculous. And I won't be watching, I promise. I have no interest in it at all, and I don't know why anyone else is interested.You can almost see it already, after the Fight, which will result in Floyd toying with MacGregor and outclassing him, I guarantee you will get some dumbasses who turn around and say:1. It was boring, Floyd didn't want to attack.2. Floyd ran3. Floyd is a cowardSeriously, what the fuck are you expecting?
    Boxing is not just a sport. It has no unified body running it. The idea of an even match up is hopeful at best, and not what happens consistently at any level from amateur kids to international professional adults. Promoters and managers put on what will sell or further their prospect and despite this boxing survives and continues to produce enthralling contests as well as average and poor ones. Without this panoply of pugilism the art would be poorer and less meaningful. It is the maverick in a predictable overly health and safety obsessed society in which codified bodies have reduced many other martial arts to point scoring exercises. Boxing runs the gamut and fights like this one are vital so that we cherish real classics when they happen and appreciate small Hall cogs that drive the bigger machine.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fans/boxing are certainly not going to be losers, just look at the interest it's generated. All the people that are boycotting this rubbish can't stop talking about it.

You hate it so much you can't stop promoting it. Exactly why the fight is happening.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    The fans/boxing are certainly not going to be losers, just look at the interest it's generated. All the people that are boycotting this rubbish can't stop talking about it.

You hate it so much you can't stop promoting it. Exactly why the fight is happening.
    Completely agree.

Let's imagine for some strange reason Canelo beats GGG..everyone will be screaming for Floyd to fight Canelo in another rematch. (154)

It will be the same result but a lot more money this time round...how will he refuse..it's raining money for these guys and Canelo doesn't really deserve it compared to other top tier fighters.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Completely agree.

Let's imagine for some strange reason Canelo beats GGG..everyone will be screaming for Floyd to fight Canelo in another rematch. (154)

It will be the same result but a lot more money this time round...how will he refuse..it's raining money for these guys and Canelo doesn't really deserve it compared to other top tier fighters.
    When GGG rips Canelo apart watch the stuttering dumb ass Floyd say he will not fight him because there is no demand for the fight. Floyd is an utter cunt and just because I watch will not mean I support this event.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will never fight at 160.

Your hate for him is overpowering.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will never fight at 160.

Your hate for him is overpowering.
    Yes that is the reason not the fact he would get destroyed.

Your love for Floyd is truly sickening.

Thread Information