Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Jacobs- Underrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Isn't it worth mentioning that Jacobs hulked up to a super heavyweight before the fight.

I had Jacobs winning at the time but he did give himself a pretty big unfair advantage
    He made weight, just didn't do second day weigh in
    he refused the same day weigh in which meant that he wasn't eligible to win the IBF belt, don't get me wrong I know that he technically didn't miss the weight but it is pretty obvious that his tactics were to blow up as much as possible.
    Mate, he didn't break any rules, he used them to give himself the best chance of winning.
    The people who are wrong in this are the WBC &WBA.
    If they had the same ruling , Jacobs would've had no choice.
    Everyone can see it's a sensible policy, but since when did anyone give a fuck about that?
    I did say "is it worth mentioning"
    That was his game plan, no doubt about it, he did break the IBF rules, I'm not saying it is a massive issue or that he should have been DQ'd or anything like that, I just think it played a part in the performance.

Old ginger pubes has been doing it in every fight for years.
    For the record Jacobs said he was surprised when he woke up 2 pounds over the reweigh weight. He said it wasn't his plan. Could be true, could be BS. But I have no reason not to trust the guy. I don't pay close enough attention to him to say "he has a history of lying"
    I've gotta be honest I've never heard him talk about the weigh in issue, I just always assumed it was a game plan.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Batman .... I think the weight issue is what prompted judges to start him with a two point deficit. It's one of those unwritten rules of the sport, depending how gluttonous you come into a fight, you are gonna start off behind just because. You have to either wn convincingly every single bloody round, of you had better ko.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Isn't it worth mentioning that Jacobs hulked up to a super heavyweight before the fight.

I had Jacobs winning at the time but he did give himself a pretty big unfair advantage
    He made weight, just didn't do second day weigh in
    he refused the same day weigh in which meant that he wasn't eligible to win the IBF belt, don't get me wrong I know that he technically didn't miss the weight but it is pretty obvious that his tactics were to blow up as much as possible.
    Mate, he didn't break any rules, he used them to give himself the best chance of winning.
    The people who are wrong in this are the WBC &WBA.
    If they had the same ruling , Jacobs would've had no choice.
    Everyone can see it's a sensible policy, but since when did anyone give a fuck about that?
    I did say "is it worth mentioning"
    That was his game plan, no doubt about it, he did break the IBF rules, I'm not saying it is a massive issue or that he should have been DQ'd or anything like that, I just think it played a part in the performance.

Old ginger pubes has been doing it in every fight for years.
    For the record Jacobs said he was surprised when he woke up 2 pounds over the reweigh weight. He said it wasn't his plan. Could be true, could be BS. But I have no reason not to trust the guy. I don't pay close enough attention to him to say "he has a history of lying"
    I've gotta be honest I've never heard him talk about the weigh in issue, I just always assumed it was a game plan.
    In this he says he didn't want to wake up for it. So, 2 different stories, with conflicting stories I just trust neither.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-ex...-fight--114794

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I've watched the fight several times, never seen Jacobs win. I can get the draw, with a struggle, but the win I can't see without pretending Golovkin lost.

I didn't watch the fight thinking Jacob's was cannon fodder though, I thought he was a top fighter before. I think that played a big part in the scoring. Due to expectation Jacob's success was overplayed, Golovkin's overlooked.

Miles post sums it up - a perception that Jacobs threw/landed more punches when in fact Golovkin threw something like a hundred more, 200 more jabs and out-threw him in nearly every round. And that completely ignores Golovkin always looked to be dictating the pace/ring.
    Golovkins jab was on point. I just weigh power punches more. And Jacobs landed more power punches in nearly every round. 8/12 by compubox. But I think it was more than that. In the fight thread people were laughing at how far off they felt compubox was.

First viewing I thought it could go either way. The more times I watch it the more clearly I pick Jacobs because of ring generalship and power punches.

What's to be taken from it though is GGG is a great fighter, so for Jacobs to be right with him means he's damn good too.

Punches landed is not accurate or definitive, it's just the opinion of the individual compubox enumerator, only punches thrown can be accurately recorded.

And "power punches" are recorded as any punch thrown that isn't a jab. Therefore a tap whilst in a clinch is recorded as a power punch, a slap, swing, push-punch. Again, what is "landed" should never even be considered.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is Jacobs underrated? Maybe before Golovkin beat him, but not now. Ron is right in that being able to keep Golovkin so honest he really made a statement. I think whatever side of the argument you fall on it is agreed it was a close fight. For me Golovkin did the job he needed to against his best opponent yet. Surprised Jacobs team are letting momentum slide by not even throwing names out there. GGG is all set and Jacob is just treading water. He needs to fight soon.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    How is Jacobs underrated? Maybe before Golovkin beat him, but not now. Ron is right in that being able to keep Golovkin so honest he really made a statement. I think whatever side of the argument you fall on it is agreed it was a close fight. For me Golovkin did the job he needed to against his best opponent yet. Surprised Jacobs team are letting momentum slide by not even throwing names out there. GGG is all set and Jacob is just treading water. He needs to fight soon.
    He called out BJS and Lemiuex. They said they would rather fight each other. But when that didn't happen neither looked at him.

Chavez Jr seems to be calling Jacobs out under the premise he was weight drained vs Canelo and will be better at 168. If Jacobs took that fight I wouldn't respect it but I'd understand it.

I suspect if Charlo beats Heiland we'll see Charlo vs Jacobs for a belt. I don't know what Jacobs is rated by that organisation so I'm not saying it by any evidence. Just what I suspect. Neither is a lucrative opponent, both are talented. I don't see others jumping to fight them. We already know Canelo doesn't want Charlo and GGG is not interested in a Jacobs rematch. It's no stretch to assume GGG isn't interested in Charlo and Canelo would not want Jacobs. So why not Charlo vs Jacobs?

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    He called out BJS and Lemiuex. They said they would rather fight each other. But when that didn't happen neither looked at him.

Chavez Jr seems to be calling Jacobs out under the premise he was weight drained vs Canelo and will be better at 168. If Jacobs took that fight I wouldn't respect it but I'd understand it.

I suspect if Charlo beats Heiland we'll see Charlo vs Jacobs for a belt. I don't know what Jacobs is rated by that organisation so I'm not saying it by any evidence. Just what I suspect. Neither is a lucrative opponent, both are talented. I don't see others jumping to fight them. We already know Canelo doesn't want Charlo and GGG is not interested in a Jacobs rematch. It's no stretch to assume GGG isn't interested in Charlo and Canelo would not want Jacobs. So why not Charlo vs Jacobs?
    Charlo / Jacobs is a great fight. Jacobs has more than made his point.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information