Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: McGregor has gone too far with His racism

With his "Dance for me, boy" comment, I'd cut him some slack. I've always thought the use of the word "boy" is prone to hypersensitive reactions from blacks. "Boy" can be used as opposed to "man", where you're trying to demean you're opponent. Have the recipient be white, and it'd be no issue at all. That's a tough one to call.

But when given the opportunity to clear the air, McGregor goes a bit further and calls himself black from the waist down. That was a bit more unfortunate, and probably lends more credence to the "racist" accusations.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What does "dancing monkeys" mean? Why did he say that, I can't keep up with all this triggerisation shit.

Cunts are in a billion dollar fight yet it still has to be turned into a battle of the races. Only in America!!!
    Yes, in America when people say racist shit we call it what it is
    https://youtu.be/VdWCozFwLhE
    No you don't you call it exercising free speech or a presidential tweet
    Everyone has free speech but then they are accountable for what they said including the neanderthal moron criminal president.
    I get what you are saying but you had segregation until 1964. Over here we never had segregation. Some establishments though had signs saying

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

so I think the monkey thing is just people barking up the wrong tree .( I probably could have worded that better ) but I think the reality is pair of them are probably dicks and Mayweather is probably more racist than the Paddy.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does "dancing monkeys" mean? Why did he say that, I can't keep up with all this triggerisation shit.

Cunts are in a billion dollar fight yet it still has to be turned into a battle of the races. Only in America!!!
    Everyone has free speech but then they are accountable for what they said including the neanderthal moron criminal president.
    I get what you are saying but you had segregation until 1964. Over here we never had segregation. Some establishments though had signs saying

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

so I think the monkey thing is just people barking up the wrong tree .( I probably could have worded that better ) but I think the reality is pair of them are probably dicks and Mayweather is probably more racist than the Paddy.
    Mehhh, but probably you would call it the other way around if Trump or I had said it

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

Mehhh, but probably you would call it the other way around if Trump or I had said it
    Brock you called black people Gorillas so get some perspective.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

I would never call any upstanding citizen weather black white green purple or yellow a gorilla. But any kind of criminal or terrorist or murderer should be called a gorilla don't you think? It had nothing to do with the person being black.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

I would never call any upstanding citizen weather black white green purple or yellow a gorilla. But any kind of criminal or terrorist or murderer should be called a gorilla don't you think? It had nothing to do with the person being black.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

Beanz do explain it to me instead of just face palming it please.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

Come on man, if it isn't racism then why does it keep being used? You see the monkey thing at soccer matches, you see it on Russian candy that was made to insult Obama, you see it from racist after racist. Always intended as an insult. Always at black people. Nobody is unaware what they are saying when they say it.

Floyd is a giant POS, I have no doubt he's a racist. And he called McGregor a faggot today, I'm in no way defending Floyd.

I'm saying it's about time people stop denegrating others. And if they do they should be called on it.

I actually think Conor is a funny guy, although the press conferences got worse and worse after Toronto. But there is no place in civilized society for dancing monkeys comments. Insulting a person is very different from saying something an entire population is offended by. And offended by for good reason. We don't need to search for historical content. Watch Germany play Nigeria in a friendly, you'll see fans with bananas. It is quite deliberate. The "I didn't know" defence doesn't fly. Just because it's accepted to call black people monkeys in Russia or Taiwan or China or wherever doesn't make it right.

I think a simple rule of thumb is if the KKK say it, don't say it.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 07-15-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not a soccer fan and never was and find the sport rather boring so I would not know about that. Do people actually literally bring bananas to the stadium when for example Nigeria is playing? That is Despicable I cannot believe that that still goes on in 2017

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i cant take the press on this fight, i probably wont even watch it. its just to much shit and money involved. i cant se why any boxing fan wants to go see all this press thing going on for a couple of months to se a fights thats no worth anybodies time.

am i on the right track or am i boring?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've not watched the pressers becauseI have zero interest in the fight.

I am pretty confident that McGregor hasn't said anything remotely racist.

I often refer to people as monkeys, nothing to do with racism at all.

Shall I be the first to say "political correctness gone mad '

Grow the fuck up, watch the fight of you are interested, don't watch it if you are not interested, just don't fabricate shit about racism just to satisfy your own self righteousness

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Grow the fuck up, watch the fight of you are interested, don't watch it if you are not interested, just don't fabricate shit about racism just to satisfy your own self righteousness
    You admit you don't watch but tell those that do what happened. I always assume most here are British. But that sounds oh so American.

Support racism all you wish though. Others will denounce it as they wish too.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hotel training scene
    https://youtu.be/cvgw2lp7FHU

Don't see any monkeys, let alone dancing monkeys. Does he mean the 3 women dancers? Is that the argument? Have we gone this far down the rabbit hole to hold onto the right to call people "dancing monkeys". Is it that important to you to be able to call people dancing monkeys? I would love to hear why anyone needs to be able to call people dancing monkeys.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe you people are taking this seriously. The two of them are practically laughing at each other up there. Mayweather even commented that Connor was interesting and that he liked him. The fights geared to the casual fan... so talking about a persons actual skills, fight style or anything is not going to round up viewers. Any racial comments, personal style comments, lifestyle comments are made deliberately so people can identify, take it personally and fork over 100dollars they normally wouldn't care enough to pay. It's part of the circus.

It wasn't racist when Mayweather made the same kind of comments about Pacquiao or Jeremy Lin? Being a polarizing figure is all part of the bait. If you don't like him and want to see him win, you'll hate him and pay to see him lose. They're both in on it and if you can't see that by now, you're probably falling for it. It's classic wwe, soap opera drama. Hopkins throwing your flag down isn't going to get it done anymore. So why not prey on everyone's sensitivities, paranoia and tension caused by the political climate and really trigger people. It's all fun and profitable till someone that doesn't know its a show or bought into it too much and does something stupid and someone gets hurt. What will it be, people throwing bows in the crowd? outside? someone gets shot? Asinine way to encourage people to watch so they can both make their nut.. not to mention prostitute our sport.

bet you these assh0les start hanging out after this fight. ..
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

You admit you don't watch but tell those that do what happened. I always assume most here are British. But that sounds oh so American.

Support racism all you wish though. Others will denounce it as they wish too.
    So because @Batman feels it wasn't intended racially , he supports racism?
    By the same context, all you clowns commenting on this whole fucking circus act are supporting it and mugging yourselves off.
    Oh yeah, lots of you "purists" are trying to be "true to your boxing knowledge" by acknowledging that it is one-sided yadda yadda, so people don't think you're actually interested in the fight as a sporting occasion.
    But you're just trying to cover up that you "SUPPORT" this rubbish.
    You should all be pretty embarrassed really.

Thread Information