Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: McGregor has gone too far with His racism

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Hotel training scene
    https://youtu.be/cvgw2lp7FHU

Don't see any monkeys, let alone dancing monkeys. Does he mean the 3 women dancers? Is that the argument? Have we gone this far down the rabbit hole to hold onto the right to call people "dancing monkeys". Is it that important to you to be able to call people dancing monkeys? I would love to hear why anyone needs to be able to call people dancing monkeys.
    There is a scene in Paradise Alley with a dancing monkey but I think you and Brock are missing the point. McGregor has referred to himself as a "dancing monkey" when talking about press commitments, he only a couple day ago referred to Mayweather's two white bodyguards as "Steroid Monkeys". People are so eager to want to be offended and that is quite clear from people being up in arms already because McGregor asked Floyd to dance for him. That is what Floyds does, it is his trademark and the is greatest backhanded compliment he could have thrown at him. His ability to move is what makes him stand out and gives him room to work.

Yes there are terrible Racists in European football but Hurling is more popular in Ireland. Is it now unacceptable to use the word monkey? of course not, and yes racism should be called out for what it is but I think people are just as eager to make Mcgregor fit into some cliched backwards Irish stereotype that they cannot see their nose for their face.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What does "dancing monkeys" mean? Why did he say that, I can't keep up with all this triggerisation shit.

Cunts are in a billion dollar fight yet it still has to be turned into a battle of the races. Only in America!!!
    Yes, in America when people say racist shit we call it what it is
    https://youtu.be/VdWCozFwLhE
    No you don't you call it exercising free speech or a presidential tweet
    Everyone has free speech but then they are accountable for what they said including the neanderthal moron criminal president.
    I get what you are saying but you had segregation until 1964. Over here we never had segregation. Some establishments though had signs saying

NO IRISH
    NO BLACKS
    NO DOGS

so I think the monkey thing is just people barking up the wrong tree .( I probably could have worded that better ) but I think the reality is pair of them are probably dicks and Mayweather is probably more racist than the Paddy.
    Mehhh, but probably you would call it the other way around if Trump or I had said it
    Brock you called black people Gorillas so get some perspective.
    I would never call any upstanding citizen weather black white green purple or yellow a gorilla. But any kind of criminal or terrorist or murderer should be called a gorilla don't you think? It had nothing to do with the person being black.
    Beanz do explain it to me instead of just face palming it please.
    So it is OK for you to use the word Gorilla without any care for the fact that people may misconstrue it because you have only ever used it to refer to black thugs, but people cannot use the word monkey? This is how over the top PC and messed up you are. Look at you signature pic. Someone once accused you of being racist and you responded with a picture of you holding somebodies Asian child. Seriously why would you have to do that and what does that prove? Overcompensation.

Plenty of white racists with non white wives. In fact it is frighteningly common. There is no logic in racism it is dumb and stupid.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hotel training scene
    https://youtu.be/cvgw2lp7FHU

Don't see any monkeys, let alone dancing monkeys. Does he mean the 3 women dancers? Is that the argument? Have we gone this far down the rabbit hole to hold onto the right to call people "dancing monkeys". Is it that important to you to be able to call people dancing monkeys? I would love to hear why anyone needs to be able to call people dancing monkeys.
    There is a scene in Paradise Alley with a dancing monkey but I think you and Brock are missing the point. McGregor has referred to himself as a "dancing monkey" when talking about press commitments, he only a couple day ago referred to Mayweather's two white bodyguards as "Steroid Monkeys". People are so eager to want to be offended and that is quite clear from people being up in arms already because McGregor asked Floyd to dance for him. That is what Floyds does, it is his trademark and the is greatest backhanded compliment he could have thrown at him. His ability to move is what makes him stand out and gives him room to work.

Yes there are terrible Racists in European football but Hurling is more popular in Ireland. Is it now unacceptable to use the word monkey? of course not, and yes racism should be called out for what it is but I think people are just as eager to make Mcgregor fit into some cliched backwards Irish stereotype that they cannot see their nose for their face.
    What is "Paradise Alley"? I watched Rocky III last night in hopes I am wrong. That my relatives yelling at me about how offended they are are wrong. I didn't see a monkey. I did see that before the first fight Rocky was being interviewed with manners and they were harassing Clubber literally saying "Clubber, dance for us". Coincidence? Or was it a statement? Let's not be naive.

Using a word for yourself doesn't make it okay to use it towards others that are offended by it and for long established reasons. If I call myself the n word I'm not suddenly allowed to call people that.

I understand ideally race matters f all. All things should be fair, all people afforded equal opportunity and treatment according to their actions. But until we as an entire species become better we have to acknowledge that some feel judged unjustifiably. And statistics support that is an undeniable fact. So we must avoid specific triggers that everyone knows remind people of horrible treatment from ignorant people.

Understand I in no way suggest Conor has anything against black people. I don't know him to know that. But there's a reason the show that asked the question that led to "dancing monkeys" took it off their site right away. Everyone knows it's offensive. I didn't know quite how offensive until my phone started blowing up about it. But I damn well knew it was offensive.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more...id=mailsignout

Floyd complains about McGregor "calling him a monkey."

Monkeys' reaction.....

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I've not watched the pressers becauseI have zero interest in the fight.

I am pretty confident that McGregor hasn't said anything remotely racist.

I often refer to people as monkeys, nothing to do with racism at all.

Shall I be the first to say "political correctness gone mad '

Grow the fuck up, watch the fight of you are interested, don't watch it if you are not interested, just don't fabricate shit about racism just to satisfy your own self righteousness
    I'm the biggest racist going besides @walrus so no way would I fabricate phony outrage SJW shit. I do believe Floyd is a Banana.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This policing of language is something I would disregard openly and publicly.

I can think of at least one word I wouldn't pronounce that links back to a dark past (unintended pun), and that's the one that rhymes with "trigger"

Hate speech is clearly an exception too, as it is defined as speech that calls for violence.

Hate speech is not defined as something that people simply disagree with. Policing language because of disagreements in beliefs people chose to hold is simply a form of control for the sake of it.

Thread Information