Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Listen to this freakos, Batman has joined a gym.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Listen to this freakos, Batman has joined a gym.

7:50 in the AM and on a Sunday and I'm on the bus heading to the gym, by rights I should be in bed hungover right now.

To be honest the only reason I didn't order a meal last night was because I didn't want a vindaloo rolling around in my guts whilst I was running around, that could have been quite nasty and would have probably ended up as an entry in Brocks shit diary.

I'm looking forward to next week when I will already be in town so won't need to keep fucking about with the bus to get there and back.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am in Gran Canaria and eating a lot of healthy food after binging on ice cream and dessert.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good stuff, Batman. I hope you are keeping up with it all. I am finding it all a bit easier now which probably means I need to step it up some more. I have gained a kilo and I can only assume it is muscle as I don't really have any fat. It's too hot and humid to go for my walk outside so I am going to start using the treadmills now. I want to try and do different exercises with the dumbbells, but I haven't practiced them before and I don't want to look like a prat in front of others, so I am not doing as much there as I should. Will go in at 7am and see if I can get some alone time to practice.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am in Gran Canaria and eating a lot of healthy food after binging on ice cream and dessert.
    I am doing a lot of swimming very tiring afterwards and gives me a good appetite.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I usually go for a bit of a workout every couple of days, but today I was wild and went the second day in a row! 3 miles on a treadmill just walking fast might not sound much, but I was feeling it a bit at the end. Had sweat dripping into my shirt even with a huge fan and the AC on. Yet next to me were these men obviously much healthier than me running pretty fast. It's one of the reasons I have avoided the treadmills, but you have to start from somewhere and 3 miles is better than 1 or even 2. I moved on to a heavier set of dumbbells too. You can feel them more and you can see my skinny arms doing the work with veins popping out all over the place. Would like to lift the bar weight, but I am still too shy to go anywhere near that. Sometimes I wish there was an instructor there to teach me about form and technique. Kind of on your own in there.

Batman how is your gym work going? What kind of routine are you doing in there? As a fellow beginner it might be good to share ideas as I don't really have a clue half the time. Just seem to do a bit on each of the machines, do the dumbells and now brave enough to go on the treadmill. Was in there 90 minutes today! Usually do just 30-40 minutes of weights, but the treadmill takes up time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am doing a lot of swimming very tiring afterwards and gives me a good appetite.
    When not on holiday, do you go to a gym?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    When not on holiday, do you go to a gym?
    Yes I do about 4 times per week hard cardio but do not when on holiday.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I usually go for a bit of a workout every couple of days, but today I was wild and went the second day in a row! 3 miles on a treadmill just walking fast might not sound much, but I was feeling it a bit at the end. Had sweat dripping into my shirt even with a huge fan and the AC on. Yet next to me were these men obviously much healthier than me running pretty fast. It's one of the reasons I have avoided the treadmills, but you have to start from somewhere and 3 miles is better than 1 or even 2. I moved on to a heavier set of dumbbells too. You can feel them more and you can see my skinny arms doing the work with veins popping out all over the place. Would like to lift the bar weight, but I am still too shy to go anywhere near that. Sometimes I wish there was an instructor there to teach me about form and technique. Kind of on your own in there.

Batman how is your gym work going? What kind of routine are you doing in there? As a fellow beginner it might be good to share ideas as I don't really have a clue half the time. Just seem to do a bit on each of the machines, do the dumbells and now brave enough to go on the treadmill. Was in there 90 minutes today! Usually do just 30-40 minutes of weights, but the treadmill takes up time.
    I would be on a machine behind you and my eyes 👀 would look like headlights

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf

yeah it's going alright at the moment, I'm trying to go 3 times a week (although I didn't go on Thursday due to being hungover to fuck so I actually went out for a short run on the evening instead)

I'm not doing much at the moment, I've started C25K and have just finished the first week on that so I'm going to be starting week 2 tomorrow, it's worth taking a look at if you are interested on the treadmills and are very much a beginner.

week one is 8 reps of running for 60 seconds walking for 90 seconds, week two is 8 reps of running for 90 seconds and walking for 2 minutes, week three is 2 reps of 90 seconds running and 90 seconds walking then run for three minutes walking for three minutes

etc, the goal is to get you to run 5k in 9 weeks

once I've done that I do 30 minutes on the exercise bike

Its not much but as you say everyone has to start somewhere

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds good, probably burning a lot of calories with that. You are very brave for going all in with running from the off. Honestly, the guys lifting weights and those running with good technique on the treadmills embarrass me a bit. Keep at it. Totally feeling it after 90 minutes yesterday, need a proper day off to rest.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to enjoy it somewhat, why bother with treadmills? Just limber up, try skipping rope or doing some dynamic stretching and the like. Eat less shit in order to keep drinking and still get results. I would ice all of you mother fuckers, lights out paper champs.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Batman that is wonderful. You pump that iron. Weight resistance is the key. Good job. Go light on cardio.
    Ha!

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I would be on a machine behind you and my eyes 👀 would look like headlights

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Batman, is this you versus the 140lb boxer?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'm still going, at the minute I've taken to focusing entirely on the treadmill, I'm still doing the C25K thing and I'm going to be starting week 3 when I next go to the gym.

I'm feeling better, I'm still sweating like a stuck pig and getting pretty out of puff (I know people tell you not to get out of breath by the time the walking intervals are up I'm fine and my heart rate has dropped sufficiently) I noticed today that I actually felt more comfortable going at a faster speed than I have been, so obviously something is working.

The pain is feeling much better as well, when I tried running on the pavement the agony was fucking crippling, it was pretty bad when I started on the treadmill as well but that seems to be dissipating pretty fast and I'm left with a good sort of pain.

I've still not lost any timber that I have noticed yet but my leg muscles are growing at a pretty alarming rate, I've always had pretty thick legs, in fact if I wouldn't have discovered cigarettes and alcohol when I was 14 I most likely would have ended up playing rugby but there you go.

Anyways man, I'm feeling pretty good, I know it still isn't a lot that I'm doing but I'm quarter of the way through C25K and within (a minimum) of 6 more weeks the goal is to be able to run 30 minutes non stop, once I can do that I can work on distance and then I can start incorporating other things into this newfound lifestyle.

Also (and @Master you will be very please about this) Thursday nights have always been my prequel to the weekend where I blast my music and down 8 cans of strong lager, today I went to the gym and drank a fuck load of water, I'm trying to give myself 3 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday) at the minute but it's been a bit hit and miss with social commitments.

Next step when I get paid I'm gunna invest in a semi decent pair of trainers, the ones I'm in at the moment are alright but not really made specifically for running (plus they stink like satans arsehole after a vindaloo)

Thread Information