Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Come on Deontay...get your finger out.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Come on Deontay...get your finger out.

FFS...let's make this Ortiz fight happen and start making some serious waves in the heavyweight division.

Do we all want Joshua/Wilder early 2018 to decide who is the best on the planet?

Fury is undecided on his future.

Parker is the easiest route for a world title.

Haye is occupied with Bellew and Ward in a love triangle.

Who has best skillset to come out on top from all the above...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua, Wilder, Ortiz, and Klitschko are the only names that matter. I believe Joshua will emerge victorious. Wilder is lacking in skill and a coherent game plan while Ortiz and Wlad are aging. Joshua is the total package.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Come on Deontay...get your finger out.

It's not really Wilders choice. It's done on his side. Stiverne is blocking it. All they can do is try to get Stiverne to stop be a dick blocking a great fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's not really Wilders choice. It's done on his side. Stiverne is blocking it. All they can do is try to get Stiverne to stop be a dick blocking a great fight.
    Wilder should rematch with him and get him out of the way. Saves him money, headache and clear run to AJ.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone around Wilder knows that he is effectively still on training wheels and it plays a part in how we're seeing things unfold.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Everyone around Wilder knows that he is effectively still on training wheels and it plays a part in how we're seeing things unfold.
    I agree when looking at his past. But he's been calling for the other champs, AJ has said flat out he is the one putting it off because "that fight should build". Wilder signed to fight Povetkin, it's not Wilders fault Povetkin is Russian and thus a steroid cheat. And here he is trying to make a tough tough fight with little upside. At some point we have to accept the preponderance of new evidence to be what is current.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think wilder is ducking anybody. He seems willing to fight. Ortiz is inactive. He doesn't really seem to be pushing for big fights. AJ and klit are in talks of a rematch so wilder is kind of stuck. I really hope they can push stiverne aside. That is such a pointless fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I agree when looking at his past. But he's been calling for the other champs, AJ has said flat out he is the one putting it off because "that fight should build". Wilder signed to fight Povetkin, it's not Wilders fault Povetkin is Russian and thus a steroid cheat. And here he is trying to make a tough tough fight with little upside. At some point we have to accept the preponderance of new evidence to be what is current.
    I think AJ is simply saying let Wilder make his high caliber mark first. In fairness Joshua has bigger fish to fry and the stage is his right now. Wilder is the guy with asterisk after asterisk as to why he is still doubted and lacking his "super fight". Wilder did in fact walk the walk going over for Povetkin only to have the big juice box screw it up but I seem to remember Ortiz stepping to him to come in as TBA and fill the void only to see Wilder talk up Washington instead because he was appreciative of the opportunity and complain because Ortiz also previously tested dirty, 2+ years earlier. Wilder simply has to break the mold and do everything in his power to step up and step away from a proposed Stivernne rematch that no one wants to see. He looks like a guy very much entrenched in his 'comfort zone' fighting in his immediate backyard against opponents we all know are brought in to lose. The upside for Wilder beating Ortiz is showing everything he has been lacking to be honest. He faces off with AJ's mandatory, the 'boogie man' in the division, a threat who comes to fight and really if he keeps rolling the dice with stand by fights and taking steps sideways with a guy who has done zero in years for a rematch it'll catch up to him. His in ring flaws remain regardless so aim higher, demand better. Apparently there are two possible dates for Wilder v Ortiz and I'm taking that as a great sign.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I'm AJ I make the Wilder fight as soon as possible because Wilder could lose at any moment

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I'm AJ I make the Wilder fight as soon as possible because Wilder could lose at any moment
    Yet Wilder keeps winning. I think only AJ and Wlad could beat him.

Thread Information