Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carl Frampton v Andres Gutierrez 29th July 2017 Channel 5 Real free boxing!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Carl Frampton v Andres Gutierrez 29th July 2017 Channel 5 Real free boxing!!!!

Carl Frampton says a second successive defeat on Saturday could end his career.

Carl Frampton has said defeat by Mexican Andres Gutierrez in Saturday's WBC world featherweight title eliminator could prove "career-ending".

Frampton, 30, has not fought since his loss to Leo Santa Cruz in their WBA featherweight title fight in January.

Gutierrez, 24, has lost one of his 35 bouts and has earned 24 knockout wins.

"What happens if I lose this fight? There is no future," said Frampton, also a previous IBF world super-bantamweight champion.

Santa Cruz's victory over the Northern Irishman in Las Vegas six months ago avenged Frampton's triumph in New York last July.

Despite that first career defeat, Frampton believes he can re-establish himself as the planet's best featherweight.

"I lost a close fight with an under-par performance to a three-weight world champion.

"If I'm performing, I still believe I'm the best featherweight in the world and I believe I can beat guys like Leo Santa Cruz.

"But I don't want to overlook this guy Gutierrez. He is a very good fighter. He's had as many knockout wins as I've had fights."

Frampton had hoped to fight Santa Cruz for a third time this summer but with the WBA champion refusing to travel to Northern Ireland and a mooted contest with IBF champion Lee Selby also not materialising, he is instead fighting Gutierrez in his home city's SSE Arena.

"The most important thing for me was to come back and fight at home," added Frampton.

"But I need to look good. I need to be impressive and show the rest of the featherweights that the last fight was just a blip."

While Frampton has insisted he will not under-estimate Gutierrez, ranked eighth by the WBC, the Belfast man believes the home town crowd could help him clinch a knockout triumph.

"The noise, the atmosphere in the arena inspires me and the Chris Avalos fight (February 2015), the last time I fought in Belfast, I think that was my best performance even though some people say that was my first fight against Santa Cruz.

"If I'm performing, and with the way the last couple of weeks in sparring have gone, if I can carry that into the ring on Saturday night then I think I will get rid of this guy (knock him out)."

Both fighters attended a public workout with Gutierrez noticeably slimmer than when he attended the fight announcement in Belfast six weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/40730161

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton v Andres Gutierrez 29th July 2017 Channel 5 Real free boxing!!!!

A bit of over exaggeration? If he loses that could be the end of his career? Really? It wouldn't be good for him to lose, but it wouldn't be a career ending loss.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton v Andres Gutierrez 29th July 2017 Channel 5 Real free boxing!!!!

Gutierrez could still be unbeaten as the Mijares loss could have gone either way. I think it could be a decent scrap. A Frampton KO would be impressive.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    A bit of over exaggeration? If he loses that could be the end of his career? Really? It wouldn't be good for him to lose, but it wouldn't be a career ending loss.
    I know it is an exaggeration but it sells well if you say that, even if it is free.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These channel 5 shows starting with the main event at 10pm is rubbish, it's like the bad old days when you never saw an undercard. Got to wait all bloody Saturday night for one match.

Anyway... bit surprised Gutierrez has been so readily written off (for the tiny handful of fans that are interested). A 24-year-old, 35-1 (25 KOs) Mexican that has suffered one disputed loss to Mijares is a 10/1 shot. 10/1! McGregor is twice as likely to beat Floyd than Frampton suffers a loss against an unexposed guy that's held his own in world-class.

However, Gutierrez does look made for Framton - come forward pressure fighter. Doesn't look an explosive puncher but wasn't slowing down in the Mijares fight. If Frampton can't put a dent in him early he better be in terrific shape. Frampton is 7/2/Gutieerrez 25/1 to win rds 7-12
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-28-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    These channel 5 shows starting with the main event at 10pm is rubbish, it's like the bad old days when you never saw an undercard. Got to wait all bloody Saturday night for one match.

Anyway... bit surprised Gutierrez has been so readily written off (for the tiny handful of fans that are interested). A 24-year-old, 35-1 (25 KOs) Mexican that has suffered one disputed loss to Mijares is a 10/1 shot. 10/1! McGregor is twice as likely to beat Floyd than Frampton suffers a loss against an unexposed guy that's held his own in world-class.

However, Gutierrez does look made for Framton - come forward pressure fighter. Doesn't look an explosive puncher but wasn't slowing down in the Mijares fight. If Frampton can't put a dent in him early he better be in terrific shape. Frampton is 7/2/Gutieerrez 25/1 to win rds 7-12
    The undercard is usually on that other channel, is it spike tv or something? They just don't publicise it very well at all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You really don't see many bad ranked Mexican fighters in the lighter weights, and I rate Frampton too. Should be a good scrap, with home advantage perhaps being decisive?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton didn't make weight and couldn't be bothered to even try (1lb over).

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah the absolute dog shit undercard is on Spike (apparently).

I'm all for this free TV lark but I prefer a night of boxing not just one poxy fight. I'll gladly watch Connor Benn, Yarde, Dubios, Kelly, Cheese etc, and any other prospect chinning their way through hod carriers and cabbies than nothing at all.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

The undercard is usually on that other channel, is it spike tv or something? They just don't publicise it very well at all.
    The channel are useless at promoting boxing, it is as if they do not want to cover any boxing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always get really annoyed when a fighter fails to make weight. Carl has known the date of the weigh in for several months now, and he was only a pound over. He decided not to make weight so as to give himself an advantage over his opponent, and that is really disrespectful and unprofessional.

He also obviously thinks he is big enough (no pun intended
    ) to get a title shot next without this bout being an eliminator.

Very disrespectful to his opponent.

He is a solid guy, but he is always much shorter than his opponents since he's moved up a weight. If he is now struggling at this weight, he will be tiny compared to the guys in the division above!

If he is so cut and dehydrated that losing the extra pound would have made a difference, he will be really tight even a pound over ..... it will be interesting to see what happens if the fight goes into the 7th

Bad Carl.
    Last edited by X; 07-29-2017 at 09:44 AM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is only one pound and not for the title so give Frampton a break.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It is only one pound and not for the title so give Frampton a break.
    Yeah , fuck it, why even bother with having weigh-ins for non-title fights?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well that's a bloody shame, I backed the Mexican at 12/1, was quite looking forward to it in the end.
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-29-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Thread Information