Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner is done as an elite fighter!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner is done as an elite fighter!

But let's be honest here: Garcia did not burn the house down on Broner. It was a shitty fight. Garcia did enough to win the rounds only because Broner looked half-dead in the ring. Broner landed 25 punches in one round? Half of them jabs? Really? In that division? I know heavyweights that land triple than in a round. Come on.... The fight either was a sham, Broner got paid to bottle it or he had some medical issue that prevented him from throwing punches. Garcia's punches were not rocking Broner at all, and Broner blocked nearly 60% of those power punches.... Something was foul in this fight.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    But let's be honest here: Garcia did not burn the house down on Broner. It was a shitty fight. Garcia did enough to win the rounds only because Broner looked half-dead in the ring. Broner landed 25 punches in one round? Half of them jabs? Really? In that division? I know heavyweights that land triple than in a round. Come on.... The fight either was a sham, Broner got paid to bottle it or he had some medical issue that prevented him from throwing punches. Garcia's punches were not rocking Broner at all, and Broner blocked nearly 60% of those power punches.... Something was foul in this fight.
    I think broners lack of output was due to Garcia. Garcia cutoff the ring and didn't back up. He controlled the majority of the fight. Broner took some big shots I think that is part and parcel his inability to get punches off. Nothing fishy, broner probably trained halfhearted and got beat

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I think broners lack of output was due to Garcia. Garcia cutoff the ring and didn't back up. He controlled the majority of the fight. Broner took some big shots I think that is part and parcel his inability to get punches off. Nothing fishy, broner probably trained halfhearted and got beat
    I can believe that to be totally honest with you. It's not as if he was not arrested a few weeks before this fight and had criminal matters on his mind. But Broner did nothing in this fight, and even a good fighter with some power like Broner, when the ring is being cut off against a guy that cannot really hurt you, you learn by the 4th or 5th round to walk through it; man up and mix it up!

Broner's mind was elsewhere. He did not make it a fight even though he clearly was losing, and did lose, the boxing match.

I don't want people to use this as a promotional tool for Garcia and saying that this is his signature fight to say he has arrived to the "Welters".... I think Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Errol Spence, or even a Kell Brook or Amir Khan starches him.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I can believe that to be totally honest with you. It's not as if he was not arrested a few weeks before this fight and had criminal matters on his mind. But Broner did nothing in this fight, and even a good fighter with some power like Broner, when the ring is being cut off against a guy that cannot really hurt you, you learn by the 4th or 5th round to walk through it; man up and mix it up!

Broner's mind was elsewhere. He did not make it a fight even though he clearly was losing, and did lose, the boxing match.

I don't want people to use this as a promotional tool for Garcia and saying that this is his signature fight to say he has arrived to the "Welters".... I think Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Errol Spence, or even a Kell Brook or Amir Khan starches him.
    It's not the first time we have seen mikey fight a talented fight. I'm not crowning him goat just looking at this fight. Broner was being hurt that is why he didn't walk through broner

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I disliked the kid before I'm going to say he still has enough in the tank to win a title. He can be a Zab Judah type, but he has to learn to grow up at a certain point as zab did put the nonsense away and fight for something bigger than himself.

I'll go out on a limb and say Broner still has reflexes, can take a decent shot, and is slick and fast enough to make something happen but he needs direction. Last night his corner was a clusterf*ck with all the voices going around. Stafford, Cunningham, the voices in broner's head... Its what happens in a lot of corners. When a fighter is doing well, no ones says anything... when the fighter gets knocked down, he comes back and has 5 people yelling and trying to talk over each other. Stafford had to take control of that, get rid of Cunningham and be the sole voice and get his fighter focused way before fight night.

Garcia is skilled, but last night was more game plan than anything else. When Roberto Garcia Coached maidana to beat broner he created a blueprint. The cat was out of the bag. If you smother Broners offense and take away his room to punch, he panics and the first thing does is attempt to shell up but hes no clottey or wright. So he bolts and you catch him on the way out. Maidana did it with power, Porter did it with activity and bulk. Last night, they pretty much perfected it, when Garcia did it behind the jab and didn't have to expose as much of himself to get on top of broner. Broner needs to trust in his skills, stop being lazy and use his feet. He has 2 gears right now, shuffle at punch or shell up and run because his stance is too wide. He wants to fight half in and half out... close enough to advance and get a highlight reel knockout, but with one foot out the door to lean back away from punches and get a head start in running for his life. He had options to pivot and spin garcia or tied him up but probably didn't have the energy.

Was broner drained a little? probably. He looked a little dry. The fact that he could come in under under 140, means his body is still responding and he had at least enough dedication in the gym to get out in front the weight issue (but a nutritionist or even a good trainer wouldn't let him come in that much under. He can still be a good reclamation project for the right kind of team. But you have to get him away from the bullsh*t even before camp starts. Were talking Catskills/ Cus D'amato isolation.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the fuck was something foul?
    Why was it a sham?
    What makes you think Broner got paid to bottle it?
    What makes you think he had a medical condition?

The dude was soundly beat and hardly put up a fight, that is an outcome that plenty of people predicted before the fight even started.

This whole fucking screaming of FIX and SCAM and FRAUD and whatever the fuck else you wanna shout about on a weekly basis is what hurts boxing.

Not every close decision is a robbery and not every poor performance is a fucking sham.

He got beat no need to throw mad accusations like that around.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Why the fuck was something foul?
    Why was it a sham?
    What makes you think Broner got paid to bottle it?
    What makes you think he had a medical condition?

The dude was soundly beat and hardly put up a fight, that is an outcome that plenty of people predicted before the fight even started.

This whole fucking screaming of FIX and SCAM and FRAUD and whatever the fuck else you wanna shout about on a weekly basis is what hurts boxing.

Not every close decision is a robbery and not every poor performance is a fucking sham.

He got beat no need to throw mad accusations like that around.
    When the fuck was I screaming fix or foul or any type of thing of that nature recently aside from this? The fight was a shitty fight. I would give it two stars, and it did not show Garcia at his best but moreso at his average and Broner at his mediocre level.

When Broner mixed it up with him, he hurt Garcia and I was thinking perhaps Broner wanted to take a stoppage route. Clearly Broner was not himself and it has more to do with him than it did with Garcia.

When you see, at the top level, a shitty performance like that, you have to ask questions why instead of "he got beat". That is obvious, duh. But why and what were the factors- that is why we discuss the matter.

Broner looked in good shape. He came in fit. He was moving good throughout the fight. He could have bullied Garcia, and he had ample opportunities to do so, but he bottled it.... He just bottled it.

Something to me was foul. My-Fucking-Opinion!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is just a lot better than most people are giving him credit for. He is one of the best fighters in the world. I've seen this same thing so many times. It's like when Floyd made good fighters look awful. They couldn't land and would get countered so they wouldn't throw punches.

That's exactly what Garcia did to Broner. He smothered his punches and would counter when Broner tried to get off first. It's not as if we haven't watched Broner many times before and seen this weakness. Even feather fisted Paulie made him stop throwing by smothering him.

Broner looked to be in good shape in this fight. Much better than previous ones. He was just beat by a much better fighter. I'm sure Broner trained well and had a good gameplan. Garcia should get all the credit for fighting a near flawless fight. We shouldn't be talking about how bad Broner looked unless we understand that he looked bad because Garcia made him look bad.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Garcia is just a lot better than most people are giving him credit for. He is one of the best fighters in the world. I've seen this same thing so many times. It's like when Floyd made good fighters look awful. They couldn't land and would get countered so they wouldn't throw punches.

That's exactly what Garcia did to Broner. He smothered his punches and would counter when Broner tried to get off first. It's not as if we haven't watched Broner many times before and seen this weakness. Even feather fisted Paulie made him stop throwing by smothering him.

Broner looked to be in good shape in this fight. Much better than previous ones. He was just beat by a much better fighter. I'm sure Broner trained well and had a good gameplan. Garcia should get all the credit for fighting a near flawless fight. We shouldn't be talking about how bad Broner looked unless we understand that he looked bad because Garcia made him look bad.
    I just don't think Garcia looked all that good or had the tools to neutralize Broner the way it appeared. It was not an impressive, controlling fight for me. With Floyd, you can see CLEARLY how Floyd dominates and hits and not get hit. A Chris Byrd is another example of how great technicians can make very good fighters look shitty. But this was not the case last night to me, and something just does not sit well.... jmo...

Al Bernstein said it best last night: "Garcia did nothing in excess, but he knew a slight uptick in volume would help.".... In a nutshell: Al saw it was a shitty fight, Al saw Broner lethargic and incapable of fighting back. It was more of how shitty Broner was and not how great Garcia was.

We have to ask: Why?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are two fight highlight reels of last night. The first one does not look like Broner being dominated, and the second one gave more to Garcia and it still did not look like a dominant performance. Broner is done to me, and it is not because he is a terrible person or cannot be a better fighter, but clearly he has some issues that prevent him from being the best of the best.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The blueprint to beat broner is too smother him.

He should call out terrace crawford and keep milking those paydays until everyone has had enough.

That Maidana loss broke him mentally.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

yeah this fight shows that Broner is not as good as people thought or Garcia is a lot better depending how you look at it.

my take is that Garcia is a very good fighter and Broner just wasn't in his league. No shame in that but he wasn't exactly gracious in defeat and can't use the weight excuse. I saw him claim Garcia ran which shows an element of delusion because Broner was the one in survival mode. It's the most damaging of all his losses because he was fighting a smaller guy who fought like the bigger guy, he was gunshy & Broner seemed to accept defeat early in the fight
    For mikey, his performance for a 3rd time in a row was pretty flawless. Made no errors, looked clam, powerful and focused. It's gonna take someone special to stop him. He's certainly up there p4p. Linares is mouth watering fight as is Lomachenko. Crawford is probably his biggest threat out there or spence if he moved to 147. Great fights out there for him. Broner is still talented but I see his career going the same way as zab Judahs

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    broner was never really an elite fighter to start with... he is good and has some talent but he just never got himself to that elite level, he lost badly to maidana and porter, that's not elite, he made his reputation beating guys like gavin rees, good boxers but clearly below elite level.. Broner was a bit of a fraud to start with and got away with it by doing a poor mans(ha ha cause it;s all about money :S) mayweather impersonation..(mayweather is also crap at trash talk btw, and broner is worse than floyd)

Precisely. Nothing more need be said.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner will never be PPV ever UNLESS he is fodder for Canelo or Manny.... But I think Garcia, if he can keep it going, will make an interesting fight for someone.

I wonder how long will it take before GG, Crawford or Lomachenko gets into the PPV league status? Legit PPV?

Hidden Content

Thread Information