Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adrien Broner is done as an elite fighter!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner is done as an elite fighter!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Broner will never be PPV ever UNLESS he is fodder for Canelo or Manny.... But I think Garcia, if he can keep it going, will make an interesting fight for someone.

I wonder how long will it take before GG, Crawford or Lomachenko gets into the PPV league status? Legit PPV?
    I don't think any of them will, the media machine tends to start rolling on PPV fighters before they are out of nappies.

Them three fighters are all 30+ aren't they?

Not that that is especially old but sky and the likes of tend to generate mass exposure in their early 20's to maximise their potential PPV'S.

Look at AJ and Ginger Pubes, and to a failed extent Broner.
    Last edited by Batman; 08-01-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Broner will never be PPV ever UNLESS he is fodder for Canelo or Manny.... But I think Garcia, if he can keep it going, will make an interesting fight for someone.

I wonder how long will it take before GG, Crawford or Lomachenko gets into the PPV league status? Legit PPV?
    I don't think any of them will, the media machine tends to start rolling on PPV fighters before they are out of nappies.

Not that that is especially old but sky and the likes of tend to generate mass exposure in their early 20's to maximise their potential PPV'S.

Look at AJ and Ginger Pubes, and to a failed extend Broner.
    AJ is by far the only one worthy of PPV. Wilder COULD have been PPV, but he chooses to fight above average guys rather than take risks. Aside from Stiverne, everyone who Wilder faced would have been killed by AJ.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ is by far the only one worthy of PPV. Wilder COULD have been PPV, but he chooses to fight above average guys rather than take risks. Aside from Stiverne, everyone who Wilder faced would have been killed by AJ.
    completely agree but it is what it is, I mean other than Klit who has AJ fought to make him PPV?
    Ginger Pubes was primed for it ever since his first fight on a Mayweather undercard, same with AB, it just went wrong for him but that is what they were planning no doubt about it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

completely agree but it is what it is, I mean other than Klit who has AJ fought to make him PPV?
    Ginger Pubes was primed for it ever since his first fight on a Mayweather undercard, same with AB, it just went wrong for him but that is what they were planning no doubt about it.
    True. But AB has no one to blame but himself. He let money and showing off money he does not have get into the way of greatness. Floyd never forgot what Greatness was.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much are broners betwixt fights and training antics effecting his ability to perform in the ring? Any type of substance abuse alters brain chemistry. Does he have it in him to stop the craziness? He got the dui, he was acting suicidal, brandishing a firearm the dude ain't thinking clearly. There are some in sports who perform at the top level even with a habit but most don't. If broner were to completely turn things around maybe he could regain his old glory. I wouldn't bet on it but I do wonder how if he could make a clean comeback.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    How much are broners betwixt fights and training antics effecting his ability to perform in the ring? Any type of substance abuse alters brain chemistry. Does he have it in him to stop the craziness? He got the dui, he was acting suicidal, brandishing a firearm the dude ain't thinking clearly. There are some in sports who perform at the top level even with a habit but most don't. If broner were to completely turn things around maybe he could regain his old glory. I wouldn't bet on it but I do wonder how if he could make a clean comeback.
    He is unstable. The large ego he has may be a mental illness. He does stuff for attention. He is just not doing it positively by training to be a great fighter. Skills he does have, but his mind will not let him escape his assholery.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    He is unstable. The large ego he has may be a mental illness. He does stuff for attention. He is just not doing it positively by training to be a great fighter. Skills he does have, but his mind will not let him escape his assholery.
    Definitely and it's a shame. As much of an ass he is he has skill and a can take a shot. He's one of those love to hate boxers and could be a hell of a draw if he weren't stinkin up the place

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to grow up already. It may already be too late. He needs to drop all the yes men, get a new corner and trainer. Too many voices in that corner between rounds and no one actually giving him solid advise to change the game plan.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    He needs to grow up already. It may already be too late. He needs to drop all the yes men, get a new corner and trainer. Too many voices in that corner between rounds and no one actually giving him solid advise to change the game plan.
    I think he likes those yes men to feed his fragile ego. Broner is one of these guys who knows it all and isn't going to change. He's as good as he's gonna be, which is pretty good, but not the best in the world.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember one fight he was yelling at his corner, idiot

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I think he likes those yes men to feed his fragile ego. Broner is one of these guys who knows it all and isn't going to change. He's as good as he's gonna be, which is pretty good, but not the best in the world.
    This. He is just who he is. In terms of position in the annals of boxing history, he will be remembered as a Terry Norris or Iran Barkley kinda guy. A good guy who did a thing or two, but just a good guy around greats. Barkley beat Hearns twice, but so what? Terry Norris was a champion for a long while, but even in terms of Sugar Ray or even Mugabi OR EVEN Julian Jackson, Norris is just Norris- a guy we all fought!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    This. He is just who he is. In terms of position in the annals of boxing history, he will be remembered as a Terry Norris or Iran Barkley kinda guy. A good guy who did a thing or two, but just a good guy around greats. Barkley beat Hearns twice, but so what? Terry Norris was a champion for a long while, but even in terms of Sugar Ray or even Mugabi OR EVEN Julian Jackson, Norris is just Norris- a guy we all fought!
    Terry Norris was a better fighter than Broner ever will be.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is if he could only humble himself a little, do a total clean out, re-tool, he could still cause a bit of noise. He ain't going to get over that hump if he remains in his current situation.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everybody is failing to mention that Broner has had major flaws in his arsenal through his whole career. He has always been the fighter with a ton of talent but average skill at best. He really has no signature win. All of the real names that he fought, he lost to (maidana, porter, Garcia). His best win was probably de Leon who was a smaller fighter and was a semi controversial decision.

Broner is one of those fighters that had the talent to become a superstar but never put it all together.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Everybody is failing to mention that Broner has had major flaws in his arsenal through his whole career. He has always been the fighter with a ton of talent but average skill at best. He really has no signature win. All of the real names that he fought, he lost to (maidana, porter, Garcia). His best win was probably de Leon who was a smaller fighter and was a semi controversial decision.

Broner is one of those fighters that had the talent to become a superstar but never put it all together.
    My first post in this thread asked how good he was really. #3. I don't think anyone is saying that without the outside influences that Broner would have been elite. He may have performed better. Who knows what a hungry, focused Broner without all the HBO treatment and P4P talk would have been like in the Maidana fight. I could see a serious Broner winning that fight.

Thread Information