Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shall we talk about David Haye and Tony Bellew NOT fighting each other?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shall we talk about David Haye and Tony Bellew NOT fighting each other?

david-haye-tony-bellew-rematch-not-happening-eddie-hearn/

'a complete disaster' David Haye will NOT fight Tony Bellew in rematch as they cannot agree on terms, reveals Eddie Hearn
    The two clashed back in March this year, with Bellew stopping Haye in the 11th round of a British boxing classic
    NEGOTIATIONS for a rematch between Tony Bellew and David Haye are ‘virtually dead’, according to boxing promoter Eddie Hearn.

The two boxers, who clashed in March this year with Bellew winning via an 11th round stoppage, are nowhere near to agreeing terms on part II.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Matchroom head Hearn said: “I don’t think Bellew vs Haye will happen.

“Although there was hugs and kisses in the ring after the fight, trying to get these two to agree to anything is a complete disaster.”

The Haymaker injured his Achilles in the fight with Bellew that subsequently needed surgery and a lengthy recovery time.

Bellew shocked the boxing world with his surprise 11th round victory over his fellow Brit at the O2 in London.

Even though Haye lost the fight, the heavyweight still says that Bellew is on his level.

Both fighters are battling for the rights for the likes of who comes out first in the ring walks and neither are backing down.

Hearn added: “Tony Bellew got the win, so he should get the benefits of that win, and David Haye feels like Bellew still isn’t on his level.

“When you’re talking about ring walks, who goes first on the poster, changing rooms, splits, all this kind of stuff, it’s impossible.

“I think at this stage, Bellew vs Haye II is virtually dead.”
    Didn't old Davey boy say that the rematch would be entirely on Bellews terms seeings as he was 'the man' who took the fight against the 'most feared' heavyweight' going and he beat him fair and square and that Davey boy had to avenge that loss to get back in contention with the rest of the pretenders?

or something along them lines.

may I just say one thing and one thing only...David Haye is a cunt, that is all

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shall we talk about David Haye and Tony Bellew NOT fighting each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

'a complete disaster' David Haye will NOT fight Tony Bellew in rematch as they cannot agree on terms, reveals Eddie Hearn
    The two clashed back in March this year, with Bellew stopping Haye in the 11th round of a British boxing classic
    NEGOTIATIONS for a rematch between Tony Bellew and David Haye are ‘virtually dead’, according to boxing promoter Eddie Hearn.

The two boxers, who clashed in March this year with Bellew winning via an 11th round stoppage, are nowhere near to agreeing terms on part II.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Matchroom head Hearn said: “I don’t think Bellew vs Haye will happen.

“Although there was hugs and kisses in the ring after the fight, trying to get these two to agree to anything is a complete disaster.”

The Haymaker injured his Achilles in the fight with Bellew that subsequently needed surgery and a lengthy recovery time.

Bellew shocked the boxing world with his surprise 11th round victory over his fellow Brit at the O2 in London.

Even though Haye lost the fight, the heavyweight still says that Bellew is on his level.

Both fighters are battling for the rights for the likes of who comes out first in the ring walks and neither are backing down.

Hearn added: “Tony Bellew got the win, so he should get the benefits of that win, and David Haye feels like Bellew still isn’t on his level.

“When you’re talking about ring walks, who goes first on the poster, changing rooms, splits, all this kind of stuff, it’s impossible.

Didn't old Davey boy say that the rematch would be entirely on Bellews terms seeings as he was 'the man' who took the fight against the 'most feared' heavyweight' going and he beat him fair and square and that Davey boy had to avenge that loss to get back in contention with the rest of the pretenders?

You love him really. I can hear the pining in your voice
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shall we talk about David Haye and Tony Bellew NOT fighting each other?

Well at least Tony Bellew..........

yeah

scrub that
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not. Plenty of other fights that are actually signed to talk about.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

You love him really. I can hear the pining in your voice
    About as much as you love Brock

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Itll happen

bit of tension starting already

get the fans on board, is it isn't it

i'm looking forward to it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye's had his day, his poxy ankle has given him a get-out clause in a fight where he looked shocking. Embarrassing. There's nobody I have any interest in seeing him fight.

And Bellew is a lucky bastard too. He's "world" champion in a division full of killers, there's half-a-dozen cruiserweights that would give him their left nut to get shot at his belt and the payday he provides in the UK, yet is now a "heavyweight" so can conveniently justify swerving everyone.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a shame because there is a genuine intrigue there with how that last fight unfolded. Was it the injury or was Haye shot? Or was Bellew Superman? I would be interested in seeing it again. What kind of gayness is it to care about who enters the ring first? You are getting paid, so just do the work and get on with it. What's the problem there?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Haye's had his day, his poxy ankle has given him a get-out clause in a fight where he looked shocking. Embarrassing. There's nobody I have any interest in seeing him fight.

And Bellew is a lucky bastard too. He's "world" champion in a division full of killers, there's half-a-dozen cruiserweights that would give him their left nut to get shot at his belt and the payday he provides in the UK, yet is now a "heavyweight" so can conveniently justify swerving everyone.
    Don't forget that he is also emeritus champion at CW

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is Eddie just hyping up the fight and the early days of negotiation where both boxers are being divas.

Bellew has no where to go other than Haye, he will pretend he can fight other heavyweight but he would not get as much money and would probably lose. Bellew was ready to retire after the Haye fight but hit the jackpot. Bellew could retire but he needs Haye more that Haye needs Bellew.

Haye does have more options but his days at the top are gone but the division is easier pickings other than AJ and Wilder who would be too big for him.

David Haye could target the WBO belt if he wants but I think he will want to avenge the loss because that was embarrassing.

I do not care if they fight or not, my preference is they do not, Bellew retires and Haye loses his next fight and retires himself.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh they took his WBC belt, thought he still had it. He wont be coming back to cruiserweight anyway, there's more chance of him beating Wilder/Parker than the current crop of top cruisers, and most importantly (to him/boxers) double the dough on offer
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These two are irrelevant and this rematch is really irrelevant
    Bellew could fight Parker or Wilder but he's just looking for the money
    He's going to milk that victory for as long as possible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but you always say that!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Michael Bisping '100%' wants to face Tony Bellew in a boxing fight

UFC champion Michael Bisping says he "100%" wants a boxing fight with ex-WBC cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew.

Bellew, 34, who has not fought since beating heavyweight David Haye in March, had said he would fight fellow Britain Bisping, 38, in a ring or cage.

Bisping tweeted he would fight Bellew, after his UFC middleweight title contest against Georges St-Pierre.

"Well it looks and sounds good to me," Bellew replied: "I'll provide a knockout to add to my highlight reel."

Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather faces UFC champion Conor McGregor in a boxing contest on 26 August in Las Vegas.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Bellew, who has 29 wins, two losses and a draw from his 32 fights, said: "I can wrestle, I can grapple, I punch hard, I can kick and I've got some kickboxing experience.

"If you're asking if I would get in the cage with a puncher in the UFC? Mike Bisping is a guy who is predominantly known as a puncher and he's a very strong wrestler as well.

"I think I could get down to 185[lbs]. If the money is right, then Tony Bellew would happily enter a cage or a ring. Maybe let's do one of them each."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40947331
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information