Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lomachenko? Name 1-3 fighters he needs to face to satisfy you.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lomachenko? Name 1-3 fighters he needs to face to satisfy you.

Both guys seem to want the fight but there is already politics at play. The Davis fight is probably just as hard to make. Personally I think Berchelt or Corrales are easier fights to make on ESPN. I just hope Loma isn't kept treading water. I give him a pass here as the Salido fight fell through, as well as Corrales I think. And the ESPN dealing coming into affect. Mikey is trying to make big fights. Loma has to keep pace.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I'm confused at your motive here. Loma has only 10 professional fights. We get that. He has about 400 amateur fights so he isn't some normal fighter with 10 fights. We all know that he is one of the best fighters in the world. In order to prove that he is the best though, he has to have a signature win.
    Well that right there explains exactly why he can be considered P4P no.1

Amateur fights?

He's not just a unique incredibly skilled two weight world champion within 10 fights he's also the greatest ever amateur. If his amateur career is a reason to fasttrack him then equally it must be factored into his current standing.
    I agree. So then why are you keep bringing up the point that he only has 10 pro fights as an excuse to not fight too competition?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think every fight from here needs to be relevant for Loma. I'm not really interested in a Salido rematch anymore unless he does something to warrant it (win a belt or defeats a contender). If Loma stays at 130 it needs to be unification's. If he wants to challenge himself and back up his talk he targets Mikey. There was talk of Loma going to 135 for Flanagan, why does the tune change when Garcia will be in the other corner?

Because Mikey Garcia is the total package and is a star in his own right. He's been a bit under the radar, as opposed to Loma, but he's got every bit as much self-confidence that Loma has. Frankly, I wouldn't blame Loma for avoiding him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm confused at your motive here. Loma has only 10 professional fights. We get that. He has about 400 amateur fights so he isn't some normal fighter with 10 fights. We all know that he is one of the best fighters in the world. In order to prove that he is the best though, he has to have a signature win.
    Well that right there explains exactly why he can be considered P4P no.1

Amateur fights?

He's not just a unique incredibly skilled two weight world champion within 10 fights he's also the greatest ever amateur. If his amateur career is a reason to fasttrack him then equally it must be factored into his current standing.
    I agree. So then why are you keep bringing up the point that he only has 10 pro fights as an excuse to not fight too competition?
    You're reading into my posts something that's not intended. I'm not a fan of any fighter i'm a fan of boxing. If it was up to me I would match all fighters against the toughest possible opposition EVERY fight. No "gimmes," no soft defenses, no easy touches. I couldn't care less about what any fighter earns, their life, career, anything.

I'd have Loma facing Crawford at 140 next let alone Garcia.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be honest I'm beginning to hold the toying and cocky shat against him. Not his "greatness" and dominance but conduct while possessing overwhelming advantages as we saw last night. If you're superior...just hammer the nail don't tickle and tap it. Showmanship makes the sport go round but ffs they were running on like he was beating an elite when all he was doing as it went was carrying him to clown. Especially when the opponent was coming -up- in weight and conveniently stuffed into top rankings in a division he had never competed just to make another showcase easier to swallow. His reputation and rep was based on losses, however tough he was. For starters he can fight someone his own flipping size. He has 3 fellow champs in same division. Move to clear it out with Corrales being more likely as he was also featured on espn but I do think Berchelt would provide more of a contest. Davis would be good after a couple more fights, maybe, but think hell would freeze over before promotions work together. Or move up and be represent the weight you're already actually at. Forget all the Crawford stuff..lets slow the roll and do the time and advance properly not leap frog divisions based on anointed 'superiority'. Oh and don't get so cocky he takes wind up hooks he has no business being hit with. Boredom and that sort of thing becomes part of a guys overall presentation and it catches up quick.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Arum does a longer term deal with ESPN and guys like Lomachenko and Crawford are stuck there for several fights I just don't think ESPN will come up with the scratch to make fights like Lomachenko-Garcia or Crawford-Spence a possibility and that's even if Arum wants to make them which is questionable to say the least. Does anybody know the purses for Saturday night's fights or the purses for the upcoming Crawford fight?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's not about 10 fights. It's about him being called number 1 P4P. People saying he's the best fighter in 30 yearsOn the 10 fights scale his opposition is great.He should fight Rigo who wants the fight, Berchelt who wants the fight or Mikey who wants the fight
    Yes, exactly. His achievements in the ring pale in comparison to Andre Ward. There's now way on earth he should be rated #1 pound for pound. I have serious doubts he could have beaten the trio of JMM, Barrera, or Morales at featherweight. They were NEVER P4P #1. Now, if he beats Rigondueax and Garcia then sure he's pound for pound. Definitely if he beats Crawford.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia looked to have moved out of the weight classification.... so that looks like that being out of the question....

But, Rigo should be there... rematch Salido.... and probably Rances Barthelemy........ that would do for me. Just to make him more legit without chasing the prima donna's... ya know?!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's not about 10 fights. It's about him being called number 1 P4P. People saying he's the best fighter in 30 yearsOn the 10 fights scale his opposition is great.He should fight Rigo who wants the fight, Berchelt who wants the fight or Mikey who wants the fight
    Yes, exactly. His achievements in the ring pale in comparison to Andre Ward. There's now way on earth he should be rated #1 pound for pound. I have serious doubts he could have beaten the trio of JMM, Barrera, or Morales at featherweight. They were NEVER P4P #1. Now, if he beats Rigondueax and Garcia then sure he's pound for pound. Definitely if he beats Crawford.
    Agreed.

And that's great he's had over 400 amateur fights but were they all against taxi drivers?

Sorry, but he needs to prove himself in the pro ranks with champions before putting him anywhere near Ward.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In four years/10 fights Loma has fought 5 "world" champions and a further three world title challengers. Ward has been a pro for 13 years, fought 7 "world" champions in 32 fights.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In four years/10 fights Loma has fought 5 "world" champions and a further three world title challengers. Ward has been a pro for 13 years, fought 7 "world" champions in 32 fights.
    Ward is undefeated too. Plus he is in a heavier weight class and guys duck him more than the other way around.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Ward is undefeated too. Plus he is in a heavier weight class and guys duck him more than the other way around.
    Ward "ducked?" Never has a fighter been more mollycoddled than him. He's had every meaningful fight at home on his promotion - judges, officials, never even left America. Made his name in the super-six yet refused to fight Dirrell. Forced Dawson to near kill himself to get to 168.

Chayaphon Moonsri is a 47-0 WBC champion. Don't see you boys waffling about his P4P-ness because he's unbeaten?
    Last edited by Fenster; 08-11-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And your point? You are just pointing out that Ward has more credentials and a better case for p4p king.

Also, weren't you the one saying how rankings were bogus so you can't use that as an argument but you are using world champions (obviously worthless titles for the most part) as a legitimate argument? At this point, Ward has easily beaten the better fighters. It's not close

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And your point? You are just pointing out that Ward has more credentials and a better case for p4p king.

Also, weren't you the one saying how rankings were bogus so you can't use that as an argument but you are using world champions (obviously worthless titles for the most part) as a legitimate argument? At this point, Ward has easily beaten the better fighters. It's not close
    The point?

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Sorry, but he needs to prove himself in the pro ranks with champions before putting him anywhere near Ward.
    I was providing balance. Knowledge.

Feel free to point out where I've said Ward can't be ranked P4P no.1? I'm not the one tripping over myself in an attempt to enforce my opinion about a fantasy concept.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma has already lost.
    ("But it was unfair! The referee! The judges! The low blows! Yada yada ya)

To compare him against Ward at this level is pathetic.

We all know Loma is getting on in years so the fans and media are obviously trying to rush him along into this undeserved position.

What makes matters worse is that Top rank and corrupt Bob arum will milk this for all it's worth.

Thread Information